Jazzzzzzz (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
i know i know, you're thinking Jazz? :wth: DJ? likes Jazz? :wth:
My new found love is Jazz music. I love it. :cool:

my absolut favs ATM:
Russ Freeman & Chaqulco's album - From the Redwoods to the Rockies
that album is just amazing. I listen to it when i fell a bit tired and when travelling. very..ermm..soothing :thumb: brilliant!
5 :star:s/5

Boney James - Sweet Thing
another incredible album. Terrific jazz music at it's best. Probably not as good as Freeman & Chaqulco's but still amazing. Incredibly soothing and relaxing. Another one for the road!
4.5 :star:s

i also have Keiko Matsui's Full Moon and the Shrine
some great tracks on it
4 :star:s

i also enjoy some of Kenny G's work (those without any words/lyrics). he's great with tha sax :cool:

Ricky Peterson - It's alright. Great track this! :cool: this one is a single song. terribly relaxing.

i normally hear jazz music when i go on long trips and stuff along with my rock and techno CDs, and when im tired and lonely.

Do you like Jazz? :strong: :wth:

Buy on AliExpress.com

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++
i know i know, you're thinking Jazz? :wth: DJ? likes Jazz? :wth:
That's exactly what I thought after reading the title of thread and name of person who added it :howler::D

I thought I know a bit about jazz, but apparently I dont, cause I dont know any of those you mentioned :stress:

I know only Kenny G... but I wouldnt associate him with jazz...
Mbah! :confused:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Dude, as a jazz enthusiast, let me say this, and allow me to apologize in advance for the all caps that are coming up;

KENNY G IS NOT JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I've picked myself up off of the floor.

If you want great jazz, here's five names that you need to know

Miles Davis

John Coltrane

Thelonius Monk

Dave Brubeck

Charlie Parker

If you are interested in listening to a pop/rock group who was very popular in the 70's and 80's, and made a comeback, in a big way, again recently, is Steely Dan.

Great jazz influenced songs, very smart and satirical lyrics, and some great grooves with excellent musicianship.

In fact, if you're a big hip-hop fan, quite a few artists have sampled their songs.

But please, please, don't put Kenny G and Jazz in the same sentence.

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    okay i wont put them in the same sentence :)

Serge, what kinda jazz those people you mention play?
    i'm kinda 'new' in this business, but i like the kinda slow relaxing smooth jazz. Download some of the stuff i wrote up there and you'll know what i like. And i'm not really into trumpet jazz :notlist:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Deej, if you're looking for some of the newer jazz sounds, then you may want to try people like branford marsailis, Lee ritenour, who is a jazz guitarist, Pat metheney and Boney james are really good as well.

Some jazz groups to listen to are Spyro Gyra and Tower of Power

The people I mentioned earlier are from the 50's and 60's, and yes it is horn based, but it's also the fundamentals of the Jazz Era, the golden age, if you will, when these guys were not only popular in their field, but had nationwide acceptance, because the advances that they had made were considered revolutionary,, especially Davis and Coltrane. So yes, it is "trumpet jazz" but it's also essential listening if you are really interested in listening to jazz, because those 5 guys are part of the all-time greats.

It's like saying, "OK, I really like rock music and want to listen to it, but I don't want to listen to the Beatles, Rolling Stones, or Elvis"

hope this helps

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    im not going mainstream :stuckup: i dunno why, just me. i dont dig Trumpet jazz. But i will check them out (only becoz i have broadband ;))

btw, maybe this isnt jazz or anything, but do you know who's who in the sax and clarinet. anything worth downloading?

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    I prefer Blues more. Especially, Louis Armstrong actually.
    I've played saxophone for some years and that's where I got most of my inspiration from.

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    uuuuuu straitjacket! yay! :cheesy: me like straightjacket! :extatic:

wait! this is the devil's plans! :eek: and and and you must be the....the Cooooookie monster :dazed: no!!!!!!!! help me teletubbies :scared: rescue me from this hell!!! :helppppp!:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    *there is no help for this poor soul* :sigh:

Dont worry, there are no devils, cookie monsters, and your friends teletubies are waiting in ambulance, just be calm and go visit your friends :)

*guys, keep him strongly* :groan:

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    I love Jazz. :)

It's a shame I found this topic after USA Juventini said all the best names, but Miles Davis and John Coltrane are musical Gods. Simply superb. There's a reason why anyone who knows Jazz will recommend them.

I also like some weird free-Jazz, Avan't Garde Jazz and Fusion Jazz, but I really can't name any names there, I'll listen to anything good.

You should try catching some live Jazz, that's also wonderful. I once went to a small Jazz club in Paris, it was spectacular.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Jazz clubs are great.

They just opened one up here in Providence, I haven't had a chance to go yet, but I will.

All the little amenities that you would associate with a Jazz Club.

Plush love-seats, cigar room, 4 piece band, low lighting.

You name it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)