Javier Mascherano - CB/DM - Barcelona (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
Judging by that MD article, he might be coming. He wants to finish the high part of his career playing his natural position at a top club, and doesnt want to risk going to jail in Spain, which if he has another run in with the law no matter how small, he will. According to the article.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Maybe Mascherano is done playing defender and thats why he wants to leave?
Maybe,those were the reports for his desire to leave actually...

-new adventure in a competitive team
-to play more as a DM

- - - Updated - - -

I think Barca won't make it hard on Mascherano if he really wants to leave.
He gave them wonderful years,and if he wants to go they'll let him nd not force him to stay lol.
Hopefully we'll find an agreement with them,15-20M would be good deal.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Anyone post this from last year?
Now Tuttosport is running an interview with Gustavo Mascardi, claimed to be the Argentine’s intermediary in Italy, who says the 31-year-old would like to move to Serie A.

“Mascherano would like an experience with a big Italian club,” Mascardi told the newspaper.

“In recent weeks I’ve talked with Mascherano and [Walter] Tamer, one of this agents. They asked me to try and find a big Serie A team, because Javier would like to end his European career by winning with an Italian club.

“There aren’t any problems with Barcelona, he’s a leader there. It’s simply that Mascherano, as with many Argentines his age, grew up following the Italian League, and after playing in England and winning everything in Spain, he’d be fascinated by an adventure in Italy.

“It’s not a money thing, he’s already rejected offers from the rich teams in the Premier League and Ligue 1.

“Javier has a great relationship with Barcelona’s chairman, so he’s confident that if he gets an important offer from Serie A he wouldn’t be held back since he’s given his all to Barça.

“If not, he’ll continue to fight as always for Barça.”

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
People are throwing 20-25m figures and forgeting that he's 32 years old. If Javier really wants to leave after winning many titles, then he'll leave for very little. Only PSG/City would throw 20m on 32 year old.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I really like Masch a lot and hope we bring him in, he's so Juve style... but anything that exceeds 12-14m at max is a waste.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Mascherano as a DM would be an absolute dream.

But I don't believe one bit the guy is coming. He still has 2 years of contract. They are probably using us to get him a fat renewal right now, instead of waiting till he's 34 when his salary would drop a lot. His last fat contract.

And we'd have to pay Barcelona.

Only way we could get him for a reasonable fee, for at most 20M divided in at least 3 installments, would be giving them preference for Dybala, which would be a huge mistake and I don't believe Marotta would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)