[ITA] Serie a 2006-07 (23 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
“My job is not to save Messina from relegation, but just to bring a more relaxed atmosphere.”
Why hire veteran Coach Bruno Bolchi when a DJ and a chillout room would suffice?

:lol2: Gotta love Football Italia.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
3 teams to go down, Messina and Ascoli will play in B next season but which team will be the third?

Cagliari 37
fixtures left: Fiorentina (A), v Roma (H), Ascoli (A)
Catania 37
Milan (H), Sampdoria (A), Chievo (H)
Livorno 36
Sampdoria (H), Torino (A), Atalanta (H)
Torino 36
Roma (A), Livorno (H), Internazionale (A)
Reggina 35
Chievo (H), Empoli (A), Milan (H)
Chievo 35
Reggina (A), Ascoli (H), Calcio Catania (A)
Parma 35
Messina (H), Lazio (A), Empoli (H)
Siena 34
Empoli (H), Palermo (A), Lazio (H)

If Torino doesn't beat Livorno I think they'll go down.

Really boring title race this year but the relegation battle will be really exciting.

Jul 5, 2005
FOR INTER MERDA:D

MARCO MATERAZZI:I'm called son of a whore

By BEN KINSELLA

MARCO MATERAZZI has pleaded with Italian fans not to chant “son of a whore” at him any more.

Yet that is exactly the taunt the Italy star used to provoke Zinedine Zidane’s infamous World Cup final headbutt.

Inter Milan defender Materazzi, who claimed his hearing with FIFA today went well, said: "It’s true that opposition fans sing ‘figlio di puttana’ — son of a whore — at me a lot.

"It has become a kind of a theme tune.

“But I hope non-Inter fans will now remember what I have done for Italy. If they sing it a bit less, that would be nice.”

Lip-readers said Materazzi insulted the French Algerian Zidane in extra-time during Sunday night’s showpiece in Berlin.

Zidane reacted by headbutting Materazzi in the chest.

The French midfielder, 34, was sent off in the last match of his career and Italy went on to win the final on penalties.

Materazzi was quizzed by FIFA investigators today.

But his agent Claudio Vigorelli said: "Marco was optimistic after the meeting. Everything went fine.

"He gave his version of what happened. He will not have to return to Zurich at a later stage."

The hearing was brought forward from July 20 as Materazzi is heading to the Maldivies on holiday this Sunday.

Vigorelli joked: "Do you know where Zidane will spend his holidays? It's just that the Maldives are small islands..."

Zidane insisted on French TV on Wednesday night that former Everton star Materazzi verbally abused his sister and mother.

FIFA opened disciplinary proceedings against Materazzi, 32, while Zidane has been invited to provide a written statement by July 18.

Materazzi will get a chance to respond before the players are called to a face-to-face hearing in Zurich on July 20.

The Italian said: “What was I supposed to do, put my head against his — come up with something stupid like I’ve done before?

“This incident hasn’t taken away my joy at winning the World Cup but it has suppressed it a bit.

“In Germany I made sure I didn’t miss anything — a goal, my sending off, a penalty given away, another goal, the sending off of Zidane, a penalty scored.”

Materazzi insists Zidane should keep the Golden Ball for best player at the tournament — which was voted for at half-time during the final.

The Inter ace said: “Leave him the award — he made everyone’s hands sore with applause.

“He won the Golden Ball for what he did on the pitch because he is the best.

“I changed shirts with Zidane after a Juventus match against my team at the time, Perugia.

“I have it in my cupboard at home. I have always worshipped Zidane the player.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006320457,00.html

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Who is the biggest supported club in Egypt? its Barca im guessing
Most of the fake football pundits or fans here are glory hunting idiots. Hence, it is easy to predict that they're Milan fans. :p

Seriously, there is no a specific club with the most supported fans, but nowadays Barca have lots of supporters, also ManUtd, Arsenal, Real Madrid and Milan.

But the real pundits have the Bianconeri deep inside their hearts. :wink:

metalhead

Sep 23, 2005
I think Torino have a good chance of drawing against Roma who will play the Coppa Italia final tonight as well as trying to rest players for the second-leg next week.

Torino lost more games at home than they did away. Its their home form that put them in this situation as their away form is comparable to Atalanta and Udinese in the top half of the table. :disagree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)