Jérôme Rothen wants Juve (24 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Moggi will have priorities, you know. Having a player that have same charactristics of rothen (Zambro), he will focus money in more critical ponts:

1 SELLING TREZEGUET, AND BRINGIN BOBO OR GILA OR BOTH

2 if we sell thuram (unfortunately, is very probable), to bing in two CD, or at least 1CD AND 1 LD.

3 FIND A VERY GOOD CENTRAL MIDFIELD WITH ATACKING AND DEFENDING CAPABILITIES.

Then, if there his still some bucks in the pocket, we will think in rothen as a choice...
3. We have Maresca for that. A real Central midfielder. A little more attacking than defending, but still able to defend. He'll roam around the central midfield freely.

Zlatan, very good formation. Although i'm not too sure about Rosicky.

I'd like to see something like this in midfield:

Nedved/Rothen/Zambo- Maresca -Tacchinardi/Emerson- Fiore/Zambo

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++

But roma won't sell him to us, and his too expensive... I think that Emerson would be great, but so would be Raul etc... (I miss Alex btw, has anyone heard of him lately?! damn, that guy surely is funny! :D)
Yeah, Alex is a really funny guy! :rofl:

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Moggi will have priorities, you know. Having a player that have same charactristics of rothen (Zambro), he will focus money in more critical ponts:

2 if we sell thuram (unfortunately, is very probable), to bing in two CD, or at least 1CD AND 1 LD.

Then, if there his still some bucks in the pocket, we will think in rothen as a choice...
I couldn't agree more!

Amr

Dec 25, 2003

right 100%

but i wont buy bobo,gila is better then him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Yes, but why do we have to have two holding midfielders? I dont like the way Juve plays now, with just one real wing. Cant we play both a left and right wing, with just one defensive midfielder? That job would be perfect for Davids, but since he isnt here maybe Emerson could do the job.

Something like this:

---------Del Piero ----- Vieri---------

-----------------Rosicky------------------

Rothen ----- Emerson ----- Zambrotta

Evra ----- Ferrari ----- Mexes -----Oddo
----------------Buffon---------------------
No, we can't play with just one defensive midfielder. With Rothen traveling down the left flank, and Zambro down the right, this will leave Tacchinardi/Emerson all by himself in central midfield. Thus, holes will be created if on of the more forward midfielders gives the ball away. Against good teams, this lack of coverage will cost us dearly. Not to mention that both Oddo and Evra are almost as likely to go forward as Salgado and Roberto Carlos for Real Madrid respectively. So with all these players going forward, even a ten man Monaco side could find a way to score if someone gives the ball away in midfield. One bad touch could possibly leave Emerson/Tacchi, Ferrari, and Mexes in a tough situation. Don't get me wrong, I love attacking football, but this IMO is over doing it. We would get smashed on the counter-attack many a times.

I think a better, more balanced side would look like this:

----------------------Vieri---------------------

-Del Piero----Nedved(Rosicky)---Fiore-

-----------Emerson---Tacchinardi--------

Zambrotta---Ferrari--Mexes---Oddo(?)

In this formation, there is a great balance between attack and defense, something that all good teams must have to succeed (well, except for Real). My (and your) thirst for attacking football would be quenched, with that triumverate of attacking players, who could move freely behind Vieri or Gilardino. But the side is well covered for the counter-attack, with Emerson and Tacchinardi in central positions. If you have ever seen Roma play, Emerson almost plays in a subdued free role in central midfield; I see him traveling into more forward positions regulary, and Dacourt is kind of like Tacchi in this set up, who both do the holding roles. Emerson's main priority is to make sure there are no holes in midfield, but if the time is right, he could travel up into the box and create chances. This is what makes Emerson such a special player. As I have said before, Emerson is a creative midfield destroyer. I think he could be just as good or even better than Davids in that role.

Not that I don't like your set up, I just think it is too risky, especially for the Champions League where balance is the key. And with Prandelli probably taking over next season, we know he likes the 4-2-3-1, with two holding midfielders.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

No, we can't play with just one defensive midfielder. With Rothen traveling down the left flank, and Zambro down the right, this will leave Tacchinardi/Emerson all by himself in central midfield. Thus, holes will be created if on of the more forward midfielders gives the ball away. Against good teams, this lack of coverage will cost us dearly. Not to mention that both Oddo and Evra are almost as likely to go forward as Salgado and Roberto Carlos for Real Madrid respectively. So with all these players going forward, even a ten man Monaco side could find a way to score if someone gives the ball away in midfield. One bad touch could possibly leave Emerson/Tacchi, Ferrari, and Mexes in a tough situation. Don't get me wrong, I love attacking football, but this IMO is over doing it. We would get smashed on the counter-attack many a times.

