Joao Felix - AM/SS - Benfica (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
Its not about the size of the country its about the pedigree..
Until he goes to one of the top leagues he will continue to be unproven.
Dont get me wrong - I`d love us to sign him as I do think he is the real deal but 120M for a player outside the top 4 leagues or even 5 leagues (added the French league) is way too much + add the fact he only played a small amount of games.

If we do pay the clause of 120M I wont be angry.. I wouldnt think it is a smart thing to do money wise but I`ll be very happy that we got the player.

Anyway selling Dybala is a must now unless we change the system to suit him better and this is regardless of Joao Felix

- - - Updated - - -

1. If we get him it has nothing to do with what we intend to do with the midfield as you could see it as a swap between Dybala and Felix..
2. If we pay such a sum it means we say we believe in him being the next big thing

J.Felix in means Dybala out and honestly - Unless we change something to suit him better it makes no sense keeping Dybala anyway..

Nothing against the frog league but the Portuguese league is more competitive than PSG vs the peasants. Also PSG has got no history like Benfica, Porto or even Sporting and we have bigger competitive matches with derbies and clássicos between them. Some years ago there was Jardim's Monaco but that was it. The only league I see on top of this one and below the top 4 is the Dutch league, they also play a very interesting style of football with very open games and rather have results like 4-3 than 1-0.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Nothing against the frog league but the Portuguese league is more competitive than PSG vs the peasants. Also PSG has got no history like Benfica, Porto or even Sporting and we have bigger competitive matches with derbies and clássicos between them. Some years ago there was Jardim's Monaco but that was it. The only league I see on top of this one and below the top 4 is the Dutch league, they also play a very interesting style of football with very open games and rather have results like 4-3 than 1-0.
Portuguese > Dutch imo, not historically but in the last 20 or so years. And while you guys have 2 "top teams" vs only one from France, they have more of the tier 2 teams like Lyon, Lille, Marseille, St Etienne, so id give them the edge at that 5th spot behind BL currently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)