Italy so far...what do you think (2 Viewers)

OP

dee dee

Apr 18, 2004
  • Thread Starter #41
    That said, there is a need to play something that is less dependent on DP now that Totti is out. Perhaps a flat 4-4-2? A midfield that is geared to winning most of the balls since there is little creative force left (that too even when Totti was in the fray). Gattuso, Pirlo and Zanetti as holding midfielders and Fiore as the sole attacking presence to receive the ball in the last third of the field?

Not that its the cure but a way I hope to get Italy out of jail? Dont blame Trapattoni for his lack of tactics when he has not been daring enough to bring the younger players and treat 2004 like Sacchi treated 1996 - experiment and bring in a new generation to end the current one which has been disappointing after Euro 2000.

The current situation at Euro 2004 is worse than WC1994 when Pagliuca got himself sent off and Baggio was replaced by Marchegiani. :down:

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by dee dee ] ++
    you are totally crap by insisting what I said is crap. Why? Cause what I said is the truth and truths are never crap for reasonable people. Only carp people would call truths crap.
    I think the carp people were extinct a thousand years ago due to extensive hunting.

Only crap people claim that what they say is absolute truth.

OP

dee dee

Apr 18, 2004
  • Thread Starter #45
    and gray hasnt proved a thing that what I said is a claim rather than an objective statement. Stop trying to be smarty pants coz u come off poorly. Eaglesnake, your warning is worth zilch. Final warning to WHO? Cant hear or see you, little fella.

Italy played much better in this game though that late equaliser means that we are no longer in control of our fate. DP did play well and I do hope for Italy's sake that he will continue to play well. If he plays well, he earns the kudos. When he plays badly, he gets criticism. Just like every other player. Dont see what the fuss from DP ultras is about. And I am not afraid to praise him when he does well, even if it means I am wrong.

Let us hope that Italy will win while Sweden and Denmark do not play for a draw. A 0-0 draw between Sweden and Denmark will mean that Italy has to win by 2 goals. A 1-1 draw between Sweden and Denmark will mean that Italy has to win by a minimum of 3-1, 4-2 etc or 3+ goals and NOT 2-0 (to avoid a coin toss tie-breaker?). A 2-2 draw between Sweden and Denmark will mean that Italy has to win by a minimum of 4-2, 5-3 etc or 3+ goals and NOT 2-0/3-1 (to avoid a coin toss tie-breaker). To be absolutely safe, Italy has to strive for a 3 goal win. Hope they do.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    blackmint, i responded becoz u said I had no brain, an attack which is personal and due to the fact that I castigated DP, using facts. You should recall what you said in personal terms before feigning innocence. Same applies for that crap-spouting eaglesnake. you are totally crap by insisting what I said is crap. Why? Cause what I said is the truth and truths are never crap for reasonable people. Only carp people would call truths crap.

As for people who refuse to face up to reality and get zinged when people criticise what they hold close to their hearts, pul-lease. DP was not the only person criticised by me. Totti, Vieri and the rest save for Zambrotta, Buffon and Nesta played ereally poorly. ARE U SUGGESTING THAT DP CANNOT BE CRITICISED AT ALL? Whatever happened to views and facts??

Anyway, looking at today's game against Sweden, all DP lovers....congrats. DP will be the main man as the little envious one wanted to be with his "I am not inferior to Totti" bravado. Well, lets see if he can live up to his claim. If not, the world would come down on him like a ton of bricks! Want to be a star? Then you have to take both sides of the role...the adulation and the responsibility.

Btw, Trapattoni was thinking of dropping DP before Totti got banned. So in a way, DP lovers can rejoice for the next few hours that DP will be the creator behind Cassano and Vieri. We will see. Am sure the DP "blindees" will say that he CANNOT be criticised even if he sucks one more time. He can be a star, but not a culprit? Is DP God or what?
    :blah:

:LOL:

Ah god dee dee, you are class :thumb: you gotta love this guy :LOL:

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    I think that they should never play football again after there shameful display against bulgaria and in euro2004 in general

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    DP sucked bad. Most of the team sucked bad. Spot on with the response "when will he (DP) be on form?". The only ones who played well were Buffon, Nesta and Zambrotta. Had hoped that the team would play well barring DP who I regard as a gone case. No expectations for him - anything good would be a nice surprise.

Totti played as if he had way too much load on his shoulders - no thanks to the usual NT coach's perchant for singling individuals to place all hopes on. His freekicks were an embarrassment. Vieri was clueless. DP (the envious one and totally underserving of any singling out for sure) was ineffective, but not silly (credit to him for not sitting on the match ball like he did previously). The much vaunted attacking trident is way way too overrated. Dont expect Italy to get very far in the competition - they couldnt even pass the ball well like they used to in WC 2002 and Euro 2000.

Spain and France look the strongest so far. Attacking invention wise, it would be Spain even with the Raul woes. Look at the way they were passing the ball! France, though they were trailing for much of the game, demonstrated that they are the strongest side to beat (that too with an attack that never really penetrated against England). Italy, for that matter, was worse than Portugal. They have let the favourites tag hang around their necks so heavily - they play better when they are without such expectations. All that pre-Euro 2004 hype and the bickering (thanks to the EGOISTIC farts DP, Fiore, Gattuso) have so far undermined their cause.
    I just have to do some head scratching on this on, first its in a Juventus forum instead of Euro2004, then its under player talk when the title is about how the Italian team did, then it starts with the customary bashing of Dp, well nothing new there seeing who the author is
    Well interesting analysis if ultimately pointless as everyone knows you cannot judge anyone on 1 match alone and alas Spain went out before Italy and France were clueless almost throut with the "best player in the world" Henry , doing little but hey its never interesting until we bash Dp so carry on bashing

OP

dee dee

Apr 18, 2004
  • Thread Starter #49
    well u get more credit commenting at that point in time rather than hindsight. anyone can comment on hindsight....where were you to rebut me then?

fact of matter is DP bombed abysmally. didnt get that wrong. spain went out before italy coz its group matches were played first - DUH! Henry scored two goals while Dp got zilch? hello....anybody home O Denco the dense?

