[ITA] Serie A 2012/2013 (143 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I am not saying it wasn't soft i.e. on a diff day it may well not have been given or another ref may well not have given it on the same day under the same circumstances. It's just that quite a few people here have "selective" reading skills and see what they assume I am saying and not what I am actually saying.

unless you are implying that I am Galliani, I don't see the rationale of you assuming what he may or may not say 3 years from now - what is being said here is between me and some other people; Galliani is of absolutely no relevance here.

I mentioned that episode from the Barca-Milan game as an example that's relevant to the existing situation. Whether and what you decide to read into it is up to you. Doubt one assumption more or less would make a huge difference, context considered.
I'm questioning AC Milan as a club not you as a poster, hence the Galliani mention, nothing personal. Selective reading skills or not, last night's penalty for Milan was the most predictable thing ever, was like watching a spoiled movie.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
This is all one big joke. In the 19 games since the winter break they have 6 penalties. Not that I care for Viola but they were robbed, not only today but through the half year long efforts of the figc to haul milan to a chl spot.

The sad is that we were all predicting this before the game started. Disgusting, utterly disgusting. Gentleman rivals :howler: bunch of thieving gypsies.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #23,532
    I feel sorry for Montella only. That said, I'm cheering for Italian teams in CL and Europa league next season like I always do. (Montella can go far in Europa League with Fiorentina).

Forza Italia.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Galliani went to hell and back
    By Football Italia staff

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani admits that he watched with horror as his club almost threw away third place in Serie A.

The Diavolo looked like they would be overtaken by Fiorentina last night as they trailed Siena, only to score twice in the last 10 minutes to ensure Champions League football next term.

“I’ve been to hell and back,” the official stated after the 2-1 win. “Six minutes from time we were out of the Champions League.

“It looked all over when Massimo Ambrosini was sent off, but no one takes a penalty like Mario Balotelli…

“We played poorly against Siena, but finishing third was fundamental for us.”

Galliani was also inevitably asked about the future of boss Massimiliano Allegri, a man linked with a move to Roma.

“He still has a year left on his contract so we have time to sit down and talk,” Galliani commented. “Over the last three years here, Milan have collected more points than Juventus.”

and

most points but least scudetti scudetto

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
    it was softish but a PK has been given for less ... and not given for more. One of those situations where you'd see some refs give it, while others not ... nothing out of the ordinary really but I am guessing the sky has fallen ten times over around these places (couldn't be bothered any less to go over the last 10-20 pages but I think I can paint a pretty decent pic about it based on past experiences :D).

Even if you call the PK a total gift, however, there was a situation earlier in the 2nd half where SES was being led 1-1 with Siena GK by a pass from Montolivo but it was called off for a non-existent offside. Don't be shocked if you don';t see this key moment mentioned by anyone else, though, if you know what I mean ... maybe Sal or Red could be among the few to be the exception to that rule but I guess that actually proves the rule, in the end of the day :p

That title by the pro-Inter, anti-Milan CdS is no surprise, though, and I am sure things around here wouldn't be any diff. for the most part. All in all, it wasn't the end-of-the-world corruption scandalous apocalypse people are likely making it out to be ... nothing you wouldn't see happen in your average game out there with probably Milan being part of it and the high stakes involved being the culprit for people crying foul.
    It's not like things would have been any diff if Milan won the game 5-0 - only then people would be saying that Siena, instead of the refs, sold the game.

All in all, tough luck for Fiorentina as they wouldn't have been undeservedly the 3rd italian team in the CL (or the qualifiers at least) had Milan not won today. I don't think they can look for excuses in today's result as they wasted too many points on their own but knowing their mentality, chances are right now they blame everyone else but themselves.
    Like Ambrosini you mean? Oh, and the red cards were laughable esp. Terlizzi's.

I want you to know that I still hate Inter more than you guys.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 143)