Jérôme Rothen wants Juve (22 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
spot on stu, exactly what i would say, they have everything a flank partnership needs.

Btw, id put zambo right back, he seems to be more effectivve, imo he is just as inconsistant as camo in the rm position, but at left he is pure class, likely at right back also.
How can you say Zambo is more effective as right back when he never plays in that position. Also Zambo's consistency is one of his strength's, so i don't agree on that point.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
i was saying i would asume he would be consistant at right back, as i remember it, when he did play right mid, he was always awsome like he is now, agaisnt real he was class, but not all season. His attribute make him a better rb than any of them we have been linked to...so i would say try himthere and get evra at left back.

And zambo wasnt that consistant in his old days as a lm/rm.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
i was saying i would asume he would be consistant at right back, as i remember it, when he did play right mid, he was always awsome like he is now, agaisnt real he was class, but not all season. His attribute make him a better rb than any of them we have been linked to...so i would say try himthere and get evra at left back.

And zambo wasnt that consistant in his old days as a lm/rm.
He was one of the best rmf's, and still is. I also think his play is quite similar to that of Rothen. That'd mean we'd have to very good players with both very good dribbles, crosses and a good workrate on opposite flanks.

I'd field Maresca together with Emerson in central midfield. That'd be much creativity next season.

Jul 28, 2002
well dom i guess we will have to agree to disagree, as i dont fancy having emerson AND enzo in midfield (could work tho, jus might).

Zambo, i jus feel he is a geat fullback, shame to waste his ability further up the field when he can defend bter than most fullbacks.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
john the thing is he can cross too.

about evra and rothen partnership i feel it wouldnt work out at juve, unless we play a swift counterattacking style not unlike monaco.

im unsure if we will be able to do that

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++

about evra and rothen partnership i feel it wouldnt work out at juve, unless we play a swift counterattacking style not unlike monaco.

Well, if we put zambo who are ya gonna want rb?? Id take that option itf we can get trabelsi on the free also(or cheap), because financially, we dont have huge bucks to spend.

Well its speculation whether a evra rothen partneship would work, after all they will need to play very differently in serie a, but i reckon they could do it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++

Why wouldn't it work? I think having both Evra and Rothen on the left side of the field would work just fine, no matter what style we play. I am sure they are good enough to adapt to any system.

About Zambro at RB, it might work out, but if we get Evra as our LB, I think it would be smarter to get someone who is a stay at home defender, like Thuram or Bonera, or Puyol. Having both Zambro and Evra running up the flanks could leave some holes at the back. That is why maybe we should keep Thuram, or we might have to get either Bonera or Zaccardo. Or if Trabelsi is free, then him.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Btw, id put zambo right back, he seems to be more effectivve, imo he is just as inconsistant as camo in the rm position, but at left he is pure class, likely at right back also.
How can you say that he's inconsistent at RM? He's one of the most consistent players in the world, and that's what won him the player of the year award despite the whole team having a shite season.

I also disagree with your point about Zambro being 'wasted' further upfield when he can defend too. I think if anything that his attacking talents are being wasted by putting him at LB, because he has to run back too much and we get caught out. This also means that we can't use Zambro's pace on the counter-attack as effectively as if he was playing in midfield.

If we sign Evra and put Zambro at RM, it's almost like having two Zambro's :thumb: Evra is a good defender and he's very effective going down the left, and if we get DD, Evra and Rothen, with Zambro terrorising the right flank, I think we could be in with a shout for the treble next season :cool:

Jul 28, 2002
well my opinions appear to disagree with many,but so be it, imo zambo would be a top class right back, but he wouldnt be a topclass right winger. if we were gonna spend money(assuming evra replaced zambo), i would prefer to buy a topclass right winger and put zambo at right back, than buy a top class defender and put zambo rm, for one reason is that we would have a entirely new back line, with evra, new rb and the two new cb's, by putting zambo right back, he would keep some consistancy to the backline.

But at the end of the day, zmabo will probably stay left back and we get bonera at rb, and camo rm.....great.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
well my opinions appear to disagree with many,but so be it, imo zambo would be a top class right back, but he wouldnt be a topclass right winger. if we were gonna spend money(assuming evra replaced zambo), i would prefer to buy a topclass right winger and put zambo at right back, than buy a top class defender and put zambo rm, for one reason is that we would have a entirely new back line, with evra, new rb and the two new cb's, by putting zambo right back, he would keep some consistancy to the backline.

But at the end of the day, zmabo will probably stay left back and we get bonera at rb, and camo rm.....great.
Well I think it would be rather hard to find a top class right winger that fits our budget. It would be easier to find a great RB, like Trabelsi.

