João Cancelo (12 Viewers)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Love watching this guy. Such a natural dribbler of the ball. Gets himself out of tight situations simply by gliding past his opponent and with considerable ease. Top signing.
This is what's needed to release pressure against big teams, like what Dani Alves did in 16/17 imo... I am hoping for similar contribution from Cancelo in CL matches.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
He's to Ronaldo what Marcelo was in real Madrid.

Already I count 3 goals that ronaldo scored directly as an assist from him or through a play or shot on goal he made.

Could be more but not sure.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
Why were you against it? Genuinely curious. The inter factor? He was great for them, especially in the second half of the season.
Yeh he was, but inter fans always praised his offensive game and was never sold on him defensively.I didnt watch him enough to make a judgment, also the money factor but it seems like a bargain now.

Sry for late reply :p

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Buy a CM in January or play this guy there, seriously.

I commented in the live thread, but that ending 3 v 2 where both Bentancur and Matuidi wanted absolutely no part of the ball, was so shocking.

If you watch Mario's goal you can see Cancelo *not* take the first easy pass to Ronaldo that would have put him in a bad spot, away from goal. Instead he actually drives the ball into the defence to suck 2 defenders and then passes. Look how much time Ronaldo then had to setup his next move.

We need a CM with these qualities.

Play him at CM and Cuadrado at RB vs. some Italian minnow teams and test it out or buy a fucking CM.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He needs to be a higher priority. Play more midfielders so he can play higher up with proper cover. Or just play him higher up.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Unbelievable performance. Yeah a couple of dodgy moments defensively (that “clearing” header straight to an Inter player in particular) but still much improved from his inter days. Not much else to say about him going forward, he is absolutely fantastic. Skinned Asamoah beautifully in the first half and laid on an inch perfect assist for the match winning goal. Immense player and so far our signing of the summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)