[ITA] Serie a 2006-07 (44 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I don´t understand this. When Milan faces a strong opponent in Serie A they are powerless. But when they face strong opponent in Champions League they destroy them. Really weird.... :confused:

Fiorentina matched them without a problem.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Full-time:
Milan - Fiorentina 0-0
Palermo - Roma 1-2
Empoli - Catania 2-1
Messina - Inter 0-1
Sampdoria - Reggina 0-0
Atalanta - Siena 3-1
Chievo - Parma 1-0
Torino - Ascoli 1-0
Cagliari - Udinese 2-1
Lazio - Livorno 1-0

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I don´t understand this. When Milan faces a strong opponent in Serie A they are powerless. But when they face strong opponent in Champions League they destroy them. Really weird.... :confused:

Fiorentina matched them without a problem.
The Italian teams use the same defending and attacking tactics as Milan; narrowing spaces hence the opponent find it hard to build attacks, using two or more players to defend the midfield, setting up counter-attacks and using the flanks more than the centre.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
The Italian teams use the same defending and attacking tactics as Milan; narrowing spaces hence the opponent find it hard to build attacks, using two or more players to defend the midfield, setting up counter-attacks and using the flanks more than the centre.
That is a good explanation, Ahmed. Anyway I can say that I was impressed by Fiorentina performance. Their defense is very tight. Gamberini, Kroldrup, Dainelli and Pasqual all did a good job defensively with Pasqual helping good in attack, Liverani organises their play well, Jorgensen is very versatile and hardworking, Reginaldo is tricky, he crosses and tries to dribble a lot, Pazzini has a lot of potential, good shot and header and he is strong. Only Mutu was silent today, he was well shut down. If Toni played maybe Fiorentina would even take the 3 points.

Milan missed Seedorf today, without him they don´t have that power in midfield. Also Kaka wasn´t in a good mood today. Gattuso and Ambrosini were good as usual, Pirlo had some nice passes that created good oportunities for Milan. I can say that Cafu was ther weakest link today, he is too old and he can´t play on the same level as before and the same goes gor Serginho.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
They will still play in the Champions League next season and they will win this year´s trophy. Great success for Juve, forza Milan! :weee:

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
That is a good explanation, Ahmed. Anyway I can say that I was impressed by Fiorentina performance. Their defense is very tight. Gamberini, Kroldrup, Dainelli and Pasqual all did a good job defensively with Pasqual helping good in attack, Liverani organises their play well, Jorgensen is very versatile and hardworking, Reginaldo is tricky, he crosses and tries to dribble a lot, Pazzini has a lot of potential, good shot and header and he is strong. Only Mutu was silent today, he was well shut down. If Toni played maybe Fiorentina would even take the 3 points.

Milan missed Seedorf today, without him they don´t have that power in midfield. Also Kaka wasn´t in a good mood today. Gattuso and Ambrosini were good as usual, Pirlo had some nice passes that created good oportunities for Milan. I can say that Cafu was ther weakest link today, he is too old and he can´t play on the same level as before and the same goes gor Serginho.
Nice summary, Marko. I watched only the first 15 minutes of the game, as I was preparing for today's clash between Arsenal and Chelsea. Yes, Fiorentina are a very organised team, and they would have been in the third place at least, if there weren't any deducted points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)