[ITA] Serie a 2006-07 (2 Viewers)

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Messina sack Giordano again!
Monday 23 April, 2007
Bruno Giordano has been sacked by Messina for the second time this season after the 3-1 loss at Sampdoria.

The former Napoli striker was shown the door this evening and has been replaced by Bruno Bolchi until the end of the campaign.

Messina, second from bottom, originally axed Giordano on January 30 when he was replaced by Alberto Cavasin.

However, the latter lasted for just eight games and Giordano was called back on April 2 before tonight’s decision.

The Sicilian club, who escaped relegation last term due to Juventus’ demotion, are currently eight points adrift of safety.

Giordano is the second Serie A boss today to get the chop after Palermo replaced Francesco Guidolin.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
isn't it funny how Parma is the team to beat these days, just like it happens every year with those "beloved" clubs at the bottom of the table?

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Corini Welcomes Change

Palermo captain Eugenio Corini has praised the decision to axe Coach Francesco Guidolin.

The Rosanero's slump has put their European qualification in danger and the 4-3 defeat to Parma proved to be the final straw for President Maurizio Zamparini, as Guidolin was dismissed after lengthy talks with both the club official and playing staff. "I think that at the end of the day it was the right decision, because it became clear that the rapport between Palermo and the Coach was set to end in the summer anyway," said Corini. "Up until two weeks ago we were in the running for a Champions League place and it would have been pointless to change management then, but now we need new enthusiasm to end the season on a high."

First team responsibilities have now been passed on to Guidolin's former assistant Renzo Gobbo and youth team chief Rosario Pergolizzi until the end of the current campaign, and Corini has welcomed the duo with open arms. "Pergolizzi presented himself to the team in a very positive manner. He wants to do well and we are very motivated to at least finish fifth," explained the veteran midfielder. "We had a great first half of the season, then perhaps too much pressure penalised us. We have the chance to enter the UEFA Cup for the second consecutive season and set a new club record for Serie A points. These are wonderful achievements and the fans can be happy with them."

http://www.bravo.co.uk/footballitalia

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
James' Gazzetta Exclusive Column

Inter and respect – it’s a difficult combination. Take the last 12 months – the Nerazzurri emerge as the victims of a massive and concerted match-influencing operation, and many react by accusing them of fixing the whole scandal themselves. Then they dominate the domestic season on their way to a second straight Scudetto, only for some commentators to write it off as the fruit of a peculiarly weakened field.

Now, the publication this week of the Naples police’s evidence in the Calciopoli scandal has once again rubbished the first idea. The evidence against Luciano Moggi is comprehensive and comes from a front-line anti-mafia force, not Massimo Moratti’s private eyes. However, Inter’s second credibility issue – that they’re only tops ‘cos it’s a Serie A lite – is harder to resolve, and for that they’ve only themselves to blame.

Inter have had a massive lead for so long that we’ve almost stopped noticing it. What sticks in the mind instead are the more recent disappointments – like the quarter-final exit from the Champion’s League, the tournament that was supposed to have proved they didn’t need a weakened field to win. Or this Wednesday’s game with Roma, in which they blew what was supposed to have been their big title winning party – just like they did last time they were heading for the title, remember, in that infamous final day defeat to Lazio in 2002. Bang goes their unbeaten record, and a large slice of credibility with it. If Roma – smashed 7-1 in Manchester just a week before – can win the big game at the San Siro, just how strong can Inter be?

On another note, it’s amazing how many were surprised in Italy at not being awarded the right to host Euro 2012. After a massive corruption scandal and fan violence problems, not to mention scenes of their police laying into supine fans broadcast worldwide, what were they expecting? Personally, I’d say this cloud has a very large silver lining – too many folk in the Italian game were touting the Euro bonanza as a cure-all for their problems, particularly in modernizing the stadiums. Losing out to Ukraine/Poland means for once they may have to face up to the situation and deal with it themselves.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Fiorentina have some players who deserve to be praised for this classy performance in their today's match against Chievo.

• Reginaldo: An active Brazilian right winger (who can also play as an attacker), quick and his crosses are good (in the matches where I've seen him so far). Besides, he scored Fiorentina's only goal today, it was a nice fist-time shot actually.

• Montolivo: In fact, I salute Corvette who told me that I should follow Fiorentina more to have a fair opinion about Montolivo. Montolivo reminded me of Pirlo when I watched him with Italy U-21 against England, but I think I wasn't that accurate in my judgment. The kid isn't as slow as Pirlo and his body balance is higher. His vision is good but he has to work on his long passes though. But this isn't a big deal after bearing in mind that he is still 22 years old.

• Mutu: He has been on fire this season. I'm sorry that we let him go.

• Dainelli: Today, he gave me a feeling that Fiorentina's back zone is very secure. He's tall, strong and consistent as well. He'll be out of contract in the summer, what is more.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Mancini: Europe can wait
Saturday 28 April, 2007

Roberto Mancini insists the Scudetto was the top priority this season, so the Champions League failure was not a big disappointment.

“I am happy with what he have done this season. If we had to choose between Serie A and Europe, then in my view it was more important to take the title,” said the Coach.

“In the next few years we will have the time to do well in the Champions League. As I have always believed, that is a very particular competition and even the strongest sides can be eliminated.”

The Nerazzurri shattered records domestically, but were knocked out in the second round by Valencia.

Now San Siro will be decked out in a party atmosphere on Sunday after they mathematically captured the Scudetto with their 2-1 victory at Siena.

“There is the real desire to celebrate and that means continuing to win the remaining games,” said Mancini ahead of the clash with Empoli.

“This will give us the opportunity to party with the fans who were not in Siena or who couldn’t turn up to meet our bus in Milan that night.

“The important thing is that we continue to maintain the same attitude until the end of the season. Clearly Empoli are still challenging for Europe, so they could be more motivated than us, but this is just a theory.

“We have a lot still to play for, including the Coppa Italia Final against Roma that really means a lot to us. It would be impossible to think we could rest in Serie A and only do our best in the Coppa Final in May.”

Mancini has called up two youth team players for their first top flight game – Giuseppe Figliomeni and Leonardo Bonucci.

-------

Yes Mr. Mancini, who cares about Champions League when you have Coppa Italia. :pumpkin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)