DP did said he would be a star and then asked for collective blame thereafter too. Not a good footballer and a spineless character too.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    well u get more credit commenting at that point in time rather than hindsight. anyone can comment on hindsight....where were you to rebut me then?

fact of matter is DP bombed abysmally. didnt get that wrong. spain went out before italy coz its group matches were played first - DUH! Henry scored two goals while Dp got zilch? hello....anybody home O Denco the dense?

DP did said he would be a star and then asked for collective blame thereafter too. Not a good footballer and a spineless character too.
    Dense? Oh my goodness, typical, when arguments exhausted, we revert to insults, petty ones at that
    Anyways the fact of the matter is that your claim to fame is Dp bashing, thats the only way you get ppl to interract with you on here

Henry scored 2 goals and missed about a zillion, most of them sitters and he is meant to be the best player in the world

Not a single game he played in the tournament that he deserved up 2 6 but come the premiership he would skin them alive because they give him so much space and very little resistance to do damage

He came into the tournament in red hot form while Dp came in with probably the worst form of his career so no surprises that he flopped but Henry, please whats the excuse at not being able to go past Ledley King, the same player for Spurs you have ridiculed time and time again in an Arsenal shirt

Italy did not fail because of Dp, they failed because they have one of the worst ever managers when it comes to guts in charge and yes he might have stunk in the opening games but so did Rossi in 82 and Baggio in 94 but we all know what happened to them once they got to the knockout stages so who is to say he would not have been that Euro star he talked about and why should he want to shoulder the blame by himself when it was not him that took off Cassano , gatusso and Dp and brought on Camoranesi amongst others and it was not he who decided that Perotta and Zanetti is the way to go in the first game and how was he to solicit for Sorensen's bizarre error in the 89th minute against Sweden

Not so dense eh?:D

OP

dee dee

Apr 18, 2004
  • Thread Starter #52
    on top of saying on the hindsight, u are stating a case based on conjecture! well DP will be a world class player in the fantasy games that the likes of u play in Championship Manager etc. The big IFs have obvious seduced you. Dream on. DP is and will always be a dud when it comes to big-time international football tournament finals. His time has almost run out. Certainly hope that Lippi has more spine to leave him out henceforth since he is so UGH spineless a character and footballer.

As for DP being the sole cause of Italy's failure at Euro 2004, DP is not so great that Italy has to rely on him, save for the 1998 WC finals, which of course saw him failing abysmally, injuries or not. Never said he was the sole cause anyway. To quote one of the fellow forum particpiants,
    mate Del Piero sucked badly (all goals oportunity wasted, not an assist, not a good ball 4 his teammates, not one single dribbling winned, so many balls losed, so many passing failed) esactly the same of WC 1998 and EURO 2000 but he is not the "scapegoat", there is already a "scapegoat" and it is Trapattoni infact he was sacked as soon as Italy was kicked out of the EURO.
    Fact of matter is Henry scored 2 goals while DP had 0 goals and 0 assists. Based on the facts and benchmarks that most fans had for him, he had failed them even when they had minimal expectations of him. Period. Get a grip on reality. One more thing, DP did say that he will be a star and he didnt make it -obviously he felt that he was up to it, his recent club form notwithstanding. Being a DP worshipper, who are you to disagree with him??

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Ouch! Dee dee, you'd better be careful - Del Piero fans tend to take exception to reality when it comes to his performances. ;)

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    on top of saying on the hindsight, u are stating a case based on conjecture! well DP will be a world class player in the fantasy games that the likes of u play in Championship Manager etc. The big IFs have obvious seduced you. Dream on. DP is and will always be a dud when it comes to big-time international football tournament finals. His time has almost run out. Certainly hope that Lippi has more spine to leave him out henceforth since he is so UGH spineless a character and footballer.

As for DP being the sole cause of Italy's failure at Euro 2004, DP is not so great that Italy has to rely on him, save for the 1998 WC finals, which of course saw him failing abysmally, injuries or not. Never said he was the sole cause anyway. To quote one of the fellow forum particpiants,

Fact of matter is Henry scored 2 goals while DP had 0 goals and 0 assists. Based on the facts and benchmarks that most fans had for him, he had failed them even when they had minimal expectations of him. Period. Get a grip on reality. One more thing, DP did say that he will be a star and he didnt make it -obviously he felt that he was up to it, his recent club form notwithstanding. Being a DP worshipper, who are you to disagree with him??
    Your excesive obsesion to talk only about Del Piero and bash him constantly has lead the psychatric department of Juventuz to conclude that your a woman who have a kind of sexual frustration about Alex.

In case your not a woman, then the problem is much worst...:dazed:

OP

dee dee

Apr 18, 2004
  • Thread Starter #55
    and the critter of a snake speculates that I am a gal. Does it matter that I am a guy or gal?

Since when did gender or sex come into play. Either way, being male or female, my organ is visible to the naked eye. That stupid snake has no visible organ unless you use a powerful magnifying glass.

Slither away lest I piss on you, stupid snake. HA HA HA!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)