Jonathan Zebina (2 Viewers)

Legend, not a legend?

• Legend?

• Not a Legend?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
The thing is that i didnt see any pre season games(only the milan game) and the calgiari game was the first game for him. I know it was a tough game and a very emotional one and he just snapped.

After last season i have high expectations from and not just the good defensive game, as he showed he has the ability to perform better.

@jack, he should be back in week 7 against the Viola
didn't watch pre season too, I was talking about last season he did quite well, but again, I am talking about the wage, Balzaretti could do well the job along with Brazzo and Grygera.. It's crazy to pay Zebina 2.5 Million a year.. Thou he is still one of my favorites, but that doesn't mean he deserves a wage like that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Zebina: I'm a changed man

Juventus defender Jonathan Zebina assures he has “changed” after sitting out a four-match ban for slapping a cameraman.

“Of course, if that person had not been there, I would have gone straight to the locker room, as I had intended,” explained the Frenchman.

He was sent off for two bookable offences at Cagliari’s Stadio Sant’Elia when he got into an argument with a steward on the sidelines and slapped him across the face.

“This is a matter I will talk about honestly now, but do not wish to discuss again, because it was very irritating for me. It gave an image of myself that is completely different to what everyone knows.

“As I told my dear mother, who was not proud of what I did, this is certainly a weakness I have had for some time. I have often been sent off for reacting or taking my protests too far rather than any violent fouls.”

Zebina’s disciplinary record has always been a problem, but he is trying to turn over a new leaf.

“This month on the sidelines forced me to think about that. I didn’t need to make a conscious decision to change – I simply have changed.”

In fact, he put some of the blame for that incident on Coach Claudio Ranieri and his own immaturity.

“My gesture cannot be justified. It was a terrible mistake for a professional like me,” commented the former Roma man.

“The tension started long before the Cagliari match, as I was so disappointed and upset to be left out of the opening game. I had been waiting for that moment for a year, ever since we went into Serie B, so that hit me hard.”

channel 4

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
in essence a coach is responsible for his player's actions on the field but in this case no. this was walking off the field so i agree that ranieri's name should be kept out of this.

Sep 2, 2002
Zebina deserves a second chance.

Having said that I still think he should be punished for what he had done and for now, only play in games where we face lesser teams.

He needs to earn our trust and respect on the field.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Having said that I still think he should be punished for what he had done and for now, only play in games where we face lesser teams.

I think this is more than his second chance.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

Wasn't the served suspension of 4 matches the punishement?:confused:

Sep 2, 2002
Wasn't the served suspension of 4 matches the punishement?:confused:
Will you field him over Grygera and Sali and have confidence that he will not do that silly mistake again?

I think Zebina on his day (that includes not making silly fouls and breaking our offside trap) is better than Grygera and Sali. He offers more options in our attacking play especially in set pieces. But he needs to prove that he is a changed man over time, not because he said he is.

Currently Grygera and Sali are safer option than Zebina IMO.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Will you field him over Grygera and Sali and have confidence that he will not do that silly mistake again?

I think Zebina on his day (that includes not making silly fouls and breaking our offside trap) is better than Grygera and Sali. He offers more options in our attacking play especially in set pieces. But he needs to prove that he is a changed man over time, not because he said he is.

Currently Grygera and Sali are safer option than Zebina IMO.
I'm saying that punishing someone for the same crime twice is against the principles of justice :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)