I think a better, more balanced side would look like this:

----------------------Vieri---------------------

-Del Piero----Nedved(Rosicky)---Fiore-

-----------Emerson---Tacchinardi--------

Zambrotta---Ferrari--Mexes---Oddo(?)

In this formation, there is a great balance between attack and defense, something that all good teams must have to succeed (well, except for Real). My (and your) thirst for attacking football would be quenched, with that triumverate of attacking players, who could move freely behind Vieri or Gilardino. But the side is well covered for the counter-attack, with Emerson and Tacchinardi in central positions. If you have ever seen Roma play, Emerson almost plays in a subdued free role in central midfield; I see him traveling into more forward positions regulary, and Dacourt is kind of like Tacchi in this set up, who both do the holding roles. Emerson's main priority is to make sure there are no holes in midfield, but if the time is right, he could travel up into the box and create chances. This is what makes Emerson such a special player. As I have said before, Emerson is a creative midfield destroyer. I think he could be just as good or even better than Davids in that role.

Not that I don't like your set up, I just think it is too risky, especially for the Champions League where balance is the key. And with Prandelli probably taking over next season, we know he likes the 4-2-3-1, with two holding midfielders.
I agree with you about the formation. Here would be my version.
-----------------Buffon------------------------
Oddo-----Thuram-----Mexes-----Zambrotta
----------Maresca---Tacchinardi-------------
--Kapo----------Nedved--------Del Piero-----
-----------------Vieri--------------------------

This is maybe more likely to happen!

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

I agree with you about the formation. Here would be my version.
-----------------Buffon------------------------
Oddo-----Thuram-----Mexes-----Zambrotta
----------Maresca---Tacchinardi-------------
--Kapo----------Nedved--------Del Piero-----
-----------------Vieri--------------------------

This is maybe more likely to happen!
Kapo is the weakest link in this formation. Miccoli or Camo would be better ;)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I bet you have never seen Kapo play, because you wouldn't say that. Kapo has better ball controll than Camoranesi, and playing with Vieri, Del Piero, Miccoli and Nedved wouldn't work. Remember the 3-4 against Lecce??? Just too offensive!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Shit Zlatan just posted :dazed: :extatic:

Anyways

Speaking of RB whatever happened to the rumours of us buying Hatem Trabelsi?
Trabelsi is busy with Ajax in this courtcase which will determine if Trabelsi is a free agent at the end of the season or not. A lot of teams(Juve included) will pull out of the race for Trabelsi if the court decided Trabelsi won't be a free agent.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
I bet you have never seen Kapo play, because you wouldn't say that. Kapo has better ball controll than Camoranesi, and playing with Vieri, Del Piero, Miccoli and Nedved wouldn't work. Remember the 3-4 against Lecce??? Just too offensive!

i haven't seen kapo playing either. but my friend who has seen him, says he is amazing player. can play in every position in the midifelder.

from what i was told.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Yes he can play in every position! He doesn't score so much, but thats not his job! A great player IMO, who will really strength our squad!

Aug 1, 2003
I don't like the way Kapo plays his football but I've seen so little of him. I don't like the idea of Thuram playing in the centre either because he's more decent on the right and I think we should get Mexes and Ferrari for that. Personally I think Thuram should be benched if we get another RB, unless he's better on form than that new player. So that if our new player is injured Thuram can be a good backup. And I know we have Birindelli, but if Thuram AND our new player is injured Birindelli can do the job and I don't know what the hell I'm saying right now, God.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I don't like the way Kapo plays his football but I've seen so little of him. I don't like the idea of Thuram playing in the centre either because he's more decent on the right and I think we should get Mexes and Ferrari for that. Personally I think Thuram should be benched if we get another RB, unless he's better on form than that new player. So that if our new player is injured Thuram can be a good backup. And I know we have Birindelli, but if Thuram AND our new player is injured Birindelli can do the job and I don't know what the hell I'm saying right now, God.
:star:sallyinzaghi:star: i am agree with u .nice post :D

Btw , why do you like trez so much? :confused:

All he can do is waiting and waiting.We need striker that can make room to their teammate like sheva.

Aug 1, 2003
I know he's a very static player and everything, but we have many players to create goals so that's not really a problem. Trezeguet SURELY will score goals for us and that's important. You can't secure others would do the same in Juve, that's why I want him to stay :touched:

And nobody agrees with me :D

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I know he's a very static player and everything, but we have many players to create goals so that's not really a problem. Trezeguet SURELY will score goals for us and that's important. You can't secure others would do the same in Juve, that's why I want him to stay :touched:

And nobody agrees with me :D
Maybe the others boring see the style he play and want some changes.
btw when Inzaghi in juve,i dont like his style too.r u inzaghi fans too?:D
no offense.i dont want to insult you.
I agree trez SURELY will score:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)