Italian giants in Ruud link (1 Viewer)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Internazionale and Milan are both reportedly following Ruud van Nistelrooy's situation at Manchester United closely.

The Dutch striker has been continually left out of The Red Devils' starting line-up in recent weeks, with manager Sir Alex Ferguson preferring to opt for Wayne Rooney and Louis Saha.

The team have chalked up three consecutive wins in his absence and played some of their most impressive football of the season, leading to widespread speculation that van Nistelrooy is considered expendable and could be allowed to leave in the summer.

Several top clubs across Europe are bound to have taken notice, with Italian giants Milan and Inter emerging as two of the clubs to be linked with him.

Reports in Italy suggest that both are ready to enter the race for The Premiership's joint top scorer, who is valued at around €15 million (£10.4 million).

Both clubs are extremely strong in the striking department, but are keen to strengthen their squads ahead of next season.

Source: Skysports

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
china man said:
ruud wonn even survive in seria a
Actually, he should do okay in Serie A, providing his injuries haven't actually finished him. His biggest weakness in the EPL is his poor pace, which would be less of an issue in Italy. I'd agree that he's the poor man's Trezeguet, though he used to be better, or at least fitter for longer.

barış

he has a good finishing ability and it is enough for a striker in premier league but serie a requires much more than this

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
I dont know about inter, but milan dafinatly do not have shortage in strikers.....unless a surprise move for shev to chelsea. heck, chelsea can go for RVN themseleves, he already proved himself in the epl

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
barış said:
he has a good finishing ability and it is enough for a striker in premier league but serie a requires much more than this
He's got damn near a goal a game in the Champions league, and was for a time the best striker in Holland. You're kidding yourself if you think van Nistelrooy wouldn't "make it" in Serie A. Whether he's up to keeping Inzagi out of the Milan team is another matter, but a good striker is still a good striker, and the nonsense Serie A fans come out with so regularly is farcical.

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
My god I hate Ruud, there is no other player that acts as much as he does. This guys looks like he got shot everytime somebody gets near him.
As much as I hate him, his finishing ability is as good if not better than Trez. Problem is that his finishing ability has been on the decline for awhile now. More reason to hate the Milano clubs :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Azzurri7 said:
Ruud is only good in finishing. So I wouldn't say he's a damn good forward.
<insert player> is only good in <insert skill>. So I wouldn't say he's a damn good <insert position>.

Simplistic argument. To make it sound silly, throw in Trezeguet, finishing and striker, or Roberto Carlos, long range shots and left back, or Henry, pace and striker, or Buffon, shot stopping and goalkeeper. No one, and I mean no one, scores 50+ goals in the Champions league without being very, very good. Look up how many players have done it, and think about it. I think it's in the region of five. Del Piero is one, Raul, van Nistelrooy and a couple of older players.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
For me a good portion of his success at Man Utd was due to how much an excellent supporting cast depended on him for goals; for at least two years he was the only potent source of goals and the 4-4-1-1 was often played. At neither Milan nor Inter will he be their main and only targetman with the likes of Sheva, Gilardino, Adriano, Martins etc. so I doubt he'd be as much of a hit here. That said he does come with his pedigree, as much as I dislike him his record is impressive.

Mar 31, 2006
Ruuds link up play is great, he is incredible at beating the offside trap, and there is no greater finisher in the world...Ruud van Nistelrooy is the best striker in the world, regardless of whether he looks like a horse or a smelly welly. However, I don't see him going to Serie A, I thought he would leave United, but Fergie doesn't make someone who has no use to him his captain, and he did on Wednesday, and Ruud vindicated the decision. How anyone can call a twenty five/thirty goal a season man overrated is beyond me, he is everything Trezeguet wants to be.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
I think Trez y better than he.
I think he will go to Inter. They need a good finisher, unless Adriano recover his fit. But Adriano is linking to Madrid and Chelsea. So, Inter sell Adriano, get the $ and buy Rud.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)