Italy's current squad (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Given our lethargy in midfield attack, I'd also love to see De Rossi in black & white stripes in the near future.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Every italian player has the chance to play there..there are may be 80 Players who have the chance to play for Italy.. Lippi exprements too much.. I think that is not good..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++
Which is Italy's current players?The same with euro?Is gilardinho in?
I usually never pick up on people's spelling mistakes, but I see this one waaaaay too often...

It's Gilardino; he's not Brazilian ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I wasn't talking about languages :) and I'm quite certain that the widespread mis-spelling of poor Alberto's name is due to the prevalence of Brazilian players with similar such spellings (Ronaldinho, Robinho etc.)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
bah, I've been waiting for a friend to give me back my copy of Premiere so I could crop the borders (hence the video being in the middle of a big black square :irritate:) and chop up some more of the vid, but since it's been months already I'll just upload the dang thing.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Lippi is still experimenting.

Tough choices to makes...

Yet again Italy will be the only team with no players playing in leagues other than Seria A.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
man, we should really do well in the WC (Italy)

Cassano
Gilardino
Totti
Montella
Del Piero (he's Lippis favourite..)

Camoranesi
Marchionni
De Rossi
Pirlo
Gattuso
Blasi
Tacchinardi (Also Lippis favourite..)

etc.

Zambrotta
Chiellini
Cannavaro
Nesta
Ferrari
Bonera
Oddo

etc.

Buffon
Pelizzolli

etc.

Man... I want Italy to win and there is great players, but maybe the curse is still after us?

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
ofcourse there is :) 6 goals disallowed at worldcup 2002, Totti saw red in against South Korea. Italy lost in the last seconds to France in Euro 2000. Italy couldn't score more than once against Sweden, even though they played greatly and outplayed Sweden, but then got tired and Zlatan made that goal, that even Jesus would be proud of (just kidding) and Sweden - Denmark ended 2-2...

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Clearly, the Italian Federation's biggest mistake was letting Zoff step down from the helm of the national team and then assigning Trap as manager. Euro 2000 wasn't Zoff's fault, but everyone in Italy (Prime Minister Berlusconi included) criticized Zoff and his tactics. The Italian people and media only have themselves to blame for the situation the national team is in.

I just had to get that out. It's been bothering me for five years now, so bah.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
The current squad against Russia in the friendly.

Offensive Lippi opts for trident Tuesday 8 February, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy are expected to field a 4-3-3 formation in Wednesday’s international friendly against Russia.

Boss Marcello Lippi has admitted that he intends to use a trident strike-force in preparation for the March World Cup qualifier versus Scotland.

"I think I will select a side which should mirror the one I pick for the Milan game against the Scots," stated Lippi.

"I intend to field three attackers this week with players who will not only attack but also defend when we don’t have the ball.

"That is why I called-up Antonio Langella (Cagliari) to replace the injured Antonio Cassano."

Juventus No 1 Gigi Buffon should start in goal despite his recent mixed form for the Bianconeri.

He’ll be guarded by a back-four of Daniele Bonera, Alessandro Nesta, Fabio Cannavaro and Giorgio Chiellini – who is being tested again as Gianluca Zambrotta is suspended for the Scotland tie.

The three-man midfield may consist of Daniele De Rossi of Roma, Milan’s Gennaro Gattuso and Manuele Blasi of Juventus.

Mauro Esposito of Cagliari, Roma’s Francesco Totti and Inter ace Christian Vieri will probably form the attacking trio.

Italy’s last game against Russia was in a World Cup play-off clash at Napoli in November 1997.

Gigi Casiraghi scored the only goal to ensure a 2-1 aggregate win and qualification for France ’98.

source: channel4.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)