Jonathan Zebina (102 Viewers)

Legend, not a legend?

• Legend?

• Not a Legend?

Results are only viewable after voting.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
he is but he still needs to control his temper and his hands a bit while jumping. Other than that he is miles ahead of grygera, and i love his nasty attitude.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
He is worse than Grygera.. he even can't block one cross from Genoa players like Criscito and Palla.. and he always caught forward and miss pass.. He made Palla looks like C. Ronaldo and Moli make Sculli looks like Ronaldinho yesterday...

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Mr Unpopular
Jonathan Zebina should be one of the first to leave the Olimpico as part of the mini-revolution at Juventus, says Serafino Ingardia
Jonathan Zebina isn’t to blame for Juventus’ recent slump. As a result it may have come as a bit of a surprise when the boo-boys targeted him last Sunday against Lecce. The French defender took it badly, urging the Curva to be silent before pointing to his name on the back of his shirt.

The criticism aimed at the stopper, some vicious, was actually rather more rational than many people may think. It was just a matter of circumstances that they emerged on that given day. Consequently more than one Ultra is hoping that Zebina’s appearance at the weekend will be his last in that honourable Bianconeri jersey.

The former Romanista has been at Juventus since 2004, but has done very little to justify his arrival. He wanted to leave after demotion to Serie B but, as he puts it, was “forced” to stay. On the club’s return to Serie A he was surprisingly – and ludicrously – offered a new deal until June 2011.

Zebina is simply surplus to requirements at Juventus – and many other clubs judging by the apparent lack of interest in him from elsewhere. He’s a valid defender, but a temperamental and thus unreliable one. He had the potential to be one of the best full-backs in Europe but his character halted his progress. On top of that, he’s injury prone and over-paid.

How can Juve justify his costly presence in such times of financial crisis? He’s a full-time reserve to Zdenek Grygera, a player who has proved to be much more use to the Old Lady’s cause. His ego is also problematic.

Unpopular with fans and seemingly unpopular with boss Claudio Ranieri, who has afforded him little playing time this term, it seems that an exit would suit all concerned. Even the likely arrival of a new Coach won’t be enough to change things.

The only problem for the Bianconeri is trying to find a club willing to buy. Otherwise, the outfit should even consider negotiating a contract rescission and forfeiting a fee. That may sound harsh, but Zebina has no future in Turin. The fans know it, the club knows it and even Zebina must know it.

channel4.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
There was an interest from some EPL clubs, but our management didnt want to invest on our defense, they could sell him, add some cash and buy a reliable solution, but they have preferred expensive forwards and free defenders...

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008
He is no short of admirer in juventuz though.
I think DelpieroForLife was referring to the fact that Zebina has some fans here, in Juventuz.

Shouldn't that be 'impopular' mr Ingardia?
I think Dominic was referring to the title and the author of the C4 article. Although I think there's no such word as 'impopular' in English.

I hope this cleared things up a little bit for you guys :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 102)