It's high people stopped betraying Del Piero (1 Viewer)

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
I do not intend to undermine miccoli's importance in Juve's latest performance, but I strongly believe that leaving DP out of the game is a serious mistake.
I have heard and read many opinions stating that it was for the best of the team...What about now?
Will Mr Lippi get rid of Juve's greatest player over the past decade?
I hope that Lippi only intended to convey a message to his best player through benching him for a while. These are the rules of the game and no one could discuss them. But now that all the misbelievers have been satisfied, now that there is "no guarantee place for DP", people should really start thinking instead of shouting non-sense tactics and line-ups.
I'm certain Juventus club and fans will sourely regret it if DP is left out, even for a while.
I feel even rotten to have to discuss DP's legitimacy in a team that lacks World-class players like him.
Time will show us how it's gonna come down.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
Now that Trezeguet is injured,Del Piero have a great chance of starting.Mr Lippi have alot of options,Di Vaio,Miccoli,Del Piero and even Zalayeta.Now that Del Piero is back on form,leaving him out is a big mistake

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Firstly Del Piero is not back on form. Playing for 20 minutes against Olympiakos does not mean that you ar in form.

He might have done well against Parma when he came on but that doesn't mean he would have done well had he started from the beginning.

Miccoli has been playing really well and all Lippi is trying to do is to make sure his most in form 11 are out on the field. Whether its Del Piero or Nedved or Buffon or anyone... no one has a guaranteed spot if there is someone in better touch waiting on the bench.

This makes complete sense to me. As much as i love Del Piero, the ultimate priority is to see Juve win.

Lets say that Miccoli was left out and Del Piero did play well and score 2 goals... would that be fair to Miccoli ? (after playing so well vs Olympiakos) You play well, you get the nod... thats the message Lippi is trying to convey and its about time that he stopped his rotation policy. All the players got a chance to show their mettle and now its time for the best team to play - not the best team on paper but the best team according to the situation.

Del Piero will get a start sooner or later but there is no point in playing him just because he is Del Piero.

Instead of worrying about who gets a start and who doesn't, Juve fans should thank their luck that they have so much talent to choose from.

Lippi is doing what is best for the team.

Di Vaio didn't have too good a game today so next time we could see Miccoli and Del Piero starting for Juve. Di Vaio will probably come on a a sub in the 2nd half depending on the situation. This sort of rotation will ensure that all the forwards are in good physical shape.

Imagine if another striker (along with Trezeguet ) receives an injury ... then we will be left will just 2 quality strikers up front (no offense to Zalayeta) which could be a problem towards the end of the season.

Lippi's method will reduce the risk of such a scenario.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I think there's nothing wrong with the logic of play the one who's currently in-form, no matter if that means benching some star players. Especially not if that means better performance and positive results.

DP's importance to the club and to the fans is not questionable, but I believe that he's not a neccessity for our game anymore or at least not as big as he was a few years ago. The thing is that with him in the line-up we are more predictable (everybody knows him and will go after him) and this doesn't come very handy, especially not in the big games.

Aug 1, 2003
I think what lippi doing now is good and fair to everyone- he should give starting places to whoever's on form. if DP is not on form, then thats too bad but he needs to be benched. but this doesn't mean we love the guy any less :)

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
The thing is that with him in the line-up we are more predictable (everybody knows him and will go after him) and this doesn't come very handy, especially not in the big games.
Yeah, I at least in the big games it seems like that. But wasn't he always the more unpredictable player in the team, making unexpected runs, passes and dribbles(like the stuff he did a couple of seasons ago or the goal he scored against Real last season)? Has that changed or do peaple know him too well?

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
Btw totally agree with you IceBlu.:)

The rotation system Lippi is using makes all the players fit and happy, and it creates competition for places what I think is good. That way all our five strikers get their chance to play, regardless if it's Del Piero or Zalayeta.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lippi finally put personal feeling aside(with the exception of Davids) and decided to put the best 11 out there.

however, I don't feel that the rotation system was a failure at all, even when juve hit that bump in the road.

It gave all of our players significant playing time, which will only help this team while it goes through its current injury crisis.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
DP is like a truck...............he is unstoppable when he is doing well......but when he stops (injured), he needs time to regain his good performance..........just like a truck when it stops, it needs time to accelerate but when it speeds up, nothing stands in its face!!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think that most of us are agree in Lippi´s last choice for the Parma game....

