Jakub "Kuba" Blaszczykowski - Winger - Borussia Dortmund (4 Viewers)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
please not... if i remember the remarks of dortmund fans about him correctly they describe him to be elias clone.

not that they said "he is like elia" but they said "he dribbles too much and is clueless in possession". now these statements are perhaps one or two years old. the last season was his most prolific one with 6 goals and 10 assists. if he costs less then 10 million euro i'd get him, but thats it. still a gamble. add to this, that he is pretty much an unknown quantitiy defending wise.

oh god, just watched this. if you rated him only on this video you would need to send him to uzbekistan to have him play against people of his brain. in this video alone he loses the ball more than 50% the times he gets it. first there is an occasion where a team mate passes to him and he just stands there letting his marker get infront of him and get the ball, a second later same situation and this dud does not even learn from his mistakes, again does not make any steps towards the ball letting his marker get the better of him only being lucky that it is called for a foul. he get's dispossesed be dribbling at least 4 times in the video one time even because he fricking dribbled in his own half. he gets to shoot inside the penalty box and actually shots it 30 metres above goal.we might have ourself a new negative hi-score in footballing intelligence... and i thought elia was clueless.

Table of contents of the above video:

00:11 tries to trap ball, but fails to. ball goes out and he tries to claim the throw-in
00:15 plays it cluelessly volley over himself with no one being behind him and losing the ball in the opponents penalty box
00:18 gets the ball in the middle circle, gets dispossed because dribbling against two and is lucky that the ball gets deflected so a team mate can pick it up
00:28 gets dispossed because he has no clue where his marker is
00:32 now in the second attempt he gets the ball but gets thrown of easily again by the same marker
00:50 blasts the ball high when given the chance to shoot volley in the penalty box
01:55 dribbles against two people and is dispossessed, lucky that they opponent deflects the ball so another polish guy gets it
02:01 gets the ball at the opponents penalty box and is easily tackled
02:13 gets the ball from the opposing defender, but when he has it and has all the time in the world does a molinaroesque cross that goes straight out on goal line before even crossing the goal mouth
02:26 gets the ball, dribbles and gets dispossessed as the defender tackles it away from behind (reminds me of lazy balotelli)
02:34 gets the ball in the own half and tries to dribble past the half way line ... he gets exactly one metre into the opposing half and gets dispossessed again by a tackle

Buy on AliExpress.com

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
@v1rtu4l
There was a time when Kuba benched Kagawa due to his really good performances in Bundesliga. I think that comparisions with Elia are senseless and prejudical because they are two completely different players. Blaszczykowski has impressive tactical awareness, he is a fighter, he can score but prefers to assist. He is much more clinical and versatile in front of the goal than - for instance - Pepe. He wont be a huge star in Serie A, but he can do hard work on the right flank with better effect than enyone in our squad, except of Isla (if we gonna put him on the right wing in 433).

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
@v1rtu4l
There was a time when Kuba benched Kagawa due to his really good performances in Bundesliga. I think that comparisions with Elia are senseless and prejudical because they are two completely different players. Blaszczykowski has impressive tactical awareness, he is a fighter, he can score but prefers to assist. He is much more clinical and versatile in front of the goal than - for instance - Pepe. He wont be a huge star in Serie A, but he can do hard work on the right flank with better effect than enyone in our squad, except of Isla (if we gonna put him on the right wing in 433).
did you see the video ? it was against frickin greece. i call dibs on this player being clueless. it took me one game of marco motta (when everybody here was still fapping over him) to see that he is clueless and this is the same. if one player does not learn and does get dispossessed over and over again because he fails to understand that this is a sport where you can pass the ball to move it forward and not have to drag it slowly over the middle line all hope is lost. he is obviously not smart enough to make his own conclusions and adjust his play according to the game.

the video does totally debunk your alleged attributes like "tactical awareness". you seem to have your info more from football manager than from real life.
your kagawa remark is funny, since kagawa played 18 games (assisting once and scoring 8 goals) in his first season and 31 games (assisting 12 goals and scoring 13 by himself) in his second season. how you can even try to imply that kuba in any slot of time he was better than kagawa is beyond me. it speaks for himself why kagawa is moving to man utd while kuba is linked to lazio

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
Have you ever watched Bundesliga and Borussia? I think you havent. And funny is that you are trying to assess a player but you have'nt got authority to do that. You just watched video on youtube and stating you are know everything about Kuba :lol:

There was a time when Kagawa was playing crap and Klopp decided to make a changes in offence. Kuba was played right winger than instead of Goetze, who was moved to the centre. Kagawa was benched. This issue was resolved by Goetze injury later, but yes - Kuba was a really important puzzle this year. And if we are talking about tactical awareness, have you know that Blaszczykowski played right back sometimes in the past in Poland, and he was really impressive on that position? He was able to keep the line, he was good at marking and tackling as well. And if you like statistics so much...

