Jérôme Rothen wants Juve (16 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Here, this was roughly what I was thinking: fast movement and short, one touch passes between players set up in "triangles"

Goalkeeper: Buffon
Left back: Evra
Right back: Oddo
Centre back: Mexes
Centre back: Ferrari

Left wing: Rothen
Right wing: Zambrotta
Defensive midfielder: Emerson
Attacking midfielder: Nedved/Rosicky/Van der Vaart

Forward: Del Piero
Striker: Vieri/Gilardino
Nicely down. I also agree, Juve aren't playing enough with triangles. That the way to outplay your opponents, you need quick or at least good passers(Maresca) for that.

I'd just like to see Maresca in that formation.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
why keeping talking about Emerson? he will not come...Madrid and chelsea are interes in him. News said that the white porks offer Morientes and 10 million for emerson........
yeap, it's pretty ridicilous when you think of it... Same goes with Vieri... Of course both are great, specially Emerson would be just great, but it's not going to happen... Guys, they are just too expensive, can you really see Moggi spending that much money?!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Emerson is unlikely, but Moggi already commented on Vieri and didn't rule out a bid! I think he likes Vieri and having Bobo in the squad would be awsome!

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Emerson is unlikely, but Moggi already commented on Vieri and didn't rule out a bid! I think he likes Vieri and having Bobo in the squad would be awsome!
I like Vieri a lot, but look at his current wage!! If Bobo came, he had to reduce is salary sooooo much, that's why I think that he won't come... And btw, he's a good friend of moratti too...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++
And btw, he's a good friend of moratti too...
And what does Moratti have to do with Inter? :D
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Well, maybe he would take a pay-cut! If he really loves Juve, he would do it!
Vieri doesn't know what it means to really love a team

Aug 1, 2003
Zlatan, there's like only 3 of our original players in our starting lineup. As much as we need some cleaning up to do, bringing in tons of players and put them like that is a big risk. There's the need to adapt, etc, etc.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Here, this was roughly what I was thinking: fast movement and short, one touch passes between players set up in "triangles"

Goalkeeper: Buffon
Left back: Evra
Right back: Oddo
Centre back: Mexes
Centre back: Ferrari

Left wing: Rothen
Right wing: Zambrotta
Defensive midfielder: Emerson
Attacking midfielder: Nedved/Rosicky/Van der Vaart

Forward: Del Piero
Striker: Vieri/Gilardino
Great. VERY unrealistic. One of the most unrealistic lineups I have seen yet.

Lets see: 8 new players in the starting lineup. Not to mention Kapo, and a few other new signings for the bench. Sorry, but this will never happen. Moggi will never go for so many new players.

I sort of agree with the triangle theory, but if you read my former post (which I am sure nobody did, cuz some might not understand it), this very attacking lineup is just too risky. I will again post what I have said before.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No, we can't play with just one defensive midfielder. With Rothen traveling down the left flank, and Zambro down the right, this will leave Tacchinardi/Emerson all by himself in central midfield. Thus, holes will be created if on of the more forward midfielders gives the ball away. Against good teams, this lack of coverage will cost us dearly. Not to mention that both Oddo and Evra are almost as likely to go forward as Salgado and Roberto Carlos for Real Madrid respectively. So with all these players going forward, even a ten man Monaco side could find a way to score if someone gives the ball away in midfield. One bad touch could possibly leave Emerson/Tacchi, Ferrari, and Mexes in a tough situation. Don't get me wrong, I love attacking football, but this IMO is over doing it. We would get smashed on the counter-attack many a times.

I think a better, more balanced side would look like this:

----------------------Vieri---------------------

-Del Piero----Nedved(Rosicky)---Fiore-

-----------Emerson---Tacchinardi--------

Zambrotta---Ferrari--Mexes---Oddo(?)

In this formation, there is a great balance between attack and defense, something that all good teams must have to succeed (well, except for Real). My (and your) thirst for attacking football would be quenched, with that triumverate of attacking players, who could move freely behind Vieri or Gilardino. But the side is well covered for the counter-attack, with Emerson and Tacchinardi in central positions. If you have ever seen Roma play, Emerson almost plays in a subdued free role in central midfield; I see him traveling into more forward positions regulary, and Dacourt is kind of like Tacchi in this set up, who both do the holding roles. Emerson's main priority is to make sure there are no holes in midfield, but if the time is right, he could travel up into the box and create chances. This is what makes Emerson such a special player. As I have said before, Emerson is a creative midfield destroyer. I think he could be just as good or even better than Davids in that role.

Not that I don't like your set up, I just think it is too risky, especially for the Champions League where balance is the key. And with Prandelli probably taking over next season, we know he likes the 4-2-3-1, with two holding midfielders.

I know some people might not like this more conservative lineup, but it is one that can produce offense, while keeping sure at the back.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
With prandelli's 442 or 451

I'd like to see this next season:

-----------Buffon
Trabelsi Ferrari Mexes Zambo/Evra

Fiore Appiah Maresca Nedved/Rothen/Zambo

----------Del Piero
-------Vieri/Gilardino

Only Appiah if he performs though, otherwise just good ol' Tacchi.

Edit: Forgot the 451.

-----------Buffon
Trabelsi Ferrari Mexes Zambo
-------Tacchi Appiah(Emerson preferebly for one of those though...)
----Fiore Maresca Del Piero
------------ Vieri

May 4, 2004
I'd like to se THIS:

--------------------Buffon

Bonera ----Thuram ----Ferrari----Zambro

-----------Apphia-----Maresca

Camo-----------Nedved -----Del Piero

-----------------Gilardino

If we sell thuram, then buy mexes plzzz...

if not bonera then trablesi...

if Nedved get sold, then buy diego or Van der vaart or Deco

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
My turn:

------------------Buffon-----------------------
Oddo------Thuram----Ferrari----Zambrotta
-----------Maresca--Tacchinardi------------
Kapo-----------Nedved--------Del Piero---
-------------------Vieri-------------------------

Mar 14, 2004
----------------------Buffon---------------------

Trabelsi----Thuram----Ferarri---Zambrotta

------------------Emerson-----------------------

Maresca(Camo)----Diego------------Nedved

-----------------------DelPiero-------------------

-----------------------Vieri(Gila)-----------------

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
----------------------Buffon---------------------

Trabelsi----Mexes----Ferarri---Evra--------

------------------Emerson-----------------------

Zambro-------------Diego------------Nedved

-------------Del Piero----------Gila--------------

Aug 1, 2003
Thuram should stay and Mexes should be bought to play in the centre. If we have a new player say Trabelsi/Bonera , it's all fine but if they suck like most new players do or injured, Thuram can be an equally good backup. And if BOTH of them are injured comes in Birindelli. I'm sure he doesn't mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)