• Legend?

• Not a Legend?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juve accept Zebina ban

Juventus will not appeal against Jonathan Zebina’s four-match ban for slapping a cameraman. “We respect the sentence.”

The French defender was dismissed for dissent in the 3-2 victory at Cagliari in Week 2 and on his way off the field was involved in an argument with a cameraman.

The touchline brawl degenerated and Zebina slapped the media figure before he was hauled away by members of the Juve staff.

“When you are a professional, you must know that provocation is part of this job,” noted Bianconeri general manager Jean Claude Blanc.

“We will deal with the matter in-house without making it public. We have already met with the player and will do so again. As far as we are concerned, we respect the sporting justice system and the sentence.”

The four-match ban leaves Juve short on options at the back, but this is not the first time that Zebina has run into trouble.

Blanc also commented on under-fire captain Alessandro Del Piero, who looks set to be dropped against Ukraine this evening after a disappointing display with France.

“On Saturday we followed all the Juventus players on international duty and they were all decisive. This shows we have a competitive squad.

“I think Del Piero played a good game, but that does not influence the negotiations for his new contract. That is another matter we will be dealing with privately, but I can confirm there will soon be another meeting.”

The Azzurri apologised to the French FA for the jeers that drowned out the national anthem at San Siro on Saturday, but Frenchman Blanc had another take on the situation.

“If Raymond Domenech had not provoked the fans before the game, those jeers would never have happened.

“Football does not need behaviour like that. Players, Coaches and directors should be educators and act in a more professional manner.”

Bleus boss Domenech received a one-match touchline ban from UEFA for falsely accusing Italy of having “bought the referee” in an Under-21 tie in 1999.

channel 4

Geof

May 14, 2004
This was pretty clear.

Really really bad move by Zebina, he deserves a severe ban, and the club promised to fine him, no?

Four matches is pretty heavy (more than Zidane), but were we expecting any good treatment since we're back in A? The board nows damn well we're not gonna win anything in appeal. Might as well play low profile and get them bastards on the pitch.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
But the board should reject that, and shout out so that the whole world knows that that decision is not accepted! This way we are agreeing with their decision.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
True and not only that, not appealing against their decision doesn't really help Zebina's moral, shouldn't the club show some support to our players? or only fans do?

pathetic and lame

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
“On Saturday we followed all the Juventus players on international duty and they were all decisive. This shows we have a competitive squad.
Competitive my ass! Can anyone name those players who were decisive (except Gigi).

And you guys are complaining at our board cuz they don't want appeal against decision?? Did you forgot Calciopolli?:D

I really don't know what's with our board, but it seems that they are ready to accept anything...

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
But the board should reject that, and shout out so that the whole world knows that that decision is not accepted! This way we are agreeing with their decision.

while I agree that we should have appealed the decision, the plus side is that we won't have to see shaky Zebina play for 4 matches. and that is a relief.

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
Really? He got excellent season last term, in this much everyone lost his temper, the game was so tough, chiellini was much worse than him, he is doing ok, the ban is not fair, but sure he will come back with a better control of his temper..
Yes, he'll come back with better control of his temper, then he'll be nice guy for some uncertain period of time, then he'll make some stupid thing again, then...

And don't get me wrong, he's excellent player and only thing that he miss is self control.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yes, he'll come back with better control of his temper, then he'll be nice guy for some uncertain period of time, then he'll make some stupid thing again, then...

And don't get me wrong, he's excellent player and only thing that he miss is self control.
:shifty:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

Madness!!! My eyes must decieve me!

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
what the fuck are you? Marko the blind? You said Zebina is an excellent player I said Madness. you replied "What?" And I restated my post since you seem blind. Do you now understand?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)