Over the past few months watching Evra and Rothen, I have changed my view on what should be down with Zambro. I have changed my view, and I now agree with Graham, that he should be put back in his original position. This new opinion of mine comes from watching Evra play, and I think he should be on top of our transfer list because he will soon be the best LB in the world IMO. Another reason FOR Zambro to return to RM is because of the fact that it will be hard to find a world class right winger anyway, and our Gianluca is pretty close if not a world class player now. And from what I have seen with his attacking forays, he would definitely add more service to our front line.

So with the very possible signing of Deschamps, along comes Patrice Evra and Jerome Rothen, who could totally change the face of our team. I think maybe just signing Evra, along with two good centerbacks would even be enough for our team. But I definitely want to see more than that though.

So with Evra and Rothen, we move Zambro back to RM, and replace Montero and Iuliano with Ferrari and Mexes. Then we should be back to winning trophies next season.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

How can you say that he's inconsistent at RM? He's one of the most consistent players in the world, and that's what won him the player of the year award despite the whole team having a shite season.

I also disagree with your point about Zambro being 'wasted' further upfield when he can defend too. I think if anything that his attacking talents are being wasted by putting him at LB, because he has to run back too much and we get caught out. This also means that we can't use Zambro's pace on the counter-attack as effectively as if he was playing in midfield.

If we sign Evra and put Zambro at RM, it's almost like having two Zambro's :thumb: Evra is a good defender and he's very effective going down the left, and if we get DD, Evra and Rothen, with Zambro terrorising the right flank, I think we could be in with a shout for the treble next season :cool:
Agreed :thumb:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

About Zambro at RB, it might work out, but if we get Evra as our LB, I think it would be smarter to get someone who is a stay at home defender, like Thuram or Bonera, or Puyol. Having both Zambro and Evra running up the flanks could leave some holes at the back. That is why maybe we should keep Thuram, or we might have to get either Bonera or Zaccardo. Or if Trabelsi is free, then him.
With Zambrotta and Evra as our full backs we would suffer the same problems that madrid have as Zamb and Ev would probably get caught out just like Salgado and Bob Carlos do.

Unfortunately, it's not going to be as easy as some people think as far as finding a good stay at home right back goes. Bonera's name is being called alot, but he doesn't impress me, and I haven't heard alot about Zaccardo since that really strong season he had a year ago. Puyol is world-class, but I can't see us getting him, while Trabelsi isn't exactly a defensive right back. Who does that leave? Thuram?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

Well I think it would be rather hard to find a top class right winger that fits our budget. It would be easier to find a great RB, like Trabelsi.
Marco Marchionni seems to have what it takes to make a fantastic right winger, but I agree, getting a RB would be easier and maybe even more economic.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

With Zambrotta and Evra as our full backs we would suffer the same problems that madrid have as Zamb and Ev would probably get caught out just like Salgado and Bob Carlos do.

Unfortunately, it's not going to be as easy as some people think as far as finding a good stay at home right back goes. Bonera's name is being called alot, but he doesn't impress me, and I haven't heard alot about Zaccardo since that really strong season he had a year ago. Puyol is world-class, but I can't see us getting him, while Trabelsi isn't exactly a defensive right back. Who does that leave? Thuram?
I guess that means Thuram could still be at Juve next season. I know Lilian has had a torrid season, but if he is able to play next to a player like Mexes who is fast and smart, then Thuram would be back at his best IMO.

Actually, the more I think about it, we should keep Thuram. If we are selling Nedved and Trezeguet anyway, there will be enough money and we won't need that 8 million Euros from Lilian's sale. I think it might be a good idea to keep Thuram, and let him work with both Mexes and Evra, and turn them into the best defenders in the world. So in all, maybe we should keep Thuram, strictly because there might not be an adequate replacement out there YET.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I don't see the necessity to sell Thuram. Sure, this might be the last year we can get some decent cash off him, but IMO the experience that he brings to the team is worth more than what we can sell him for.

He's the ideal man for our new defenders to learn their trade from, and IMHO he's still got some good football left in him. Forget about this season, give him a chance and let him train the new boys into world beaters

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
I don't see the necessity to sell Thuram. Sure, this might be the last year we can get some decent cash off him, but IMO the experience that he brings to the team is worth more than what we can sell him for.

He's the ideal man for our new defenders to learn their trade from, and IMHO he's still got some good football left in him. Forget about this season, give him a chance and let him train the new boys into world beaters
I have to agree with that, even though it would be nice to have Trabelsi.

I also agree with the fact he still has another good season left in him. And put him next to a player like Mexes, who is fast and smart, and Thuram will be back at his best. With new players like Mexes and Ferrari, he can only help to mature them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)