Italian Super Cup: Juve - Parma (1 Viewer)

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by xabigarmendia ] ++
We need videos , I have to see the goals, please has someone listen me???
If some channel within my reach will have the courtesy to show the game or some highlights I'll gladly record the goals for you.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Match analysis we were okay but not gr8, we won against not a very good side but caused us problems, we cannot afford to play with 2 wide men with the players we have as we were over run in the midfield without adequate cover for defence

Problems with the team, Nedved is putting us into probs as his position of attacking and leaving his defender on the flank will cause probs when we play a good side with good wide men. Tacchinardi is a passenger we cannot afford anymore as he neither covers the attack or helps the defence

We need more creativity as everyone knows and if anything and i mean anything happens to Dp we are in the deep u know what.

We are very solid though i have to say and with a few alterations we will be the team to beat again but another striker is a must

Sp was all over the place defending and attacking, Camo was a huge let down, baiocco tried his best, Montero is showing signs of wear and tear, Buffon was magnificent as usual, Iuliano did his normal good things and stupid things, zalayeta shook up the defenders when he came on, salas was very average and Brighi didnt do too much to be honest

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
It makes me a bit uncertain that Gigi have to be excellent in order for us to win a game. That's my impression of our games so far this season anyways...

JuvenYang

Jul 26, 2002
Thank you very much, denco!

Let's wait for serie A, and....hope Moggi will bring some qualified players into our squad. I'm a little bit worrying about our team although we win this cup.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Alessandro Del Piero was the hero of the hour as his brace handed Juventus the Italian Supercup against a brave Parma outfit.

These two historic rivals faced off for the Serie A version of the Charity Shield in an unusual Libyan location.

The Scudetto winners traditionally host this match, but it was feared the attendance at the Stadio Delle Alpi in full holiday season would not be sufficient to build an atmosphere.

As Colonel Gheddafi’s son is a Juventus fan and owns 7% of the club, it was decided to take the Supercup abroad.

It’s not the first time this has happened as the 1993 Final won by Milan was played in Washington DC as a taster for the USA ’94 World Cup.

The pitch caused problems right from the start as sand had been put down to compact the grass, making close ball control a touch difficult.

Mauro Camoranesi’s early header was the first opportunity, whistling just past the upright.

Parma steadily grew in confidence and brought saves out of Gianluigi Buffon with Marco Marchionni and Hidetoshi Nakata efforts from distance.

However, it was Juventus who broke the deadlock just before the break with Alessandro Del Piero.

The Italian international latched on to an impressive Marcelo Salas pass before sliding a low drive past the helpless Sebastien Frey.

A disappointing Adriano was replaced at half-time and Parma went extremely close to snatching an equaliser on 51 minutes.

New captain Marco Di Vaio smashed his shot at Buffon, but failed to turn in the ricochet as the chance went begging.

The former Salernitana man was even more unfortunate soon after when his fierce right foot drive rattled the crossbar.

Di Vaio was finally rewarded for his efforts on 64 minutes with a precise angled drive that left Buffon with no chance.

The draw did not last long. Substitute Marcelo Zalayeta made an immediate impact and within 60 seconds of stepping onto the field set up a delightful assist that Del Piero could not fail to convert.

Parma refused to give in but Emiliano Bonazzoli’s header was well-gathered by the Bianconeri number one.

Former Perugia midfielder Davide Baiocco could have sealed the scoreline with a tremendous piledriver from 30 metres, but the crossbar clipped his enthusiasm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus: Buffon; Thuram, Iuliano, Montero, Moretti (Birindelli 69); Camoranesi (Brighi 46), Baiocco, Tacchinardi, Nedved; Del Piero, Salas (Zalayeta 72)

Parma: Frey; Diana, Falsini, Bonera, Ferrari; Marchionni, Donati (Barone 62), Lamouchi, Nakata; Adriano (Bonazzoli 46), Di Vaio

Ref: Farina

Football Italia

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #156
    Wow, It was a great feeling .. winning the Cup and looking at our players celebrating and congratulating our hero, DEL PIERO !! He didn't let his fans in Libyia disappointed, with his silky moves and the two great goals. The atmosphere was great, the fans cheering everytime he touched the ball, and roared whenever he scored !! The most important thing is the happiness that I saw in Del Piero after the match, it filled my heart with joy :touched:

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #157
    Marcello Lippi has praised his Supercup-winning side as Alessandro Del Piero’s brace gave Juve their first trophy of the season.

“We performed very well for an hour of this match,” he told reporters after the final whistle of their 2-1 win over Parma, “then had a few problems containing their pace.”

“That was when my men had to put their heart and soul out onto the field to boost our tired legs. I’d say our victory was deserved.”

Captain Del Piero is often accused of not making an impact in the big games, but the Italian international scored both goals in this hard-fought encounter.

“Del Piero was very generous on the pitch, bringing in the right spirit that makes him battle like a defender. He is the real soul of this team.”

The man himself was pleased with the result and his first thoughts were for the Bianconeri squad.

“We are all tired but very happy,” said Del Piero while clutching the trophy. “It was tough because in the second half Parma really put us under pressure.”

“This victory belongs to everyone, and we proved that we can suffer and make sacrifices in order to get a result.”

While Juventus celebrate their captain, Parma may be saying goodbye to theirs. Rumours continue to circulate that Marco Di Vaio will be sold this summer with Inter and Juve showing interest.

“I just read the papers with curiosity and occasionally a hint of worry,” commented Coach Cesare Prandelli. “As for Di Vaio’s future, I shall follow whatever the club decides to do.”

Di Vaio is already showing the kind of form that saw him challenge for the Capocannoniere crown last season, but the hitman could not enjoy the attention.

“Compliments make you happy,” he noted, “but you can’t really appreciate them while watching the other team lift trophies.”

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Thanks for the commentary DENCO!!!!!!!

What channels don't you get ???!!!!

Now that Chiesa is gone, we should go after DiVaio as a 3rd striker. We all know that injuries are imminent, so we MUST be prepared !!!!

FORZA JUVE !!!!!!!!!

FORZA ALE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)