J Stadium/Allianz (6 Viewers)

Jul 1, 2010
Great choreography, really have to hand it to those fans, don't know why more teams don't do this kind of thing on a regular basis, certainly puts English fans to shame that's for sure.

It's probably the best facility treq with the most modern amenities, but have you been to San Siro? I know it's falling apart, has poor facilities/access and isn't often that full but I still think it's a fantastic experience and just so imposing. I guess it's opinion and having not visited the Juventus stadium yet I can't really compare however I prefer San Siro to any major stadium I've visited (Nou Camp, Bernabeu, Old Trafford, Emirates, Anfield).
I've never been to San Siro but isn't it getting a small overhaul this summer? I've read somewhere(can't remember where) that the barriers will be removed and the stands will be extended closet to the pitch.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's probably the best facility treq with the most modern amenities, but have you been to San Siro? I know it's falling apart, has poor facilities/access and isn't often that full but I still think it's a fantastic experience and just so imposing.
Didn't think San Siro was in that bad a shape when I was there.

Don't really get the fuss about amenities around stadia.

Giova21

luca6permi#1
Dec 20, 2011
Where did you sit? Some areas are better than others, 2nd tier access and stuff is totally fine but the first tier was poor, narrow staircases etc, although the access to the third tier is brilliant up the spiral walkways. Just compared to modern stadiums it's a bit dated but I forgive all that for the experience itself.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Where did you sit? Some areas are better than others, 2nd tier access and stuff is totally fine but the first tier was poor, narrow staircases etc, although the access to the third tier is brilliant up the spiral walkways. Just compared to modern stadiums it's a bit dated but I forgive all that for the experience itself.
Second tier, a bit along from the Press area:

Attachments

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
But folk always moan about the Olimpico in Rome, and I've always thought it was alright when I've been there.

I was fairly underwhelmed by the facilities at Old Trafford and the Allianz Arena, even if the Allianz is a cool ground (I was in the away end there, so may not have seen the nicer bits of it).

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I was in the Main Stand, about halfway between the halfway line and the away section.

It wasn't a dive, but I certainly wasn't impressed by it.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The place looked like it hadn't even had a lick of paint for about 35 years, although they did have a huge servery area with nice signs and machines to take your money off you.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I always get distracted, when watching football outside Scotland, by the novelty of being able to buy beer in the ground.

Wonder if they'd allow alcohol back in grounds if the Huns ceased to exist...

Giova21

luca6permi#1
Dec 20, 2011
I always get distracted, when watching football outside Scotland, by the novelty of being able to buy beer in the ground.

Wonder if they'd allow alcohol back in grounds if the Huns ceased to exist...
I think the UK is too health and safety-savvy to let that happen regardless of Rangers' plight.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Do you guys have any high resolution pictures of the stadium last night without any blog logos (like the ones Tommy posted) for wallpapers?

Aug 1, 2003
For some reason of all stadiums I'd like to visit (other than ours) is the Nou Camp. Always found it majestic somehow, on the telly at least (ah Zalayeta against Barca, random memory coming up :lol: ) I was at the press area at Old Trafford for our CL final, wasn't thoroughly impressed by it either.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
For some reason of all stadiums I'd like to visit (other than ours) is the Nou Camp. Always found it majestic somehow, on the telly at least (ah Zalayeta against Barca, random memory coming up :lol: ) I was at the press area at Old Trafford for our CL final, wasn't thoroughly impressed by it either.
I know a girl playing volley in Barcelona, she says it's fucking boring even when the game is sold out; 15.000 spectators in Brøndby is much funnier :).
I've been there once, but only on a tour.

Giova21

luca6permi#1
Dec 20, 2011
It's just Scotland that doesn't allow it. Can get drink at English games.

Drinking in Scottish ground was banned because of this:

Christ! In stadiums here I've been in there's no drinking allowed... Emirates, Anfield, McAlpine, Hillsborough (that one's understandable) so perhaps it's just not a league-wide rule like in Scotland?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)