Italy vs Czech Rep (2 Viewers)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
This would be my squad to go to Portugal:

Buffon (Toldo) - Oddo (Panucci), Nesta (Ferrari), Cannavaro (Legrottaglie), Zambrotta (Pancaro) - Gattuso (Perrotta/Tacchinardi), Pirlo (Maresca) - Camoranesi (Marchionni/Fiore), Totti (Cassano/Miccoli), Del Piero (Di Vaio/Di Natale) - Vieri (Bazzani)
I see 26 players..!! how many players are allowed to be in the team..??

Buy on AliExpress.com

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

Pirlo used to be an attacking midfielder/forward before joining Milan .. wasnt he?
Yes he was. But since Milan flourish in that department of attacking midfielders (especially last season when they had Rivaldo too) Ancelloti decided to utilize him in the defensive midfield, where he would be the base distributor of the ball to the Milanese offence. If you ask me, this was a big reason for Milan's success last year and was a great tactical move by Ancelloti.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #84
    If I recall correctly Italy took 25 players to Japan and Korea for the World Cup, and my squad only has 22 players anyways. When you see Perrotta/Tacchinardi, Marchionni/Fiore, etc it means either Perrotta or Tacchinardi, Marchionni or Fiore, not both.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #85
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
    My prediction
    Czech Republic 2 Italy 2
    Italy 1-1 Czech Republic (Del Piero/Nedved) :cool::strong:

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Stupendous Man ] ++
    Whether Trap had decided to only call up 3 players from the big teams doesn't matter if the replacement (delvecchio) is not any better than someone who could not only help the team now, but possibly help the team in June if the forwards start losing their form (Bazzani).

I can't see Delvecchio being an integral part of this squad in a few months, whereas Bazzani, at his current pace, could get some quality playing time.

Loyalties aside, Trap's job is to get the best players available for his team, and to get other players ready for NT action should it be necessary.
    How do you know that Bazzani can step up the transformation from club level to international level and since when can he play 2 roles. You guys think it is just that simple to be a manager, just pick what is your opinion only, the best players and you have a squad. Do u think it is that simple? No matter how good the players are if they cannot gel then thats the end of it. Delvecchio can play as a striker and left hand side of the midfield which is handy if something goes wrong in either wing, at least he can do a competent job. There is Vieri and Corradi in the squad so what exactly is the point in calling up Bazzani? Yes he is doing well for a medium club like Sampdoria but does that mean you should just get rid of people who have helped in the past or have u forgotten that Delvecchio scored against France in 2002 and taking him off was one of the reasons , Italy lost as he was disturbing the hell out of Desailly and Blanc but Montella was brought on and France just completely took over. As long as Vieri and Corradi are fit there is no need for Bazzani, if they are not fit then he can come into the equation

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    But the point is that I do not particularly care whether he goes or not , I am not trying to prove if I know better from your insinuations , all I am saying is that there is no point in having 3 big strikers in your squad if none of them are flexible

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Ok, let me ask you this.

As of right now, who is playing better out of the 3.

Bazzani, Vieri, or Corradi. In my opinion, its Bazzani. Since this is only a friendly, what would the harm be or have been if Trap had called him up to play in this match? He's an exciting player to watch, far more entertaining, at least to me, then the other 2, and he's having a great season.

Didn't mean to insinuate that you were trying to prove that you knew more. My apologies. Having a lousy morning :D

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    How do you know that Bazzani can step up the transformation from club level to international level and since when can he play 2 roles. You guys think it is just that simple to be a manager, just pick what is your opinion only, the best players and you have a squad. Do u think it is that simple? No matter how good the players are if they cannot gel then thats the end of it. Delvecchio can play as a striker and left hand side of the midfield which is handy if something goes wrong in either wing, at least he can do a competent job. There is Vieri and Corradi in the squad so what exactly is the point in calling up Bazzani? Yes he is doing well for a medium club like Sampdoria but does that mean you should just get rid of people who have helped in the past or have u forgotten that Delvecchio scored against France in 2002 and taking him off was one of the reasons , Italy lost as he was disturbing the hell out of Desailly and Blanc but Montella was brought on and France just completely took over. As long as Vieri and Corradi are fit there is no need for Bazzani, if they are not fit then he can come into the equation

first of all that match was in 2000 ,,,, 4 years ago ,,,, i agree with u that he played well in that match ,,,but now !!! he is not even a sub at roma !!! what about calling baggio again he did wel at 1994 worldcup ,, if we did not try any new players at freindlies when will they get thier chances ( i dont mean bazzani ) delveccio now is baaaaad really bad with no pace and skills and he is at his last 2 seasons of his career at siere A ( i can bet on this ) so picking him at national level is like a joke

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Stupendous Man ] ++
    Ok, let me ask you this.

As of right now, who is playing better out of the 3.

Bazzani, Vieri, or Corradi. In my opinion, its Bazzani. Since this is only a friendly, what would the harm be or have been if Trap had called him up to play in this match? He's an exciting player to watch, far more entertaining, at least to me, then the other 2, and he's having a great season.

Didn't mean to insinuate that you were trying to prove that you knew more. My apologies. Having a lousy morning :D
    Maybe but Vieri is numero uno and Trap is probably trying to find out if Vieri Dp and Totti would work well against top qualityu opposition which Czech rep surely is and personally I prefer Corradi to Bazzani but it is a personal preference as I have not seen enuff of Bazzani to say anything

As for Delvecchio , I am not a fan but he can play in 2 positions and has never let Italy down in the past , his club form is irrelevant as that has no bearing in international level except you are naturally world class and have gr8 mental strength

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I don't have an issue with Vieri, DP, and Totti playing. I understand that they need to find some sort of continuity, and playing against the Czech Republic is a good test. However, they are probably only going to play 60 minutes, maximum.

If Trap already knows what he has with Delvecchio, why bring him up to play in this match? My personal preference is to try to A) Figure out what combinations can work well, and B) once you've come to that conclusion, give players who are rarely or if ever capped an opportunity to play, especially if the player is creating a lot of buzz and is having a good year, as in Bazzani's case.

A lot can happen between now and June, whether through injuries or being off-form, and I think that these types of matches can be a great testing ground.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Di Vaio and Miccoli are nowhere near the level right now that Bazzani is at.

Di Natale I can agree with, but I would still choose Bazzani.

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
    Not happening, they haven't lost for aaaaaaages - I think it's since November or something, but Gli Azzurri of late are a goddamn force when they get down to it and tonight, they will!
    Italia 3 - 1 Czech Rep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)