Jaap Stam Quits! (6 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
great no nonsense defender and he did it with class. It was a big shock when i read it, but it was time i guess.

Loved the picture from goal.com

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
One of the very few Dutch defenders of recent years who could actually defend.
Hmm thats only half true , the national sides are one of the few countrys who have the least goals against them the last couple of years.....

On-topic: Shame too see you go Jaap,You was one of the ajax highlights last 2 seasons.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Hmm thats only half true , the national sides are one of the few countrys who have the least goals against them the last couple of years......
No it's completely true actually. Which good(and I mean top level) defenders have we produced in recent years, besides Stam?

This is more due to their brilliant ball retention than their defensive capabilities.
:lol: In '74 maybe.

Anyway :tup: Jaap

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Respect to the man indeed. His kind of football players - the ones that can't do a whole lot with the ball, but live on their physique and their winning mentality - I normally despise. But I gotta give credit to Jaap Stam. The word 'rock' comes to mind and describes him better than any other player.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Jaap Stam is one of the top stoppers in the past decade - no doubt. Not quite at the level of Paolo Maldini, Nesta, Cannavaro or Roberto Ayala, but certainly still up there. Respect to Jaap.

No it's completely true actually. Which good(and I mean top level) defenders have we produced in recent years, besides Stam?
Frank de Boer? :p

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Stam has brought quality wherever he's gone. He's without a doubt one of the most outstanding centrebacks I've seen in the current generation of defenders, and he fits the mould of defenders I happen to admire; imposing, uncompromising, courageous and an astute mind for the game. He possessed it all, and I'm sad to see him go, even if he is at the twilight of his career.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
And Ferguson knows he should not have sold Jaap just for that, the guy should just have brushed his teeth & gotten on with it. Even if they didnt like each other, they should have both been proffesional enough to do what was best for Manchester. Same as when we bombed Davids, Lippi took it way to personally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)