Jérôme Rothen wants Juve (33 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by KeNgO ] ++
all of u guys are making "their" formation for a juventus side! how come none of you is including Miccoli in their formation?

i believe that maresca and miccoli are both the future of juventus!

that is a personal opinion
Because i seriously just forgot about Miccoli.

I'll make one with Miccoli:

------------Buffon
Trabelsi -Thuram -Ferrari- Parisi/Evra

Zambo- Tacchi/Emerson/Appiah- Maresca

---------Micco- Del Piero

---------Gilardino/Vieri

But than there will be no nedved.We could play 4-5-1, with Micco, Nedved and Del Piero behind Gilardino/Vieri, But than Maresca would have to play as dmf (in a 4-5-1, you need good dmf's for a good balance) and that would go at cost of his offsensive and creative skills.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #224
    ++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++
    No it doesn't...IMO...
    This line up without any new player...common man we need rejuvenate the team...

this one looks reasonble(IMO):

-------------Buffon----------------

---Oddo----Thuram---Ferrari-----Zambro----

---Camo-----Jank----Maresca------Kapo

----------Gila----------Dp-------------

there can be a lot of changes but it will be something like that...
    maybe with Neddy,Vieri,Lampard.....you all know all the rumours and all the players...but not all together...about 6 new players at least.
    wrong, your's doesn't make sense. Ferrari doesn't play LCB and Jankulovski plays on the wings. Oddo is too of an attacking defensman and we have Zambrotta on the left to do that. Kapo won't start.

I agree that we need new CB's like ferrari and mexès.... IMO we need to give a chance to Legro and Thuram at CB. We will bring ypung defenders to the team that will learn bit by bit with Ciro and cie.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++

wrong, your's doesn't make sense. Ferrari doesn't play LCB and Jankulovski plays on the wings. Oddo is too of an attacking defensman and we have Zambrotta on the left to do that. Kapo won't start.

I agree that we need new CB's like ferrari and mexès.... IMO we need to give a chance to Legro and Thuram at CB. We will bring ypung defenders to the team that will learn bit by bit with Ciro and cie.
    My formation was just an example for you,because your previous line up was WITHOUT any new player!that doesn't make sense!!!

We need refresh,that was my point .i agree about Kapo and Jank,it was just an example for new players in the line up.As for Oddo and Ferrari?it will happen.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #226
    ++ [ originally posted by Roman ] ++

My formation was just an example for you,because your previous line up was WITHOUT any new player!that doesn't make sense!!!

We need refresh,that was my point .i agree about Kapo and Jank,it was just an example for new players in the line up.As for Oddo and Ferrari?it will happen.
    Mine too was an EXAMPLE b/c this thread is about ROTHEN and I put him on LM and that doesn't leave a place for Nedved. So it's Rothen or Nedved.

Of course I want new defenders, read my other posts. I wanted at least 3 new D's.

Also, I'm afraid that one of the new D's will be Bonera. :yuck:

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003

Mine too was an EXAMPLE b/c this thread is about ROTHEN and I put him on LM and that doesn't leave a place for Nedved. So it's Rothen or Nedved.

Of course I want new defenders, read my other posts. I wanted at least 3 new D's.

Also, I'm afraid that one of the new D's will be Bonera. :yuck:
    I'm not sure about Bonera also...but oh well many like him...

I would damn want Rothen!really! i want him badly at Juve!
    But i;m afraid that if DD won't join us,then he won't come....i hope i'm wrong...:groan:

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    I have faith in legro too and Birindelli is fine with me as a starter IMO. We need a guy that can defend on one side(Biri) and attack on the other(Zambro) to make it stable. I also think we'll buy at least one CB but I don't know who anymore; Mexes, Ferrari, Kroldrup, Squillaci, Rodriguez, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu, Van Buyten, Hoffland, Hubschman, Cribari, Stovini, ..................and the list continues.
    Well, I agree, but its wrong IMO that you need one def. who can defend on one side, and an attacking on the other side. That would make no sense. The whole play would come from the left side, we would become predictable and would suck.
    Watch modern football. I don't know any good team that plays your philosophie. You need full-backs who can defend as well as attack on both sides. Look at Milan, Real, Monaco........

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #229
    ++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

Well, I agree, but its wrong IMO that you need one def. who can defend on one side, and an attacking on the other side. That would make no sense. The whole play would come from the left side, we would become predictable and would suck.
    Watch modern football. I don't know any good team that plays your philosophie. You need full-backs who can defend as well as attack on both sides. Look at Milan, Real, Monaco........
    Milan: Pancaro defends better than Cafu
    Real: Salgado defends better than R.Carlos
    Monaco: Givet defends better than Evra
    Inter: Left side defends, Zanetti attacks.

It depends where the best winger of the OTHER team plays. You need a defensive guy on his side to contain him.

I agree that a fullback that can defend as well as attack would be great but you need a lot of $$$ :greedy:

These players are rare.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    Well, Pancaro was very attacking this season!
    Salgado is not good at defending, and is very ofensive.
    Givet is not a starter at Monaco. Ibbara is the starter on the right, and he is as offensive as Evra.

All in all, it depends which player plays in front of the full-back!
    You have to build up good tandems. Evra and Rothen is the best at the time, as Rothen is also willing to let Evra attack, and Rothen takes care in defense.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    Givet is not a starter at Monaco. Ibbara is the starter on the right, and he is as offensive as Evra.

All in all, it depends which player plays in front of the full-back!
    You have to build up good tandems. Evra and Rothen is the best at the time, as Rothen is also willing to let Evra attack, and Rothen takes care in defense.
    You got it right.

Jul 12, 2002
    Milan: Pancaro defends better than Cafu
    Real: Salgado defends better than R.Carlos
    Monaco: Givet defends better than Evra
    Inter: Left side defends, Zanetti attacks.
    Makes you wonder if it wouldn't be better to keep our current fullbacks Zamby and Thuram....

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Makes you wonder if it wouldn't be better to keep our current fullbacks Zamby and Thuram....
    Zambro yes,but Lilian had a lot of defensive problems this season,he is not the same already,it is hard to him now...so we better move him into the center with Mexes or Ferrari and bring other RB.
    Oddo or Bonera seems the most likely...good enough imo.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Well, Thuram isn't getting any younger, so he isn't that fast anymore. Let him play in the centre, and Oddo will come in.

May 4, 2004

Well, Thuram isn't getting any younger, so he isn't that fast anymore. Let him play in the centre, and Oddo will come in.
    hmm yeah, he play'd that in the game vs samp.. and it went well for him, so if he can do it, then I think he should stay for 1 year more..!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    About Rothen, he would be a great player for Juve, especially if Nedved is sold and Didier becomes coach. If the latter becomes the new coach, I think that we will see both Evra and Rothen come to Juve, which would make our left side the strongest in the world IMO.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    And if that happens,Zambro will play RM again!:extatic:

Simply amazing.i would be more than happy if that happens.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
    agree with andrea..

rothen and evra are great, and they can be very useful for juve..
    Individually Rothen and Evra are fantastic players, but when they combine together they're even more brilliant, so I would love to see the two of them wearing our black and white next season :)

Jul 28, 2002
    spot on stu, exactly what i would say, they have everything a flank partnership needs.

Btw, id put zambo right back, he seems to be more effectivve, imo he is just as inconsistant as camo in the rm position, but at left he is pure class, likely at right back also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)