J Stadium/Allianz (113 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Considering how many drunk guys will be squeezing through her doors on weekend nights, I think slut is a more appropriate term.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
On the note of voting for 1 out of the 50 candidates.

I thought it would be worthwhile to highlight some of the forgotten players and should be big contenders amongst that list. I saw a bunch names as cannavaro, zambrotta, thuram and davids, being thrown but IMO juventus is much more than that and if you dont know the past, then find out. So with a bit of research here are my candidates IMO that should be well ahead of the names I already mentioned:

Luigi Bertolini
Position: Midfielder
Juventus: 1931-37 138 Apps (5 goals)
Honours: 4 Scudetti
World Cup Winner
Brief Stint as a Juventus Manager (1951)

Massimo Bonini
Juventus: 1981-1988 192 Apps (5 goals)
Honours: 3 Scudetti, 1 Coppa Italia, 1 European Champion Clubs Cup, 1 Cup Winners cup, 1 European Super Cup, 1 Intercontinental Cup.

Ernesto Castano
Position: Defender
Juventus: 1958-1970 265 Appearances
Honours 3 Scudetti, 3 Coppa Italias
Italian International

Federico Munerati
Position: Attacker
Juventus: 1922-1933 251 Apps (111 goals)
Position Number 10 in Juve all time top goal scorers and brief stint as Juventus Manager (1941)

Karl Aage Præst
Juventus: 1949-1956 232 Apps (51 goals)
Honours: 2 Scudetti
Danish International

Gino Stacchini
Juventus: 1955-1967 236 Apps (44 goals)
Honours: 4 Scudetti, 3 Coppa Italia

Mario Varglien
Juventus: 1927-1942 353 Apps (17 goals)
Honours: 5 Scudetti, 2 Coppa Italia, World Cup Winner
Also Former Juve Captain (1938-1942)

Giovanni Varglien
Postion: Midfield
Juventus: 1929-1947 375 Apps (36 goals)
Honours: 5 Scudetti, 2 Coppa Italia

Now I know, ive never seen these players and some of these players come from an era where it would be difficult to appreciate what they have done, but for those who prefer an alternative to mercenaries, then this list is free from that or atleast from what i know :)

Sep 1, 2002

I thought it would be worthwhile to highlight some of the forgotten players and should be big contenders amongst that list. I saw a bunch names as cannavaro, zambrotta, thuram and davids, being thrown but IMO juventus is much more than that and if you dont know the past, then find out. So with a bit of research here are my candidates IMO that should be well ahead of the names I already mentioned:

Luigi Bertolini
World Cup Winner

Massimo Bonini
Honours: 3 Scudetti, 1 Coppa Italia, 1 European Champion Clubs Cup, 1 Cup Winners cup, 1 European Super Cup, 1 Intercontinental Cup.

Ernesto Castano
Italian International

Federico Munerati
Position Number 10 in Juve all time top goal scorers and brief stint as Juventus Manager (1941)

Karl Aage Præst
Danish International

Gino Stacchini

Mario Varglien

Giovanni Varglien

Now I know, ive never seen these players and some of these players come from an era where it would be difficult to appreciate what they have done, but for those who prefer an alternative to mercenaries, then this list is free from that or atleast from what i know :)
Why do you call Thuram, Davids et al mercenaries?
Because they left to play for another team?

Massimo Bonini left to play for Bologna.

Karl Aage Præst left to play for Lazio.

Gino Stacchini left and played for two teams afterwards.

Giovanni Varglien left and played for Palermo.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
where did i say they were mercenaries. davids certainly isnt, a few though i certainly would class and no a mercenary isnt a player who leaves juve to play for another team. depends on how they leave circumstances and which club, they went to. a variety of factors depending on a fans taste.

Sep 1, 2002
where did i say they were mercenaries. davids certainly isnt, a few though i certainly would class and no a mercenary isnt a player who leaves juve to play for another team. depends on how they leave circumstances and which club, they went to. a variety of factors depending on a fans taste.
It came across that way to me. But, as you didn't mean it that way I wasted a post.

As for your point that Juve has a rich history, you are utterly correct and that's what makes choosing so hard. As they have made it a vote, then obviously players in the living memory of most will prevail.

I can't help thinking they could have cone up with a better solution, but at the end of the day nobody is really going to give it a second thought afterwards.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005

Luigi Bertolini
World Cup Winner

Massimo Bonini

Ernesto Castano
Italian International

Federico Munerati

Karl Aage Præst
Danish International

Gino Stacchini

Mario Varglien

Giovanni Varglien

Great post.

This is what I was referring to earlier, on how Davids is probably not the most deserving on paper, but because the majority of votes will be cast by fans in their 20's and younger, the above names don't stand a chance.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
It's not the physical damage to the stadium they are most concerned about, but the threat they pose to the new match day experience, a selling point which Blanc has been going on about since the stadium was launched.

At the moment, we can bury the away fans and all their violence, firecrackers, smoke, etc, in a corner of the curva, dozens of feet away from the pitch and many rows away from the home supporters. That won't be possible at the new Delle Alpi.

For example, look at where the VIP boxes end. The explosions and smoke we see/hear every week will now be their neighbours. These ppl don't pay +50,000 euros to have their game ruined by smoke grenades and loud explosions.

I hope we do ban troubling away fans. Hopefully we have have been compiling a blacklist of individuals over the past few seasons in preparation. These idiots will end up costing us money in the long run if we let them ruin the match day experience for the average fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 110)