Italia vs Yugoslavia (1 Viewer)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Don't call it anymore Italian National team.... :down: Call it Trap team! This team does not belong to italians... WE ALL WANT ROBERTO BAGGIO END WE ALL HATE TRAP! So this team do not rapresent us... :frown: Is unbelivable how all the pools, all the forum all the TV schow are agree... But the federation did not fire Trap yet I think he will not be so welcome in Naples... I'm going to bet about he will be so booed...

Buy on AliExpress.com

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
I would say yes, it is possible for both to play, it would be a waste of talent to only pay one of them, they are Italy's 2 best creative players IMO.

As for numbers, of course DP would get number 10, he is better than Totti, and since both get number 10 for their clubs, the NT number 10 should go to the star forward, which IMO is a certain Alessandro Del Piero.
well, i'm convinced... someone call trap and tell him something along the lines of "welcome to dumpsville, population you"

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
After the disastrous end to last summer's World Cup, where Italy rarely played an entertaining game thereby fuelling the 'defensive Italy' stereotype, the whole country asked Trap for a more offensive minded style of play.

On Saturday evening, when Italy begin their quest to qualify for the 2004 European Champioinships against Yugoslavia, this is the answer the most stubborn trainer on planet Earth will give the Italiani:

Buffon; Panucci, Nesta, Cannavaro; Oddo, Di Biagio, Tommasi, Zauri; Pirlo; Inzaghi, Del Piero

I don't know how this formation is called in the rest of the world, but here in Italy we call this a 5-3-2 line-up, disguised as a 3-5-2 one. What are Oddo and Zauri doing on the Italian midfield's wings? There is no doubt they are good players, but in their respective teams, namely Lazio and Atalanta, these two guys play as left backs in a 4-4-2, with a wing in front of them, something they won't find on Saturday in Naples.

Furthermore the presence of Oddo, who played only 45 minutes in this season so far, raises some other doubts on Trapattoni's ways. Trap should start calling players who are in top shape, not those who he believes can be helpful but aren't demonstrating this in the Italian league.

It's really hard to understand why he has never selected players like Tedesco, Maresca, Corini and Marcello Castellini, all of whom have maintained an impressive standard of quality in their performances over the last two seasons.

The third issue regards another strange habit of the veteran trainer, who seems to love fielding players in a different position compared to the one they cover in the respective clubs. For example, against Yugoslavia Andrea Pirlo will surely replace Totti as the offensive midfielder behind Inzaghi and Del Piero. The Milan youngster has been playing superbly in this first part of the season, but he has been doing so in a totally different zone of the field. Carlo Ancelotti transformed him into a fantastic old-style playmaker, a point of reference who plays in front of his defensive line.

This has already occurred several times in the past. Del Piero is a striker, and he was often forced to play as an offensive midfielder, something he doesn't like at all, and the same applies to Atalanta's Cristiano Doni, who surely has great offensive skills but plays on the left wing and not in the middle.

As an Italian, I do hope that Trapattoni will succeed in these experiments. But I'm very skeptical, to say the least.

(Source: soccerage.com )

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
i like that idea better than mine :)

could we possibly lower him to blades slowly, so he loses his feet first, then doesn't have a leg to stand on, and generally endures excruciating pain before his eventual death?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I'm surprised no one in Italy (like Sagha) has hung him in the street like they did to Mussollini.

Are they getting soft over there ??

btw, even though I'm not a big fan of Albertini, he's still a better choice than Tomassi or Gattuso

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #60
    I don't understand Trap,and I don't think many either people worldwide do either. He consistently picks players who may be useful instead of players who are constantly performing for their clubs. I just don't understand this theory,and in my opinion it is more than unfair that a player like Tommasi will get to start tomorrow and either Ambrosini or Doni (both of whom have been playing well for their clubs) have to settle for a place on the bench. I just don't see the logic in that.

Anyways,at least he has finally decided to opt for a more attacking formation,i.e the one that Milan plays week in week out,I'm just a tad bit doubtful that this will work with the Azzurri. Anyways,I'm not the boss,that retarded brother of a nun is,so for now,he will have to make the choices,hopefully (very doubtful though) he will make the right choices.

Prediction : Italia 3 Yugoslavia 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)