Italian Super Cup: Juve - Parma (1 Viewer)

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #41
    I think this match will give us a stern test of what our squad is capable of. This will be Salas' first official match for Juve after the terrible injury, hope he does well tonight.

FORZA JUVE !!

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #42
    Its not usual that two teams who will face each other fly on the same plane. But today it has happened: Juventus and Parma together have travelled to Tripoli. ‘’It's a positive atmosphere’’, Marcello Lippi said, ‘’I know it's unusual to see two teams travelling together, but competitiveness and determination are ever the same’’.

''I’m sorry for fans, who will be forced to watch the match on tv. We have a lot of motivations to win the Supercup, its a prestigious trophy. But Parma is a difficult opponent trained by a young and good coach’’.

"We don't have to be misled by the summer friendly matches. Actually, who lose them, the same wins the official match. This is the reason for which I have a lot respect for Parma but also I trust Juventus very much. We'll miss some players but we are a solid team and we give the proper attention to this match".

Lippi hasn't revealed anything yet about the team who will play in the Italian Supercup.

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #43
    During the journey from Milan to Tripoli, Alex Del Piero speaks with the journalists and comments on a quite unusual situation for Italian football: opponents on the same airplane and with the refereee and the Lega group on it too.

The captain seems happy about this experience. “It’s an unusual situation. Usually there’s a lot of attention to keep the referes away from the teams while today everything is considered normal. For what attains me, there’s no problem at all. We are relaxed and calm, but we’re all already thinking about the match. The fact of playing in a neutral stadium actually gives us the atmosphere of playing in a final”

Alex doesn’t forget the Italian supporters: “I don’t know if when Milan and Turin played in New York they were followed by their supporters. In this case the Italian fans will have to follow the match on tv”.

Lippi hasn’t revealed the team yet but the journalists ask to Del Piero a comment on the fact of playing with Salas: “Till now, we haven’t played very much together. I confirm what Marcelo said in the previous days, we have similar characteristics but we want to change this thing into an advantage. One of the positive things about that, for example, it’s that we know how we prefer to receive the ball”.

JuvenYang

Jul 26, 2002
    These the announced formations:

Juventus (4-4-2): 1 Buffon, 21 Turam, 2 Ferrara, 4 Montero, 24 Moretti, 27 Brighi, 3 Tacchinardi, 20 Baiocco, 11 Nedved, 10 Del Piero, 9 Salas. (12 Chimenti, 15 Birindelli, 13 Iuliano, 6 Fresi, 14 Zenoni, 16 Camornesi, 27 Zalayeta). Trainer Marcello Lippi.

Parma (4-4-2): 1 Frei, 2 Diana, 5 Bonera, 21 Ferrari, 3 Falsini, 8 Lamouchi, 29 Donati, 10 Nakata, 7 Marchionni, 9 Adrian, 20 Di Vaio (22 Taffarel, 28 P. Cannavaro, 24 Siviglia, 16 Junior, 4 Gresco, 15 Matusalem, 11 Bonazzoli). Trainer: Cesar Prandelli.

JuvenYang

Jul 26, 2002
    You're welcome, vitoria.

Vinman??? Have you found any better sources? And fortunately, denco is here, I think he is lucky and great in live comments!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)