ITALIAN please (1 Viewer)

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
Heyho :D

I started to learn Italian - at least I tried - so are there people out there who have experiences in learning this language as second language? Maybe you know some methods/ books or web-resources. Or just tell me how you managed to learn it. Thanks anyway!! :thumb:

Buy on AliExpress.com

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i tried learning italian simply by using babelfish.....which obviously doesnt work, the translation is wrong most of the time :fero: :fero: so i just stopped learning now :p i dont know italian at all.....just a few simple words. i wanna learn, but dont have time....nor money to take classes :D

mybe when u've learend it, u can teach me....:D

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I use RAI 3 to learn the footballing terms ..... Wish I could do more than that though.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I study Italian - I can highly recommend the Rete! series as learning material. Find it at www.rete.co.it

There are some other books I use but those are Dutch-Italian and though our languages look alike, I would imagine you want a German version ;)

OP
kurvengeflüster

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
Jan 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
    I study Italian - I can highly recommend the Rete! series as learning material. Find it at www.rete.co.it

There are some other books I use but those are Dutch-Italian and though our languages look alike, I would imagine you want a German version ;)
    oh no I think it's a motivation to learn Italian with Dutch - keep it as simple as possible but not too simple!!! :D thanks for your recommondation!!! :thumb:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    You're welcome.

Also, don't you have those institutions that allow you to work at home? We have the NTI and the LOI which send you study material and they assign a tutor. Once per week you send in your assignments and he/she reviews it for you. In case of learning a language you also have to send a tape with pronunciation exercises.

I studied languages that way before - it's great! You can make your own schedule. Of course, it DOES require discipline.

OP
    kurvengeflüster

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
    Jan 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    Oh that sounds really cool and suggestive. I've never heard about such institutions in Germany but I'll take a look around here. Otherwise I'll have to learn Dutch and then I can take part in NTI or LOI! Thx!!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Personally I learnt Italia by watching Italian tv when I was a kid...by the age of 5 I was speaking it fluently but that's cos when you`re a small kid you learn much more incredibly enough. I don't know if watching another language on tv really helps when you`re older but give it a try.

OP
    kurvengeflüster

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
    Jan 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    You're welcome.

Also, don't you have those institutions that allow you to work at home? We have the NTI and the LOI which send you study material and they assign a tutor. Once per week you send in your assignments and he/she reviews it for you. In case of learning a language you also have to send a tape with pronunciation exercises.

I studied languages that way before - it's great! You can make your own schedule. Of course, it DOES require discipline.
    how much did you approximately pay for a course? I found some institutions here in Germany and I'd like to compare a bit :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Hmm that's a good question. It's been a while. I think I paid around 300 Dutch Guilders which is ... er ... around 130 euros in total :)

Aug 1, 2003
    I watch spanish and thai dramas and I'm still not that good at it :undecide:

I listen to rammstein everyday so my german is limited to their lyrics :down:

The only Italian I know --> Anni attacante, anni difensore... but I did buy this "help yourself to learn italian" or sth like that, it was really useful. You know how in english you say I feel hot ? If you apply it to Italian it will mean that you think you're hot :D

Amr

Dec 25, 2003

gr8 site dude :cheesy::angel:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)