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/44

Blaszczykowski: apps: 22 (7); goals: 6; assists: 9; rating: 7.27; time on the pitch: 1976/goal or assist every 131m.

Kagawa: apps: 29 (2); goals: 13; assist: 8; rating: 7.37; time on the pitch: 2413/goal or assist every 114m.

The point is: Kagawa is overrated, Kuba is underrated, and you know nothing.

OP
Riva'Bianconer8

Riva'Bianconer8

DellaJuveVictorious <3
May 23, 2010
  • Thread Starter #29
    Have you ever watched Bundesliga and Borussia? I think you havent. And funny is that you are trying to assess a player but you have'nt got authority to do that. You just watched video on youtube and stating you are know everything about Kuba :lol:

There was a time when Kagawa was playing crap and Klopp decided to make a changes in offence. Kuba was played right winger than instead of Goetze, who was moved to the centre. Kagawa was benched. This issue was resolved by Goetze injury later, but yes - Kuba was a really important puzzle this year. And if we are talking about tactical awareness, have you know that Blaszczykowski played right back sometimes in the past in Poland, and he was really impressive on that position? He was able to keep the line, he was good at marking and tackling as well. And if you like statistics so much...

Blaszczykowski: apps: 22 (7); goals: 6; assists: 9; rating: 7.27; time on the pitch: 1976/goal or assist every 131m.

Kagawa: apps: 29 (2); goals: 13; assist: 8; rating: 7.37; time on the pitch: 2413/goal or assist every 114m.

Ouch. Great post mate. I wasn't aware of those stats, but thanks to you, I am now. Thanks.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    i did not state that i know everything about kuba. you are clearly lacking english reading skills if you claim otherwise.
    i live in germany so yes i happen to see a bit of bundesliga here and there but i don't like it.
    my key assessment is, that he is not intelligent enough to adjust his play to the circumstances on the field. intelligence is something you either have or don't. it's not like one game you are smart and adjust and the other game you are stupid and run into a wall repeatedly. the video posted is strongly suggesting that kuba is not smart. the evidence is there for everyone to see. i wonder that you even dare to put up an argument here, when the video clearly shows that what you said is not true. he has no tactical awareness (or perhaps you define it in other ways than the rest of the world), because you see him lose the ball over and over again by not knowing where his opponent is and choosing to dribble when he better don't. this is not called tactical awareness.

in intelligent player does always have plan b (playing it safe and not losing the ball over and over again hurting the own team) while kuba obviously not even has a good plan a :p

now tell me the statistics for kuba the season before and the season before that ... oh i know why you don't because before last season he did not deliver anything special:
    2010/11 games: 29 goals:3 assists: 4
    2009/10 games: 32 goals:1 assists: 4

as of now he is nothing more than an amauri... one good season, before that moot after that remains to be seen.

so by your theory kuba has benched kagawa for a certain amount of time, because kuba was better.

let's see: kagawa is on his second season with dortmund, meaning only season 10/11 and 11/12 are the seasons where both played for dortmund.

lets put them against each other in those season

Season ---- kuba (games, goals, assist) --- kagawa (games, goals, assist)
    2010/11 --- 29 games, 3 goals, 4 assists --- 18 games, 8 goals, 1 assist
    2011/12 --- 29 games , 6 goals, 10 assists --- 31 games, 13 goals, 12 assists

since kuba did only play more games the season where kagawa initially joined dortmund, you can not really talk about kuba benching kagawa, when kagawa clearly was more prolific in any of those seasons regardless of playing only 18 games in his first season there.

just because you are a polish fanboy does not mean you gotta jerk off to him in this forum. put down your fanboy glasses and get real. this guy is clearly not juve material. i'd argue that he is inferior to pepe and that says enough, considering pepe is not the best in decision making himself.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008

ive seen some dortmund games and he has always impressed and i remember saying to myself 'man if only pepe can be this way'...i didnt know the stats but im not surprised that they are that decent just by seeing how he plays and how effective he can...conte will fap at these kind of players..especially since he isnt a big name..

---------- Post added 17.06.2012 at 20:48 ----------

whats the sense of going way back into the past 2/3 seasons ago? players get better man..look at recent form...ever heard of improvement as a player?

