• Not a Legend?

Results are only viewable after voting.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
http://football-italia.net/65169/zebina-‘juventus-are-fragile’

Zebina: ‘Juventus are fragile’
By Football Italia staff

Former Juventus full-back Jonathan Zebina describes the Bianconeri as 'mentally fragile’ ahead of their clash with Monaco.

The Old Lady welcome the principality side to Juventus Stadium tonight for the first leg of their Quarter Final and the 36-year-old sees weaknesses in the Italian champions.

“Their priority remains the the League, because until recent years they were without the Scudetto,” Zebina theorised as he spoke to L’Equipe.

“They know they can’t compete for the Champions League yet.

“The level of Serie A has fallen, and the Italian League can neither retain nor attract top players, so Juventus find themselves facing less formidable teams, and only facing real intensity in the Champions League.

“In addition, they lack the resources, so the management is focused on younger players like [Paul] Pogba, or maybe ones with experience, but who come at a lower cost like [Patrice] Evra and [Carlos] Tevez.

“It won’t be easy against Monaco, even though they're favourites to make the next round.

“They’re mentally fragile, maybe, because European football is more direct and less tactical.”

:howler:
Legend

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
He's from a different time, he just sees were Juventus is now from what era he was in. He didn't need to bash his former club like that though. To think I used to have a soft spot for him, I'm happy he tore his achillis :D.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
damn that was harsh, brutal and for the most part painfully true, only thing I disagree with is us having Serie A as the priority, I think we'll come at Monaco with absolutely all we got and hold nothing back, alle pulver mode

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Nigga just keepin it real. I wish more people would speak more about the harsh trueths instead of sugar coating everything. I like constructive critisism.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
http://football-italia.net/65169/zebina-‘juventus-are-fragile’

Zebina: ‘Juventus are fragile’
By Football Italia staff

Former Juventus full-back Jonathan Zebina describes the Bianconeri as 'mentally fragile’ ahead of their clash with Monaco.

The Old Lady welcome the principality side to Juventus Stadium tonight for the first leg of their Quarter Final and the 36-year-old sees weaknesses in the Italian champions.

“Their priority remains the the League, because until recent years they were without the Scudetto,” Zebina theorised as he spoke to L’Equipe.

“They know they can’t compete for the Champions League yet.

“The level of Serie A has fallen, and the Italian League can neither retain nor attract top players, so Juventus find themselves facing less formidable teams, and only facing real intensity in the Champions League.

“In addition, they lack the resources, so the management is focused on younger players like [Paul] Pogba, or maybe ones with experience, but who come at a lower cost like [Patrice] Evra and [Carlos] Tevez.

“It won’t be easy against Monaco, even though they're favourites to make the next round.

They’re mentally fragile, maybe, because European football is more direct and less tactical.

:howler:
I never liked this brute but he is right. I think we are getting better though.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I think Zebina has a fair point, as most of you seem to think as well. It's not until Allegri's arrival our mental stength has increased. At least from my impression. I think Conte's very risk aversive approach in CL probably affected us for the worse. Conte did a lot of things really, really good and he was right that the other teams for the most part were superior to us but he was a bit too cautious. That mentality then negatively spread onto our players. I mean you can be risk aversive, play on the defense, and still be successful but then you have to have hope and belief - something we lacked IMO.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I think Zebina has a fair point, as most of you seem to think as well. It's not until Allegri's arrival our mental stength has increased. At least from my impression. I think Conte's very risk aversive approach in CL probably affected us for the worse. Conte did a lot of things really, really good and he was right that the other teams for the most part were superior to us but he was a bit too cautious. That mentality then negatively spread onto our players. I mean you can be risk aversive, play on the defense, and still be successful but then you have to have hope and belief - something we lacked IMO.
You sir are correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)