IM agree about what iceblu said.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Take it from an outsider's POV. Miccoli is not fit to lick Del Piero's boots and NEVER will be. Del Piero has ups and downs and has yet to shine in a big game so he has that label of choker. Regardless, he is a natural and pure talent which Miccoli has not proven to be. An above average season in Perugia and a stint with the NT do not bring him to Del Piero's level. The thought of people calling for DP's departure is nuts and separates the hard core Juventini from the bandwagon Juventini. Del Piero is Juve. One of the reasons our teams are successful are our ability to maintain players who BLEED for our team. The Del Piero's, Maldini's, Ferrara's, Costacurta's, Tacchinardi's, Gattuso's...without these players we are both "Inter". Personally I have always maintained that an on form DP is much more lethal and dangerous than a Nedved. After all DP has given your team you don't turn around at the first sign of trouble. Trust me here...there are not many Del Piero's in Serie A. And believe me that Miccoli's come and go and usuaully don't last very long. Notice that Miccoli is barely playing or scoring in his style with Perugia. He is scoring but not in the same style (position wise) as last season..he has had to re-invent his role almost. Last season or in a lower level team A player like Miccoli would command the offense but this is something that IMO cannot happen at Juve where the attack does not center around him. Notice that when he plays with DP, Trezeguet and Nedved Miccoli seems totally out of place. Anyways, thats my opinion.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
Take it from an outsider's POV. Miccoli is not fit to lick Del Piero's boots and NEVER will be. Del Piero has ups and downs and has yet to shine in a big game so he has that label of choker. Regardless, he is a natural and pure talent which Miccoli has not proven to be. An above average season in Perugia and a stint with the NT do not bring him to Del Piero's level. The thought of people calling for DP's departure is nuts and separates the hard core Juventini from the bandwagon Juventini. Del Piero is Juve. One of the reasons our teams are successful are our ability to maintain players who BLEED for our team. The Del Piero's, Maldini's, Ferrara's, Costacurta's, Tacchinardi's, Gattuso's...without these players we are both "Inter". Personally I have always maintained that an on form DP is much more lethal and dangerous than a Nedved. After all DP has given your team you don't turn around at the first sign of trouble. Trust me here...there are not many Del Piero's in Serie A. And believe me that Miccoli's come and go and usuaully don't last very long. Notice that Miccoli is barely playing or scoring in his style with Perugia. He is scoring but not in the same style (position wise) as last season..he has had to re-invent his role almost. Last season or in a lower level team A player like Miccoli would command the offense but this is something that IMO cannot happen at Juve where the attack does not center around him. Notice that when he plays with DP, Trezeguet and Nedved Miccoli seems totally out of place. Anyways, thats my opinion.
Thats my opinion too.

I cant understand why is so many people there wanting to ged rd of a player like Del Piero. Players like him are not seen everywhere. Im not a hardore DP fan, but i have to admit that he have done too much for this team,,and he still can shopw a lot of level, more than any other curren striker in Juve.

About Miccoli, i would not say that he is the ONE to peplace del piero... but in this case.. it was very clear that he is thorugh a great moment and DP wasnt.. so the best choice was to pic him for this macthes..while using del piero some minutes to reagin form. And in fact that is working because Miccoli is scoring and yesterday we saw a great improvement in DP.

Soon we will have DP in full fom, and commanded by him, our attack will be even better.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Right now Miccoli is playing better than Del Piero, so it's only fair that he starts, but I wanna see if Lippi will drop Di Vaio for next week's Lecce game, because Marco was very poor against Parma.

In the last two matches DP has scored and his performance against Parma is IMO a sign that Alex is regaining form and soon enough he'll be back to his best.

Forza ADP!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I think it all depends on how much playing time, if any, DP gets in the Coppa Italia match.

He could be the first sub off the bench against Lecce if he puts in a full workload against Siena.

eringi

Jul 15, 2002
I say play Miccoli till he stops scoring.. i don't care about status or not, i love Del Piero and i don't think he should be sold but there is not point of playing him game after game if he is not scoring, it only makes sense that he plays here and there until he gets back to form. If you asked me btw an in-form Del Piero and an In-form Miccoli who would i choose, i would definetely choose Del Piero but at this point DP doesn't have the form and Miccoli does....

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, to counter your point, eringi, How will DP regain his form if he doesn't get any minutes? Even if it's a Coppa Italia match, the man needs to play.

I'm not sure if he only plays once in a while will do it for him. And there is the problem that Juve faces. Is it a bad problem? Not really, because thankfully, they have players like DV and Miccoli who can step in and play like frist teamers.

This will be REALLY interesting in January when Trez comes back, and DP is in full form.

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
never thought I'd use this emoticon when it comes to your posts but here goes---- :touched:

DP is certainly special but isnt it a bit harsh to say Miccoli will NEVER reach his standards? The guy's young, bit too early to tell I think.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Del piero is important, but miccoli is our future also.

baggio was del piero and del piero was miccoli back in 94/95. baggio left and we all thought we were in trouble, but del piero became king very fast. the same thing is happening now, excpet back then, i dont think we needed such a big squad as the CL wasnt as demanding as it is these days.

del piero in form is still better than miccoli, but i think miccoli should be starting until del piero really proves that he should be instead.

OP

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    Hydde, Incuborossonero, sallyinzaghi, this is all I have to say to you, as to everybody else who thinks as you do:

KEEP IT UP AND THANK YOU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)