Javier Mascherano - CB/DM - Barcelona (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I would prefer marchi as a regista. He has never been that decisive as a b2b
You mean in our undefeated first scudetto when he had 10 goals-4 assists?

Or the next season when he had 8 goals-9 assists?

His fantastically timed runs into the box scoring and assisting goals as a B2B were a huge part of our success those 2 years.

Don't be silly, my Panamanian friend! :p

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009

His fantastically timed runs into the box scoring and assisting goals as a B2B were a huge part of our success those 2 years.

:tup:

Tell them.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Those are calls from a long time past. He has never been able to replicate that season performance as a B2b. It was his exception.

After that season and the emergence of Pogba, he started his ghostisio performances and was not as good. To the point that he was the focus of a summer drama because of pogba rise.

Seasons later when he started to play as regista, he rediscovered his good performances and started being decisive again.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Those are calls from a long time past. He has never been able to replicate that season performance as a B2b. It was his exception.

After that season and the emergence of Pogba, he started his ghostisio performances and was not as good. To the point that he was the focus of a summer drama because of pogba rise.

Seasons later when he started to play as regista, he rediscovered his good performances and started being decisive again.
It was 2 seasons though. 11-12 and 12-13. And I agree with you. What happened imo is a combination of things. Vidal getting more and more involved in attack meant Marchisio was made more and more defensively responsible and given less freedom to go forward, and then Pogba's emergence as a superstar further reduced Marchisio as a B2B... And his emergence as a world class CDM/regista was the final nail in the coffin of his B2B career.

However, I think he could be an excellent B2B again if were to play there regularly again in the future. I doubt it becomes necessary as I doubt we sign Mascherano.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015

He wasn't that great but he was really far from being a ghost. We had the best MF in the world even when somes wanna think that It was a Team Tevez+10... Pirlo, Marchisio, Pogba and Vidal were great.. And Cheesio was one of our best player in that UCL Final as B2B. Agree Cheesio is a beast as dm but if we manage to get Masche I can't think in a solid season to no try Cheesio as B2B

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

14-15

Marchisio Pirlo Pogba
Vidal​

is how we mostly played and he had 3 goals 9 assists. was top 5 Juve players that season with Bonucci, Buffon, Pogba and Tevez

arc

Mar 11, 2004
It was 2 seasons though. 11-12 and 12-13. And I agree with you. What happened imo is a combination of things. Vidal getting more and more involved in attack meant Marchisio was made more and more defensively responsible and given less freedom to go forward, and then Pogba's emergence as a superstar further reduced Marchisio as a B2B... And his emergence as a world class CDM/regista was the final nail in the coffin of his B2B career.

However, I think he could be an excellent B2B again if were to play there regularly again in the future. I doubt it becomes necessary as I doubt we sign Mascherano.
Dont forget he will be coming back from an ACL injury. Playing as a regista will be better for his physique.

I think we need Mascherano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)