Jonathan Zebina (98 Viewers)

Legend, not a legend?

• Legend?

• Not a Legend?

Results are only viewable after voting.

whateverr

Jun 16, 2009
oops im sorry man i didnt watch the match
i only saw their formation and i thought that robben played on the left and ronaldo on the right.sorry.
No need to apologise...they might decide to change things around tomorrow...who knows. Plus Ronaldo does alternate between left and right (during his man u time). It wouldn't suprise me if he does it for Real as well.

I would prefer Sali to cover him, he has quicker reaction times and is fast to boot...Zebina is always outclassed by pace.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I remember reading that Zebina is suffering from fatigue; not a huge deal. He's just not in particularly good shape, I guess... once again. Hopefully Ciro can whip him into shape.

He could have played today if he was suspended; Pepe still has 5 games left on his 10 game suspension, and he played.

It was our biggest hole last season... it should help ZG that we no longer play that super high line, but I think we definitely still need an upgrade at RB.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I remember reading that Zebina is suffering from fatigue; not a huge deal. He's just not in particularly good shape, I guess... once again. Hopefully Ciro can whip him into shape.

He could have played today if he was suspended; Pepe still has 5 games left on his 10 game suspension, and he played.

It was our biggest hole last season... it should help ZG that we no longer play that super high line, but I think we definitely still need an upgrade at RB.
Pepe's suspension is for La Liga, nothing to do with this competition.

Zebina, if I remember correctly, was booked in both the first two games, so I think he was probably suspended.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Pepe's suspension is for La Liga, nothing to do with this competition.

Zebina, if I remember correctly, was booked in both the first two games, so I think he was probably suspended.
When I was going through the match stats on "the site that shall not be named," they only showed that he was booked in the first match - which I was fortunately able to watch. No card in the second against the Koreans, but I didn't get to watch that match, so maybe they made an incorrect omission in the match stats?

Either way, I do remember reading that he was having problems with muscle fatigue.

Edit: Anyone have any good sites for Peace Cup match stats?

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
After two days of rest, the team returned to training in Vinovo. Reduced squad due to 12 internationals being absent.

Twelve absent and 12 on the field. Ferrara and his staff (including birthday boy Michelangelo Rampulla) worked with Manninger, Chimenti, Caceres, Legrottaglie, Molinaro, Almiron, Salihamidzic, Marrone, Yago, Amauri, Del Piero and Trezeguet.

De Ceglie, Diego, Giovinco and Zebina worked separately. The medical staff spoke of the conditions of the Brazilian, the Turin playmaker and the Frenchman in their medical bulletin.

Diego underwent today another magnetic resonance imaging test as well as a spectroscopy which showed the healing of the muscle strain to the femoral of the right thigh. During the week he will increase the workload in training until he joins the team.

The Frenchman felt a pain to the right Achilles tendon while Sebastian had a painful left thigh. The conditions of both will be verified tomorrow.

In light of these absences, 17 bianconeri have been called-up for the classical pre-season friendly match against the Primavera.

Together with the 12 players who were on the field in the afternoon, are 5 youngsters from the team of Luciano Bruni. These are defenders Bamba, De Paola, Alcibiade and Serino and midfielder Pirrotta.

:scared:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)