[ITA] Serie a 2006-07 (76 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Exactly like we did the past two seasons.
More or less.

I still have a problem with the word 'easily'. You see, it is not that Lazio was weak, they were good until they finally reached the box. It seems to me there is no real competition.
You could see clearly what was missing in Lazio's play: A good attacker. And that's not the first time I've seen this unability to score against Inter. Everyone seems to have a good defence in Serie A, but where are the good attackers. They are just in the 5 or 6 best teams.
The thing is a team can hold possession but be as inefficient as it gets, this is not called domination. Lazio have good attackers but they were lame against Inter.

If you call domination having the ball most of the time and the game taking place mostly in the opponent's half, I think I can call that domination.
That's called possession.

Larry

Apr 17, 2005
If you call domination having the ball most of the time and the game taking place mostly in the opponent's half, I think I can call that domination.
They mainly passed between defenders in the midfield and sometimes to the wingers who then centered the ball in to the box resulting lost headers and bad shots in second-ball situations

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Can you prove that from the "official football dictionary"?
For me domination is creating chances, paralysing the key players of the oppsoing teams, hardly giving the opponent a sniff on target, using the possession to actually make the opponent fear you.

When you hold the ball, run around like a headless chicken and not create a single threat on the opponent's keeper the word domination starts to fade.

This is my opinion and I don't need to prove anything from anywhere, you are free to agree with it or not.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
For me domination is creating chances, paralysing the key players of the oppsoing teams, hardly giving the opponent a sniff on target, using the possession to actually make the opponent fear you.

When you hold the ball, run around like a headless chicken and not create a single threat on the opponent's keeper the word domination starts to fade.

This is my opinion and I don't need to prove anything from anywhere, you are free to agree with it or not.
So please don't write always like a teacher, I have my own definition of domination and of football like everybody here and that is what makes this game so exciting.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I still have a problem with the word 'easily'. You see, it is not that Lazio was weak, they were good until they finally reached the box. It seems to me there is no real competition.
You could see clearly what was missing in Lazio's play: A good attacker. And that's not the first time I've seen this unability to score against Inter. Everyone seems to have a good defence in Serie A, but where are the good attackers. They are just in the 5 or 6 best teams.
I totally agree with on Lazio. The team lacks genuine penetration within the side. Mauri was superb against Roma, but he is more industry than class. Only Pandev resembles something of a player in that side, only problem being you dont know which one will turn up.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Lazio has a good attacker, but he has been suspended exactly before the game vs Inter. :faq1:

All the good attackers are in Inter and Fiorentina. :D

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
you have to admit that Totti has been pretty good lately:agree:
He´s always been good but I also always hated him.

Mancini:’Ibrahimovic’s sending off? Common sense would have been useful’

“It was hard today because in the last 15 minutes of the first half we had the game in our hands, but then the sending off made things harder and we found things difficult after the break,” says Roberto Mancini. “Lazio are playing well at the moment and started strong, but little by little we started gaining control. I am disappointed Ibrahimovic was sent off, because it changed the game a bit.” The striker received his second boking for kicking the ball after the referee had blown the whistle for offside. “Yes, he hit the ball, but only a second had passed after the referee had blown. The ref should have used common sense.”
Mancini is on the whole very pleased with his team: “Today we were even better than usual, everyone did great because they all needed to run that little bit more to get the win and they all did that.”

Calciomercato.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)