Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
ffs

dybala was nobody and became a global star under allegri
kean was nobody and now he's an internationally recognised talent

our midfield and defense needs fixing, not allegri. not hard to realise.
No, Allegri definitely needs fixing. We have an amazing attack but literally zero ideas. In the last two CL matches we had to whip the ball in and hope Ronaldo could get his head to it. We barely shoot anymore, we are far from fluid and yes I agree we have holes behind the offense but that doesn't take the blame that our offense literally stopped scoring goals. Mario, Bernie, Dybala, Costa, Cuads...I can't remember the last goal that wasn't Ronaldo. If it wasn't for Kean suddenly exploding I'm still not sure any one of them would have scored.

That's an issue. Just as our defense conceding and our midfield inability to bring ball forward is an issue, so is our strikingly ineffective offense. That's on Max. 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

Take ALL of Ronaldos shots out of the stats...I wonder how many shots we actually have compared to the other team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
I wonder if people actually watch those players. He is a downgrde on Dybala. He was playing in the left yesterday is not able to defend. So he can not play as winger or midfielder in the highest level. He would be a false 9/ss like Dybala but worse. Whats the point?

Dude, orders at the club are to forget about others competitions other than the league. They players assumed it even after the 1st leg game. The coach changed key positions and players to avoid going through so he doesn't have to play 2 more matches against Chelsea to not perform a shitshow due to rotating the team and the system. That would hinder his aspirations to return to EPL.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
No, Allegri definitely needs fixing. We have an amazing attack but literally zero ideas. In the last two CL matches we had to whip the ball in and hope Ronaldo could get his head to it. We barely shoot anymore, we are far from fluid and yes I agree we have holes behind the offense but that doesn't take the blame that our offense literally stopped scoring goals. Mario, Bernie, Dybala, Costa, Cuads...I can't remember the last goal that wasn't Ronaldo. If it wasn't for Kean suddenly exploding I'm still not sure any one of them would have scored.

That's an issue. Just as our defense conceding and our midfield inability to bring ball forward is an issue, so is our strikingly ineffective offense. That's on Max. 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

Take ALL of Ronaldos shots out of the stats...I wonder how many shots we actually have compared to the other team.
What are you talking about? So having Ronaldo in the squad it is our mistake that w are trying to get the best out of him? We posses no threat through the middle of the field with players like Pjanic, Emre, Matuidi or Bentancur so it is rather logical to create from the wings with Cancelo, Berna, Costa, Cuadrado don't you think?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What are you talking about? So having Ronaldo in the squad it is our mistake that w are trying to get the best out of him? We posses no threat through the middle of the field with players like Pjanic, Emre, Matuidi or Bentancur so it is rather logical to create from the wings with Cancelo, Berna, Costa, Cuadrado don't you think?
I'm saying if you take out Ronaldo and everything he adds offensively, we for some reason, despite a large attacking department, run out of ideas. By running out of ideas, we hardly create chances for ourselves to shoot (Bernie seems to take the most shots after Ronaldo).

Sandro can barely cross anymore, Cancelo's last assist I can recall was that little lob over the defense to Ronaldo...again, take Ronaldo out of the equation. It should be as difficult for us as it is to get into the box and work ourselves into nice clear cut chances on goal.

- - - Updated - - -

You know when the last time a Juventus attacker that scored an open field (non-PK) goal whose name is NOT Ronaldo or Kean?

On February 24th, 2019 it was Dybala in the 0-1 win at Bologna...that means in nearly 12 matches, the likes of Dybala, Mario, Cuadrado, Costa, and Bernideschi could not find the back of the net ALL OF THEM in nearly 2 months.

In fact, again, take out Ronaldo and Kean's sudden explosion, our midfield and defense has been picking up (barely) the slack yet its our midfields fault our offense isn't scoring? Nah. That could be part of the blame, but our offense struggles to create in the box.

Last edited:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I'm saying if you take out Ronaldo and everything he adds offensively, we for some reason, despite a large attacking department, run out of ideas. By running out of ideas, we hardly create chances for ourselves to shoot (Bernie seems to take the most shots after Ronaldo).

Sandro can barely cross anymore, Cancelo's last assist I can recall was that little lob over the defense to Ronaldo...again, take Ronaldo out of the equation. It should be as difficult for us as it is to get into the box and work ourselves into nice clear cut chances on goal.

- - - Updated - - -

You know when the last time a Juventus attacker that scored an open field (non-PK) goal whose name is NOT Ronaldo or Kean?

On February 24th, 2019 it was Dybala in the 0-1 win at Bologna...that means in nearly 12 matches, the likes of Dybala, Mario, Cuadrado, Costa, and Bernideschi could not find the back of the net ALL OF THEM in nearly 2 months.

In fact, again, take out Ronaldo and Kean's sudden explosion, our midfield and defense has been picking up (barely) the slack yet its our midfields fault our offense isn't scoring? Nah. That could be part of the blame, but our offense struggles to create in the box.
This is a sad reality of playing with Ronaldo, you're getting dependent on him. Also, it's not that strange seeing his reaction when the ball is not played to him. Maybe we need to learn how to play with him, I don't know. However, on the contrary it has to be said that Costa and Cuadrado both have been uninvolved throughout the season, Mandzukic was scoring before he started to play with an injury, Dybala and Berna were both unconvincing this year, Cancelo was just ordinary after the injury and so on. CR had to take the responsibility and he did.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This is a sad reality of playing with Ronaldo, you're getting dependent on him. Also, it's not that strange seeing his reaction when the ball is not played to him. Maybe we need to learn how to play with him, I don't know. However, on the contrary it has to be said that Costa and Cuadrado both have been uninvolved throughout the season, Mandzukic was scoring before he started to play with an injury, Dybala and Berna were both unconvincing this year, Cancelo was just ordinary after the injury and so on. CR had to take the responsibility and he did.
Word.

Seems strange though, with the firepower we have in attack and theoretical firepower we have from our LB/RB...we are extraordinarily average in attack. Crazy to me.

Mar 3, 2014
Word.

Seems strange though, with the firepower we have in attack and theoretical firepower we have from our LB/RB...we are extraordinarily average in attack. Crazy to me.
We should have kept Higuain. He would help helped boatloads through our injury. He's much better at breaking a press than Mandzukic and much more mobile.
Ronaldo-Higuain-Bernardeschi would have been a good combination vs. Ajax.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We should have kept Higuain. He would help helped boatloads through our injury. He's much better at breaking a press than Mandzukic and much more mobile.
Ronaldo-Higuain-Bernardeschi would have been a good combination vs. Ajax.
Didn't Ronaldo/Higuain not work out so well in RM?

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
It's difficult to rate players in Portugal imo. Just like with the Eredivisie over here, the general quality outside the top 3 of the league is quite low compared to the rest. I still remember Renato Sanches bossing the league and would be the big deal.. couldn't even break into some mediocre EPL clubs starting 11.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
No way we will go after him ....120m for luxury player ....like someone said ....we were in the in the final with Morata & Tevez ...but we had a world class midfield
I think this year we will be focused solely to improve the midfield & defense ... We have Ronaldo , I think the strategy of our project is to get that damn CL ASAP ....I don't think Felix fits the project ...but of course opportunities to buy then straight loan ...will be welcomed ...especially Tonali or Zenilo ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)