January Transfer Market (8 Viewers)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
i am always disappointed after january transfer market....

last year...we did the biggest stupidity ever in the J.T.M. :(

hope this year will be better!

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
I hope we use this year's January sensibly. It could make or mar the rest of our season (which I believe could be our greatest season in years.)

May 30, 2004
hmm lets see bring no1 ... buy an attacker but sell one too buy a midfielder if barca actually take tachinardi.... sell well iuliano leg rot ... umm birrindelli and ferrara is retiring newy ... maybe by a couple of young sub loving defenders...... and just hope trezeguet fills in da hole in attack big hole

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
If Capello would try 4-3-3, and if it works out, I could be satisfied with no new players in January.

Trezeguet Ibrahimovic
Del Piero
Nedved Emerson Camoranesi
Zambrotta Cannavaro Thuram Zebina
Buffon
(edit)
But if not, he's just a fool with a hat. :(

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
If Capello would try 4-3-3, and if it works out, I could be satisfied with no new players in January.

Del Piero Trezeguet Ibrahimovic
Buffon

i am sorry but that that formation is stupid... no coach in the world would play 433 in that setup.... to give u a clue how it should be played , see Chelsea

,,Robben..GUdjohnsen,,,Duff........

...LAmpard...Makelele..Tiago...

bridge,,,,Terry..calvalho...freira..

.................cech

notice that in 3 man midfield u need to have 3 solid central midfielfers, not natural wingers like camoranesi or Nedved...

and in three man attack, the traget man need to be flanked by to FAST wingers that are very able to DRIBBLE PAST OPPONENT.... both Del Piero and Zlatan are slow and never drible past any defener in Serie A this season...

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++

Del Piero Trezeguet Ibrahimovic
Buffon

Nah. We don't really have the players to play a 4-3-3. I mean, Ibrahimovic would be a great target man in such a set-up, but we'd need somebody to play on the right. Camo and Oliviera don't really have the goalscoring talent. If we had Miccoli, he would fit in there. And that midfield is far too offensive.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
I would like to play 4-4-2 with 2 creative DM like Emerson-Gerrard,Emerson-Maresca(maybe),Emerson-Pirlo and 2 pure wingers like Zambo-Joaquin,Zambo-Duff and so on.....and all-round striker like Mutu or Gila to partner Ibra in attack.
So you want to get rid of Nedved in the first 11? Or is he included in the 'so on' ?

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
January 2005

----------------Buffon-----------------------
Zebina-Thuram-Cannavaro-Zambrotta
Camoranesi-Emerson-Blasi-Nedved
--------Trezeguet-Ibrahimovic------------

June 2005 prediction

-------------------Buffon---------------------
MIGUEL-Thuram-Cannavaro-Zambrotta
----MASCHERANO-Emerson-Nedved----
-----------Ibrahimovic-MUTU--------------
----------------Trezeguet------------------

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
My favorite system of the past is Capello's 3-4-1-2 when he was at Roma. This system has a balanced attack and defense, and with the right players it can be highly successful.

Buffon

Zebina-Thuram-Cannavaro

Zambrotta-Emerson-Blasi-Jankulovski

Nedved

Trezeguet-Ibrahimovic

Maybe not the best players in all of the positions, but it might work. What I like about this system is that Nedved know has freedom behind the strikers, his most dangerous position. Zambro and Jankulovski would be the perfect players for the two wing spots, as they both would make darting runs up the flank while being sound defensive players. The only problem with this setup is that we would need a better defender at RB than Zebina.

Edit: This system was also used by Ancelotti in 2001. The problem behind that setup was that Carlo did not have the right players in the right positions.

van der Saar

Ferrara-Montero-Iuliano

Zambrotta-Tacchinardi-Davids-Pessotto

Zidane

Inzaghi-Del Piero

As you know the two forwards are not really "target men," as you need a strong, tall player in this setup because of the presence on the flanks. With this setup you can attack from pretty much all positions on the pitch, especially the flanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)