[ITA] Serie a 2006-07 (38 Viewers)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I watched a bit of the Milan game this morning, and the first thing my dad said to me was, "Wow, Ronaldo is a fatty." I loved how Kaka kept feeding him the ball too; at one point, he could have laid it off to Gattuso for a clean shot on net, but instead Kaka chose to thread it through three defenders to Ronaldo.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
my hope was that they would play Roma at this stage and the romans would've caused them problems.But it got delayed and now i think this season is over.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Inter should have been crowned as champions before the start of season because the championship was already over then.

I hope they are now satisified with Serie A which is not competitive at all. :disagree:

Inter = Big Champions of Serie A :rofl2:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
"Fuck U Inter Milan day" ? :rofl2:
yes i along with some drughi friends decided after beating inter this time last year we wud make this day 'fuck u inter day' since mancini and figo were moaning about how we cheated, yet ale showed them how it was done to the anger of mancini, so thats a brief history as to how this fantastic day was created, happy f*ck u inter day every1!

May 25, 2006
Former Chelsea coach Claudio Ranieri said Italian soccer should learn from England's experience in fighting hooliganism Tuesday after taking charge of relegation strugglers Parma.

Ex- Chelsea coach has message from England on Serie A return

The 55-year-old coach is returning to Serie A after a 10-year absence. He finds Italian soccer reeling from the fallout of the February 2 death of a police officer during rioting at a game in Catania, which prompted the government to close all grounds that do not comply with security regulations. Ranieri said that after the 1985 Heysel Stadium tragedy when 39 Juventus fans died during the European Cup Final against Liverpool, "the English soccer and political worlds took drastic measures with very strict laws, video-cameras in stadiums, civics education in schools and the spread of a culture of respect and fun," said Ranieri.

"This defeated hooliganism. Now in England families go to the stadium to have a good time".

The Italian coached Chelsea from 2000 to 2004, leading the star-studded London giants to the Champions League semi-final in his last season at the club.

At Parma he faces the very different challenge of digging a team made up largely of promising youngsters out of the relegation zone.:redface:

Parma are second from bottom after Sunday's 3-0 hammering at AS Roma, which led to the dismissal of former coach Stefano Pioli.

"It's a difficult situation, but I know we'll stay up,":star: Ranieri told sports daily Corriere dello Sport.

"The goal can be achieved, the team is good so it is within our capabilities".

Parma have produced their best form this season in Europe, reaching the knock-out stage of the UEFA Cup.:wth:

The new coach will make his debut appearance on the Parma bench on Thursday in the away leg of the UEFA Cup clash with Braga of Portugal.

Ranieri has not worked since 2005, when he was sacked as Valencia boss at the end of a disappointing second spell at the Spanish outfit. The Rome-born coach won the Spanish Cup during his first stint at Valencia (1996-1998). He was in charge of Atletico Madrid for a spell during the 1999-2000 season too.

In Italy, he won an Italian Cup with Fiorentina (1993-97) and coached Napoli (1991-93) and Cagliari (1988-91). He was a professional footballer with AS Roma, Catanzaro, Catania and Palermo in the 1970s and 80s.

Ranieri's contract with Parma runs until the end of the season. He has an option to renew if the team stays up.:flirt:

ANSA.it

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
is he the man to save parma from relegation? mybe, he hasn't been in italian football in while but he has a fairly good team that should avoid relegation.Although it wont be easy.
surprisingly most of the game played in the uefa cup were by their reserves!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)