João Cancelo (5 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think he is wasted at RB. I said since we acquired him that I don't know how he made it through so many levels and was considered a defender. Whether it is dribbling skill or attacking smart or just willingness and athleticism to run, he gets into extremely dangerous positions.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think he should still be RB or maybe CM for the most part as we have more attackers than we have room for and he is versatile enough to play in other positions. With him starting at RB it would have been a lot hard for Lazio to press us so aggressively as they did in the first half.

Jul 13, 2010
I'd like us trying out 352 with him more often. maybe 3412 or something. We don't play that because we are solid on the wings, but this is an option

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think he is wasted at RB. I said since we acquired him that I don't know how he made it through so many levels and was considered a defender. Whether it is dribbling skill or attacking smart or just willingness and athleticism to run, he gets into extremely dangerous positions.
Lazio was like butter to his runs

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
He is not, our fullbacks have the ball way more than our wingers.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Yep. And I would much rather have him running at defenders than receive the ball in crowded areas like wingers do to often
Exactly, having him as a winger is a big waste. It is so unique to have a fullback who can dribble like a winger and who is decent on defense as well. Just notice how much time him and Alex Sandro usually get with the ball.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Without a doubt the worst game he has played for us. Shockingly bad. Even after the goal he cause he kept passing across our open goal under pressure and messing up every defensive move.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Atalanta's best offensive player tonight. Managed to accurately pass to most of their players.

Should simplify things around our box bc Ive seen him pulling similar crap in some of the previous games. Lesson hopefully learned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)