João Cancelo (10 Viewers)

JuvXOXO

May 25, 2019
One of the last players I would sell. The chances of us winning the Champions League by playing possession football are extremely slim given that many other teams are better than us at it.

Our best hope is to exploit the wings with players like Cancelo, Sandro, and Costa to set up Ronaldo who is unmatched in his ability to score off crosses. If we sell Cancelo and potentially Costa this summer, then we've basically given up all our edge on the wings.

People say that relying on crosses is "wasting Ronaldo" but look at his knockout stage goals in his final years at Madrid and the majority are from crosses.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
You need a mix of ways to goal. His crosses are invaluable. If he's so hopeless at full-back, why not just push him up the wing like was done with Bale? He's got all the characteristics of a great winger.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
He complements Ronaldo and if we're set to build a team around the GOAT then selling cancel makes no sense. I can only assume the incoming managers had some say on it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
I like him a lot and his lack of defensive skills can be solved. Look at someone like Kimmich or Marcelo, they couldn't defend but learned that over time.

Rumour has it, we're selling him due to FFP. https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/report-juve-and-man-city-agree-fee-for-cancelo-32498

Are we in financial trouble?
that's bullshit.
There are a lot of players that makes more sense to sell if it was for FFP.
Selling Cancelo for 50m will bring us 20m.
Getting a replacement would cost us at least 30m.
So what's the point?
It makes more sense to sell Sandro for 40-45m than Cancelo for 50 or 60.
Sandro is a 0 on our books after 4years. Meaning full value gain over his sale.

But again in the past 2 years Juve made pretty weird moves.
I'd still like to see Juventus revenue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)