Feb 24, 2006
aod1984 said:
hows this for a line up

Buffon
Oddo------------Canna------Nesta---------Pasqual

Perotta--Pirlo---DeRossi

Camo---------DelPiero
Toni

Unlikely. Camo and DP behind the lone striker? I just don't see that happening.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
bremens Klose will play for germany, and lehmann should be in goal as wc2006 site says, though they should prefer hilderbrand....

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
i have to say its rather stupid actually that german-italy met in the time when two italian clubs met german clubs.

milan italians will injure ballack
juve italians will injure klose

:D

OP
sateeh

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #34
    am guessing the game was made long before the CL draw..

i think abbiati deserved a call up, balza outside chance but not at the moment few years later i think he will earn it.
    De Sanctis amazes sometimes more than Gigi does, sometimes he can be the best in the World, i dont know why Lippi didnt give him a chance when Gigi was injured.

To the german team now,
    i think this would be the formation

------------------------------lehmann------------------------------------------
    --------Fredirich-------------Meterascker------Huth(Metzelder)------lahm----

--------deisler-----------Ballack-------Frings-----------------schneider-----

-------------------Klosee----------------Asamoah(podolski)--------------------------

if we take a look at the squad closely:

Lehmann: hes dooing very well with arsenal(although his team is unstable) but with that defence hes got hes doing very well.

Lahm:getting back to his old best, but not yet.. hes solid enough in the LB position.

Huth: not playing regularly for chelsea, i dont trust him one bit.. he looks solid though.But i think the italy strikers wont have a tough time when hes there.

Metzelder: i liked this guy since 2002, but the main problem with metzy is that he isnt playing regularly in Dortmund, and he was the captain there for a while.

Meterascker: put on some good performances lately especially against might bayern, i see him as a star of the future..

fredirich: his club isnt doing well, but arne always does welll for the Manschaftt, so hes the most dependable in defence.

Ballack: ppl see him as the midfielder in europe these days, the captain is carrying bayern on his shoulders, and German fans will expect the same for Germany.Italian midfield will have a hard time with him especially that gattuso is out.

frings: putting some great performances too, especially the one against the bianconerii in CL.

Schneider: adds a bit creative touch the midfield, although hes old and slow, but wat hes has the Schweni doesnt is that he can give one pass or shot thats just a killer.And hes been playing well too.

Deisler:played well on the weekend for bayern, been involved in 3 goals..so he will cuz some problems on the right side with his pace and quality crosses.

Klose:doing well too, just returned to the german squad.But i think he can be held by Nesta with no problems.

Asamoah:playing well but again i dont think he has the quality to cause any problems for canna or nesta.

podolski:playing awful and his team is likely to go down and get relegated. He will need to be on the top of his game to cause in problems.

Prediciton: With the recent problems in the German squad, i dont think they will have the concentration to beat italy.Its either a draw or a win for italy , but we will see a good game imo

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
    ahead said:
    Italy's squad:

Goalies: Buffon (Juventus), Amelia (Livorno), De Sanctis (Udinese)

Def: Barzagli (Palermo), Cannavaro (Juventus), Grosso (Palermo), Materazzi (Inter), Nesta (Milan), Oddo (Lazio), Pasqual (Fiorentina), Zaccardo (Palermo)

Mids: Barone (Palermo), Camoranesi (Juventus), De Rossi (Roma), Diana (Sampdoria), Gattuso (Milan), Perrotta (Roma), Pirlo (Milan);

Forwords: Del Piero (Juventus), Gilardino (Milan), Iaquinta (Udinese), Toni (Fiorentina), Vieri (Monaco)

My formation:

Buffon
    Oddo-Nesta-Cannavaro-Grosso
    Gattuso
    Camo-Pirlo
    Del Piero
    Gilardino-Toni

Probable formation:

Buffon
    Oddo-Cannavaro-Nesta-Grosso
    Camo- Gattuso- Pirlo-Del Piero
    Toni- Vieri

Prediction:
    1:1 Klose and Toni with the goals
    Gattuso is injured

No way dp as a Midfilder

k0k0

Nov 28, 2005
    Stephan said:
    i have to say its rather stupid actually that german-italy met in the time when two italian clubs met german clubs.

milan italians will injure ballack
    juve italians will injure klose

:D
    :agree: :D

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    Lippi conferma il tridente
    28 02 2006
    Marcello LIppi AP
    La Nazionale italiana conferma con il tridente: nonostante l'infortunio di Francesco Totti, addirittura a rschio di partecipazione al Mondiale di giugno, Marcello Lippi sembra aver deciso di continuare sulla strada tracciata in questo biennio.

