Italy-Stadium projects and developments (2 Viewers)

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
30K, not bad.

Udine is not a big city, so I guess a smaller stadium will provide a much better atmosphere as well they are getting brand new facilities and features.

Good move. :tup:

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Oh I see. I'm sure, I hope, the Udinese directors know what they're doing. They think shrinking the stadium capacity will provide a better atmosphere and for them to be able to control ticket prices better.

Serie A really needs to look better on TV, and this is a good start. Hopefully other smaller clubs follow suit.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Oh I see. I'm sure, I hope, the Udinese directors know what they're doing. They think shrinking the stadium capacity will provide a better atmosphere and for them to be able to control ticket prices better.

Serie A really needs to look better on TV, and this is a good start. Hopefully other smaller clubs follow suit.
A very good point also. What do people think when they tune in to see the likes of Parma, Cagliari, and the San Paolo playing at those dilapidated stadiums or temporary stands in Cagliari's case.

Have you ever noticed the grass growing around the San Paolo's running track? Can they not afford to pay someone to trim that stuff?

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
If I was a viewer tuning in on BeIN or RAI for the first time seeing those empty seats I would immediately be turned off. Its just so displeasing.

Hopefully that starts to change soon. There's no point in having a stadium you cannot fill all the time.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Too many owners who are not progressive enough and are happy to just have their little toy to play with and enjoy lording it over the locals up in their fancy seats, not giving two shits about the world around them moving on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)