John Charles' 1958 medal for sale (2 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
An Italian league champion's medal awarded to former Leeds United legend John Charles is expected to fetch up to £10,000 at auction next month.
It goes under the hammer on June 16 at a sale of sporting memorabilia to be held at Bonhams in Chester.

Big John – never booked or sent off during his distinguished career and nicknamed The Gentle Giant – won the medal in the 1957-58 season, his first playing for Juventus after leaving Leeds United.

He was equally accomplished at centre half or centre forward and in the eight years following his 1949 debut scored 150 goals for United, including a record 42 in the 1953-54 season.

John enjoyed a highly successful career in Italy where he won three championship medals, was twice victorious in the Italian cup and named player of the year in 1958.

John, who died in 2004, is still revered in Italy and in 1997 was voted the greatest foreign player ever in Serie A – Italy's top league.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/Leeds-United-legend39s-medals-for.6298471.jp

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
One of my biggest heroes, being Juventino and knowing his part of the world so well with family etc. If I had the money I would buy it and give it to the club museum, I hope a Juve fan does rather than a private collector, there are a lot of Leeds fans who hold him at iconic status as well.

May 22, 2007
One of my biggest heroes, being Juventino and knowing his part of the world so well with family etc. If I had the money I would buy it and give it to the club museum, I hope a Juve fan does rather than a private collector, there are a lot of Leeds fans who hold him at iconic status as well.
I was about to say the same about giving it to the club museum for the new stadium. If it's going for ~10k, I hope the club buys it, they pay that much monthly in fines so it will just be routine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)