Anche nell'ultimo allenamento alla viglia dell'amichevole di domani sera a Firenze contro la Germania, il commissario tecnico degli Azzurri ha infatti provato il 4-3-3.

La novità è rappresentata da Alex Del Piero al posto di Totti, sempre che di novità di possa parlare, nel senso che durante le numerose assenze del "Pupone" è spesso già stato il "Pinturicchio" a sostituirlo nell'undici titolare.

Resta ovviamente da verificare che tipo di tridente sarà: se con il giallorosso lo schema prevedeva lui leggermente arretrato alle spalle delle due "torri", con il bianconero si potrebbe pensare ad una soluzione con Alex leggeremente defilato ed arretrato sulla sinstra, per una sorta di via di mezzo tra il 4-3-3 e il 4-4-2.

L'altra indicazione arrivata oggi è la conferma di Cristian Zaccardo come terzino destro: se infatti Grosso partirà titolare soprattutto per l'assenza di Zambrotta, il palermitano sembra aver respinto il primo assalto di Massimo Oddo, da molti visto come il candidato numero uno per il ruolo tra qualche mese.

Anche qui bisognerà poi attendere il ritorno di un giocatore, nello specifico di Gianluca Zambrotta: Lippi potrebbe infatti anche decidere di confermare Grosso a sinistra e lasciare lo juventino a destra.

Magari ne sapremo di più nelle prossime due amichevoli, quelle contro la Svizzera il 31 maggio a Ginevra, e contro l'Ucraina (sede da stabilire), nella speranza che il termine ultimo per la presentazione delle liste venga intanto spostato da al 15 maggio al 22, giorno attualmente fissato per il raduno, cosa che renderebbe più facile verificare le condizioni di Totti tra tra mesi.

Ecco, per finire, quella che dovrebbe essere la formazione scelta da Lippi per domani sera:
    Italia (4-3-3): Buffon; Zaccardo, Cannavaro, Nesta, Grosso; Camoranesi, Pirlo, De Rossi; Gilardino, Toni, Del Piero.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Lippi opts for trident attack
    Tuesday 28 February, 2006
    Italy are expected to face Germany on Wednesday with an attacking trident containing Alex Del Piero, Alberto Gilardino and Luca Toni.

Despite the absence of the injured Francesco Totti, Tuesday’s training session seems to have underlined Marcello Lippi’s commitment to attack opponents.

There was a distinct possibility that Lippi would revert to a more cautious 4-4-2 system without Totti, but all the signs suggest that the Azzurri will line up with an elastic 4-3-3 formation in Florence.

Juventus captain Del Piero has been handed Totti’s shirt and he will be used as an offensive option on the left wing.

He seems almost certain to aid the attacking pair of Gilardino and Serie A top scorer Toni, especially as there are injury concerns regarding Christian Vieri.

The Monaco striker limped out of training this morning after twisting his ankle and is now a major doubt to feature against the World Cup hosts.

The midfield trio will probably consist of Andrea Pirlo, Mauro Camoranesi and Daniele De Rossi – the latter coming into the side in place of the injured Gennaro Gattuso.

Gigi Buffon returns in between the sticks after his injury problems and he’ll be guarded by Fabio Grosso, Alessandro Nesta and Fabio Cannavaro.

The only uncertainty for Lippi at this stage seems to be who he will select at right-back for tomorrow’s test.

Although Massimo Oddo of Lazio has been recalled, Palermo youngster Cristian Zaccardo was handed a 'first team bib’ in Tuesday’s practice match.

Italy probable: Buffon; Zaccardo, Cannavaro, Nesta, Grosso; Camoranesi, Pirlo, De Rossi; Gilardino, Toni, Del Piero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)