[ITA] Serie a 2006-07 (40 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
This has got to be the worst serieA in recent memory. With Juventus not being there, Milan just plodding along and Inter totally dominant, its being woeful. Too add to all of that you have matches being played in empty stadia which just adds to the wretchedness of the whole season thus far.
I am all for variety and letting other teams have their day in the spotlight but christ sakes, can they not play decent football along the way as well? The likes of Lazio, Empoli, Catania and other pretenders just play absolutely awful football and less said about Palermo currently the better.
But I think my biggest gripe is the fact that all the managers in serieA are Italian, thats not right for variety of football
Premiership has benefitted enormously witht he influx of people like benitez, mourinho, and wenger, imagine what it would have been like if maclaren was manager of chelsea and other english managers managed Liverpool, arsenal , spurs etc? La liga has spanish managers pitting their wits against aguire, rikhjard, schuster, Capello and Ramos. It just makes is so much better if you have other people with different ideas instead of every team with a manager whose first instinct is not to lose. That imo has been the biggest failure of seriea in recent times. Imagine if Empoli, Lazio, Inter and Roma were Italy's reps next season, by the second round stage Italy will be down to just Inter , most likely and thats not gonna help Italian teams in Cl in the future with Platini trying to cut down

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
This has got to be the worst serieA in recent memory. With Juventus not being there, Milan just plodding along and Inter totally dominant, its being woeful. Too add to all of that you have matches being played in empty stadia which just adds to the wretchedness of the whole season thus far.
I am all for variety and letting other teams have their day in the spotlight but christ sakes, can they not play decent football along the way as well? The likes of Lazio, Empoli, Catania and other pretenders just play absolutely awful football and less said about Palermo currently the better.
But I think my biggest gripe is the fact that all the managers in serieA are Italian, thats not right for variety of football
Premiership has benefitted enormously witht he influx of people like benitez, mourinho, and wenger, imagine what it would have been like if maclaren was manager of chelsea and other english managers managed Liverpool, arsenal , spurs etc? La liga has spanish managers pitting their wits against aguire, rikhjard, schuster, Capello and Ramos. It just makes is so much better if you have other people with different ideas instead of every team with a manager whose first instinct is not to lose. That imo has been the biggest failure of seriea in recent times. Imagine if Empoli, Lazio, Inter and Roma were Italy's reps next season, by the second round stage Italy will be down to just Inter , most likely and thats not gonna help Italian teams in Cl in the future with Platini trying to cut down
English Football NEEDS foreign managers. They also NEED foreign players. I think your idea is a very poor one. The last thing I want to see is Italian Football de-Nationalized and our National team to start looking like England. Don't always read the papers. The premiership is NOT that great.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
:lol: :lol:

You missed out a couple of tracks: -

11. We are the biggest cheats in Italy.
12. We are completely corrupt.

Yep! that sounds like inter all right!
they are the bonus tracks :D

only available with your inter shirt to make up for the dissapointment that this seasons inter shirt doesnt come with a scudetto badge thanks to the unusually good sense nike have

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I guess its just the change of times, as thats the only reason i see why a team like Lazio thats engraved in their DNA that they have to play good football is playing badly.
Even Inter who should be playing good football are not.The only team imo thats worth mentioning this season is Reggina.For a small team they played very good football and if they weren't handed a heavy penalty they would've been up there.

About the managers and diversity, although it would be very good for the game i dont think its that big of an issue.Italian teams had italian managers for years and there wasn't any problem.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I guess its just the change of times, as thats the only reason i see why a team like Lazio thats engraved in their DNA that they have to play good football is playing badly.
Even Inter who should be playing good football are not.The only team imo thats worth mentioning this season is Reggina.For a small team they played very good football and if they weren't handed a heavy penalty they would've been up there.

About the managers and diversity, although it would be very good for the game i dont think its that big of an issue.Italian teams had italian managers for years and there wasn't any problem.
It was not a big issue then because in serieA there were great foreign players and they brought much needed flair and diversity to the game but now, you can count the great foreign players on one hand so it makes it so much evident how boring the league is turning out this season. It was not so clever either last season with Juve in it but this season has been terrible and this was not taking into account Inter's disgraceful antics last night

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
It was not a big issue then because in serieA there were great foreign players and they brought much needed flair and diversity to the game but now, you can count the great foreign players on one hand so it makes it so much evident how boring the league is turning out this season. It was not so clever either last season with Juve in it but this season has been terrible and this was not taking into account Inter's disgraceful antics last night
i agree with you there, the league doesn't have great foreigners as before or even quality ones in the mid tier teams but that was the case in the past.

I think we will see some new managers coming next season and one of them am hoping would be DD

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
if it was a closer gap mybe, but this much almost impossible but i expect them to get beaten in the derby next weekend

but hey if some could screw it up its Inter

Kaka1899

Jan 24, 2007
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sa0607/int-mil.html

Source Channel 4
Inter receive a boost with the news that Mancio is allowed on the bench despite receiving a red card against Livorno. However, they must do without the suspended Douglas Maicon. Ex-Milan midfielder Patrick Vieira and Esteban Cambiasso are still injured. Adriano may miss out, as may Hernan Crespo who was suspended last weekend. Nicolas Burdisso is a doubt after receiving a fractured nose in the fracas following the Valencia match.

Ancelotti’s injury crisis has eased slightly. Alessandro Costacurta, Marcos Cafu, Kakha Kaladze, Alessandro Nesta and Serginho are all still injured but Paolo Maldini and Pippo Inzaghi are fit again. Ronaldo prepares to face his former Inter teammates for the first time since his move to their arch rivals.

Man on fire: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter) – Inter’s top scorer turned provider last weekend with a magic assist for Julio Cruz. Bristling with confidence, the giant Swede will be a terrifying proposition for the Rossoneri defence.
1. why should Mancini be allowed on the bench he was sent off he shpuld be up in the stands Derby or not!

2. im glad all the players they have got injured are there 'Key Players' Crespo i know he can be deadly, Cambiasso can grab a goal or two aswell, Adraino can be good or awful glad hes not on the pitch incase he is good and Maicon is on form good job hes a doubt and Burdisso has a broken nose so i cant see him playing at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)