Italia vs Yugoslavia (2 Viewers)

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
i don't think that's the case, u see there is no substitute for trap nowadays. lippi is with juve, capello will roma, ancelotti with milan, sacchi not fit enough to coach, vialli has no expreience, del neri hasn't proven himself at the big stage, mazzone not a fan's favourite, the only available coach is zach !!

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #26
    I agree that Trap should be sacked,but if the Azzurri lose against Yugoslavia or Wales then something is wrong,something that goes beyond having Trapattoni as coach. My opinion is,that with Trap or not,the NT should be able to get results and play good footie with the talent that they have. Nowadays the Azzurri struggle to score goals,and that shouldn't be happening. Look at our last few results,a 1-0 loss to Slovenia and a 2-0 win against Azerbaijan. Sure,scored twice,but one was an own goal and the other came from a free kick. This problem should not be occuring with the strike force that we have.

I think now that Pirlo and Ambrosini have proved their worth (in league games and in the recent friendly against the U-19 team) and now that Coco is injured Zauri or Oddo should be able to get a play.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Anastacia ] ++
    i don't think that's the case, u see there is no substitute for trap nowadays. lippi is with juve, capello will roma, ancelotti with milan, sacchi not fit enough to coach, vialli has no expreience, del neri hasn't proven himself at the big stage, mazzone not a fan's favourite, the only available coach is zach !!
    Does he have to be Italian?

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
    "me guy" ;) : here's the question to win my support:

is it possible to have dp and totti on the field *at the same time*? think hard about this one.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I would say yes, it is possible for both to play, it would be a waste of talent to only pay one of them, they are Italy's 2 best creative players IMO.

As for numbers, of course DP would get number 10, he is better than Totti, and since both get number 10 for their clubs, the NT number 10 should go to the star forward, which IMO is a certain Alessandro Del Piero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)