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    It's just funny that you are judging a player on the basis of that one video. My advice: just watch some Borussia games and than write. Youtube lies :lol:
    how does youtube lie ? of course it is not enough to know everything about a player, but what do you want to base your decision to buy him or not on ? if he can play as bad as he did there, than chances are he does with us as well.

if you are ok with a player constantly loosing the ball because he is too stupid to frickin pass the ball in the own half, then this is your picture of football. no problem with that, but a player at this age should not lose the ball that often because of amateur mistakes. i really can not recall any player that played for juventus that lost the ball this often in such short amount of time. in juventus we usually do not even let those people play if they clearly are out of their depth.

my take on this is that we do not need a player at juve who clearly looked out of depth playing against fricking greece.

having a liability like him play for us would totally kill us. you can play possession based game with someone who constantly chooses to dribble and loses the ball.

here your best-of-"how to be tactical aware"
    losing the ball in the middle circle
    http://vimeo.com/43965326#t=18
    no clue where the marker is
    http://vimeo.com/43965326#t=27
    tries to shoot mars men from the penalty box
    http://vimeo.com/43965326#t=50
    tries to dribble with his head through the wall (2 opponents)
    http://vimeo.com/43965326#t=115
    no clue how to trap a ball and easily gets dispossessed/tackled
    http://vimeo.com/43965326#t=122
    pulling a balotelli (getting tackled because dribbling so slow that someone from behind tackles the ball away)
    http://vimeo.com/43965326#t=146
    dribbling in the own half into two opponents
    http://vimeo.com/43965326#t=155

if you fail to see how clueless this guy is, then i rest my case.
    perhaps kuba has suffered some kind of brain damage falling on his head too hard or something, but the latest indication does show him to be clueless. i don't care for his club form, since you simply do not play like that... class is permanent, form is not.

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
    @v1rtu4l
    If you are going to take the measure of Kuba on the basis of that one video it's your choice. And I have the right to disagree with this type of assessment. To be honest I don't know what I should write to convince you that Blaszczykowski is a really good player and can be an upgrade over Pepe. As I said Kuba is not a beast, he will not be the star of entire league, but definitely he will work hard on that right wing. And if you check that source I posted above again and review a matter properly you should see that his pass accuracy from last season is on the same level as Goetze (77,4 to 78,4). So your argument about loosing ball constantly is just inappropriate to facts.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    i am not arguing with you about last season or the statistics for his passing accuracy.

the simple point is that i strongly believe if he plays so bad against greece he is a ticking time bomb if he'd ever play for us.

we did blast players for doing stupid stuff much less often per game. just think of melos back heel at our penalty box. melo did this perhaps a maximum twice a game, while kuba just showed that he is capable of totally losing it and making many errors in one game.

we said pepe is clueless (even before contes arrival) but still kuba outshined him in a very negative way in only one game. the sheer posibility of kuba having an off game like this tells me that we can not afford a player like this.

not because his statistics give him a bad accuracy, but even when he has 100% passing accuracy, there will be that one odd game which he will totally lose us by being stubborn and losing the ball again and again and at juve we can not afford that.

Kian

Jul 22, 2011
    I watched every single Dortmund game the past two seasons.. Kuba being clinical? Kuba being tactically aware? Oh boy.. Please DO NOT sign this guy. Not that he is a bad player, he has been on a pretty nice run as of lately, but he is far from being a class player. We wanted champions, reinforcements. You can really compare him to Pepe, he would not be an upgrade. He is neither a great dribbler nor a great passer. He can do both to a certain extent obviously but he is just as limited as Pepe is. And he is definitely not a good finisher. Yes i have seen his goal for Poland but he does not do this kind of stuff regularly. Put Pepe in that Dortmund team with all the support (especially pisczek right behind him) and he would actually rack up better numbers than Kuba. Don't let the numbers or the Euros fool you. For what he would bring to the team he would be too expensive. I think our RW acquisition should be someone who definitely benches Pepe, not one who gets benched by Pepe. And for those who want to laugh a little..

They almost conceded the equaliser in injury time..

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
    I haven't seen this guy at all, other than the Euros, can't say much about him one way or the other.

But at this point I fail to see how we can afford to purchase a dedicated RWF, when we still need a top CF, and another defender - preferably two. We need to focus on quality.

Especially when we're probably going to play a fair bit of 3-5-2, and Pepe, Giovinco, and even Isla can play RWF in the 4-3-3. None are ideal for that spot, but I think Conte is intending to fill that role by committee. I guess we'll see.

Udinese boys are roughly 30M, Leali 5M, Seba 10-12M, Verratti sounds like at least 5M in cash - maybe more - plus co-owns on a player or two... then add 7-8M for Caceres' option, sounds like 4M or so for the other half of Giacc...

Money don't grow on trees, y'all. Sure, player sales will help, and payments are in installments, but based upon those guesstimates we'll be committed to a bit more than 60M already. Add a top CF and one defender, and we're probably in that 100M ballpark.

That's a ton of cash.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
    he has had a tough childhood
    when he was 11 his father killed his mother and was sent to jail, he died I believe a couple of months ago

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
    He is the best Borussia player this season alongside Reus: http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/44

6 games, 3 goals, 3 assists. Too bad he is injured at the moment. Anyway, I can dedicate these stats to this german prejudiced pundit, who used to assess Kuba as a player watching YouTube compilations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)