Jonathan Zebina (10 Viewers)

Legend, not a legend?

• Legend?

• Not a Legend?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Whack article from some dude named Alessio from the Offsides.

The Aftermath of Fulham

There’s a lot of issues at Juventus right now. The humiliation to Fulham, the inability to maintain a lead, and more personal, the Zebina-Melo incidents with the tifosi.

Before the disaster even began, at training the fans chanted against Zebina and Melo. At the end of the match, as you may know, Zebina was heavily jeered again by the fans having been sent off. There was a second player who received heavy criticism from the traveling fans (and had often in the past) but it wasn’t Felipe Melo, it was Cannavaro. I don’t like Cannavaro and never will, but he is a classy person. He’s dealt with a lot of criticism since returning to Juventus, but never lashed out in the way that Melo and Zebina have, simply, because he knows it complicates things immensely.

The team returned last night to Caselle, Turin’s airport, and were welcomed by a few hundred tifosi who jeered the team. Leaders of the fans met with Del Piero and Bettega, and while the humiliation at Fulham was discussed, the primary topic was in fact Melo and Zebina’s disgraceful gestures and whether any action would be taken. Bettega and Del Piero did not give any specific responses, and the fans promised that they would not protest at Vinovo, though they reserved the right to do so away at Sampdoria. However, a few showed up to erect a banner saying, “You do not deserve our love, be ashamed of yourself.”

Today, in a brief interview, Melo complained, “In London I ran hard and fought, what do you want from me?” (Hint: A decent performance, you jackass) And “This cannot continue, we received more applause from Fulham fans than our own.” (Maybe because you just gave them their team’s best-ever result, and gave us a giant turd) This morning at Vinovo, Blanc and Bettega met with the team for a long time, and warned the players of their behavior, saying that what had passed was unacceptable. A double-aimed message was posted officially on Juventus.com, with the translation below.

No more.

Official Note from Juventus

At the end of training today, the President and vice-director General formally called into question some of the players, so that in the future they do not repeat events such as those that happened at the end of the last few games. Frustration for a very disappointing result does not justify behavior which increases useless tensions, hurting the image of Juventus. The team needs to find the maximum compactness on the pitch, and enjoy the full support of their own fans, who’s contribution is decisive for finding the confidence necessary to overcome these difficult moments.

One can read a condemnation of Zebina and Melo in there, but also one of the fans. For me, this isn’t satisfying. Jeering Melo and Zebina isn’t necessarily right (I’d jeer JZ if I was there, but not Melo) but their behavior is unacceptable and a verbal and formal reprimand is not enough. Both need to be suspended for a few weeks and receive a massive fine, one hopefully in line with their grossly overpaid salaries.

http://juventus.theoffside.com/team-news/the-aftermath-of-fulham.html

This is a major problem.

Why do Zebina and Melo deserve massive fines? What am I missing here?

Mitico12

The JUVEnATOR
Nov 25, 2009
Your point being?

Singing against your rivals is something and chanting against your own players is something else.

Don't try to mix the two things now. And they're not the only fans that chant the Balotelli thing. The whole stadium chants the Balotelli thing.
Are you guys serious? I mean, how many of you would smack Melo or Zebina in the face if given the chance for their disaserous performances this year?

Well, given the fact that most of us don't have physical access to these clowns to do that, the best way to "smack" them is by making them feel rotten through verbal abuse.

Zebina is a horror show! He's either injured or...or...or doing jack shit. As for Melo, Fiorentina must be laughing all the way to the bank with his transfer fee....what garbage. Absolute garbage of a player.

They deserve to be insulted...lazy good-for-nothing pieces of shit that they are.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Zebina hasn't been anywhere near as bad as Grygera. And once again, a player who wasn't all that bad yesterday gets the blame, much like Chimenti. Cuntavarro, Grosso, DC and Brazzo were the worst players out there.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
a smart managment would have frozen Zebina out and fined him, for several reasons:
1. His behaviour continues to be dramatic toward the fans everytime the situation get tough.
2. Going to the press and attack the fans after such a humilating defeat would not only increase the fan hatered toward the players but also to prepare for an attack in the next game which will effect the whole team.
3. The managment need this action to stand with the fans and take off the heat, and am sorry for Zebina, on a washed up player whose contract already expires by the end of the season.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Zebina hasn't been anywhere near as bad as Grygera. And once again, a player who wasn't all that bad yesterday gets the blame, much like Chimenti. Cuntavarro, Grosso, DC and Brazzo were the worst players out there.
Not the blame for the defeat, but blame for his moronic behaviour.

.. Have to admit I enjoy watching his antics though :lol:

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I think its about professionalism. Fans cant be held for their professionalism but players can and it was proberly about taking the jeers yes even if its from your own fans. Thats what you basically get shit loads of money for. Either way both are to blame. Zebina not for much of his performances though but really the fans need to mature up as well because on that night it couldnt get worse when you show internal conflict infront of the rest of europe. You have disagreements, show them at training grounds, or when they return home, rather than rest of the world on camera and in oppositions stadium to make our image look more than a joke than it currently is.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I support Juventus and supporting the players is whats best for the club. Insulting them will not help us in any way we need to try to encourage them and get behind them wether they deserve it or not. Zebina has been at the club a long time and deserves more respect. The fans have let us down time and time again this season with their racist chants and bullshit protests. Im angry and upset at the way things are too but the fans should learn to show more class instead of damaging the image of the club like they have done this season. Racist chants, stupid fires, empty stadiums its all pathetic imo. just look at the way fans of clubs like liverpool and celtic will always sing and cheer their team at the end of the match even in defeat, yes them fans are normally cunts but they deserve respect and are admired for this. Its the best way imo.

Forza Juve! Forza Zebina!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)