Jorginho - DM - Chelsea (5 Viewers)

Should we get him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Well, I don't. He's not exactly a Jabroni, but he's not a World Class player either.

I expect better and Jorginho as our main midfield reinforcement would be incredibly disappointing.

I also don't want a player coming in because our mediocre coach (who hopefully won't last beyond the summer of 2021) wants him, leaving us stuck with him (Jorginho) later down the line (older and with no resale value).
I think he should, if he did come in, come in alongside a really quality midfield signing as well. I think he is a tidy midfield player that has the ability to dictate play in the midfield. This

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
btw jorginho is not a bad player by any means, but he's a sideways step at best. he's basically an other pjanic with less to offer going forward, and a bit more of defensive contribution. out of those potential pjanic substitutes (him, arthur, paredes) arthur has the best potential, but jorginho is probably the less risky move. :shifty:
Dude, Pjanic is better.

- - - Updated - - -

Valdifiori as regista. Vecino as box to box with ?? and Saponara in the '10 role
Ah, yes. Valdifiori. Where is he now? All that players didn't make much of a career.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: So, Sarri is left-handed?

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Maybe if you watch actual football, you will realise players that deep dont tend to get direct assists, but more of hockey assists. The opening pass that dictates the shape of the attack, find the open player who easily lays it off to the scorer type playmaking.
We are in dare need for creativity that comes from the middle.... assisting the strikers and shooting on target ....not a useless hockey passes

i think you watched our team this season When we rely on hockey passes the team is easily at bay when the opponents defending as a group then our football become dull , since beating Inter in Milano ..

we dont need another hockey passer here ... we need long range passes, quick counter attack passes, shooting on target frequently , volleys over the defenders to assist strikers, crosses between the defenders to assist them .... thats the actual football ...!!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Sarri's football is not based on counter-attacking play though, its about domination in the opposing territory through possession and movement which is dictated by the starting movements from the back line and midfield

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Sorry but I don't see the upgrade. We can do exactly the same compilation for Pjanic. I'm not the Bosnian's biggest fan, but if to replace him with jorginho might as well keep him, at least Pjanic is one of the best free-kick shooters.
It's not an upgrade, I was just replying to the post. He makes a lot of similar forward passes to Pjanic, but of course most passes will be lateral.

Ronaldo doesn't let Pjanic take half of the free-kicks he used to do anyway, unfortunately.

Upside to Jorginho is that he seems less likely to be cooked by February.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
You guys rely on youtube which is not enough...

i advise to google the problem that Chelsea had during Sarri with his Jorginho ....

Jorginho started very well in Sarri team ... later the second part of the season, all the teams just easily started to mark out Jorginho and make Sarri football at bay ....

the team was soo predictable and Chelsea lost many games afterwards.... read this :lol2:

CCD2D7BB-74CC-4A03-BA8A-549215C33817.jpeg

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/29/paul...o-problem-maurizio-sarri-chelsea-9344929/amp/

You guys dont watch actual football
:hihi:
F1CE3D8D-1001-477B-9AA7-358A80E0B40A.jpeg

C17524EB-11C5-4541-9752-27186D7CF304.jpeg

E4F9E196-5BF7-469B-A227-A1AA6357AC7E.jpeg

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You guys rely on youtube which is not enough...

i advise to google the problem that Chelsea had during Sarri with his Jorginho ....

Jorginho started very well in Sarri team ... later the second part of the season, all the teams just easily started to mark out Jorginho and make Sarri football at bay ....

the team was soo predictable and Chelsea lost many games afterwards.... read this :lol2:

CCD2D7BB-74CC-4A03-BA8A-549215C33817.jpeg

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/29/paul...o-problem-maurizio-sarri-chelsea-9344929/amp/

You guys dont watch actual football
:hihi:
The Scholes article is about the issue where he replaced Kanté as the DM player at Chelsea, and how Jorginho was getting overrun in midfield in Chelsea's away games. So basically it's the same issue Pjanic faces here, or any other DLP in a midfield where they don't have protection.

If you're a DLP in Sarri's team then of course you are going to play 95% of totally non-threatening passes, because that's just how he likes to play the game, but you suggested he only made sideways passes, and it's clear even in a 6 min Youtube video that he has vision to make the forward pass if the run is on.

Imagine GOAT on the end of some of those.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
The Scholes article is about the issue where he replaced Kanté as the DM player at Chelsea, and how Jorginho was getting overrun in midfield in Chelsea's away games. So basically it's the same issue Pjanic faces here, or any other DLP in a midfield where they don't have protection.

If you're a DLP in Sarri's team then of course you are going to play 95% of totally non-threatening passes, because that's just how he likes to play the game, but you suggested he only made sideways passes, and it's clear even in a 6 min Youtube video that he has vision to make the forward pass if the run is on.

I get you more articles above , check them

Jorginho is a fraud ....

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Dude, Pjanic is better.
he is, but his time at juve is clearly up. currently, jorginho has potentially 3 attributes that are better than pjanic: knows sarri better, offers slightly more in defending, and since pjanic isn't motivated at all, jorginho could potentially offer more grinta.

to get it straight: i won't promote jorginho's arrival. he's not even on my top10 list, we should get more dynamic midfielders. but i'd probably take him over arthur, and surely over paredes.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006

You make a good point but here's something off topic. Why didn't we go for Kante instead of Matuidi? He's clearly a better player.

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
he is, but his time at juve is clearly up. currently, jorginho has potentially 3 attributes that are better than pjanic: knows sarri better, offers slightly more in defending, and since pjanic isn't motivated at all, jorginho could potentially offer more grinta.

to get it straight: i won't promote jorginho's arrival. he's not even on my top10 list, we should get more dynamic midfielders. but i'd probably take him over arthur, and surely over paredes.
Well said.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I think Pjanic is the superior player between the two tbh. I don't think this rumour holds any water, because why would you want to trade a 28 year old for 30 year old when Chelski are known not to handle +3 year contracts for >30 year olds.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Jorginho is vastly underrated around here. I trust in our new brand of football, Sarriball or whatever, and we need players like this. He fits the bill, and the foundations for his success is there
for what possible reason?

- - - Updated - - -

My dream is Frenkie de Jong. Since we already have de Ligt...

i agree with this post 100% but i still have to dislike it. sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Jorginho is underrated here but since ive seen de jongs name i want nobody else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)