[ITA] Serie a 2006-07 (7 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Reggina frustrated the hell out of Roma tonite.Gave them a very hard time and even the playing field gave them a hard time as it was soaked. Credit to Reggina they have a good disciplined team with some talented players

Palermo failed to win, but i dont know how they r leaking goals soo much.

Viola r back on track, nice set up from Mutu for the 2nd goal by Toni and he scored the first.

So Inter r top.....they have Udinese next week.With the latter without Muntari who was sent off.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Pillon out, Del Neri in
Monday 16 October, 2006
Giuseppe Pillon has been sacked as Coach of struggling Chievo, with Gigi Del Neri returning to the Flying Donkeys' bench.

The Veronese outfit confirmed the news with an official statement on the club’s website, but the change on the bench was not a total shock after Sunday’s defeat at Torino.

The Gialloblu have not had an easy start in the season, failing to qualify for the Champions League group stage after losing to Levski Sofia, and becoming the only Italian casualty in the first round of the UEFA Cup.

Chievo are also rooted to the lower positions in the Serie A table with only one point earned and have yet to net their first win after the opening six matches.

Gigi Del Neri is a well-known name in Verona, where he coached Chievo from 2000 to 2004, giving birth to the so called “miracle Chievo”, leading the team to promotion to Serie A and then earning a historical qualification for the UEFA Cup in 2002.

In the summer of 2004, Del Neri was signed by Champions League holders Porto, but as in Empoli in 1998, he was fired before his debut.

He then moved to Roma in October 2004, to replace Rudi Voeller, but left his place on the bench in March 2005 after a disappointing season for the Giallorossi.

In the summer of 2005 he accepted an offer from Palermo and despite a good start was fired in January after a home defeat to Siena.

The new Coach will make his debut on the Chievo bench against his former club Roma on Sunday, when the Flying Donkeys visit the Stadio Olimpico.

first head to roll this season. I expect Parma's coach to be next.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Fliakis said:
im somewhat amazed zaccheroni is still employed..
well he won last nite...So that kept his position safe for the moment.

Also the Granata president will try to keep him as long as he can, to show that he didnt make a mistake by dissmissing De Biasi and hiring Alberto Zacherroni

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
New boss Luigi Del Neri insists Chievo must start afresh after an appalling start to the season so far.

Giuseppe Pillon had led the team to just one point from their opening six games, in a draw away at Empoli on September 17.

He has consequently been replaced at the helm by the man who managed the team between 2000 and 2004 before leaving for Porto.

And Del Neri could not be more pleased with his return to the Stadio Marc'Antonio Bentegodi, though he realises the difficulty of the task in hand.

"I have come back home," Del Neri exclaimed.

"I'm really satisfied and ecstatic to think about restarting work here.

"It's not like coming back to the other sides that I have worked with: to my mind, I never left here.

"I know there will be a lot of work.

"We must forget the past including the good things. We are restarting from the beginning and must understand why things have gone badly."

Del Neri has his first chance to make his mark in the tough trip to take on Serie A high-flyers Roma on Sunday.
--------------------------------------------------------
can he save their season? i dont think so, mybe they could avoid relegation but nothing more

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
yid army said:
cagliari 0-0 lazio - chimenti finally stops oddo's penalty streak
It wasn't Chimenti. I dont know why everyone thinks it was him. I dont know who the goalie was, but he had a dark black hair on his bloody head :faq1:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Stefano Fiore’s bitter row with Alberto Zaccheroni has flared up again, accusing the Torino Coach of focusing only on defence.

“We won’t get far playing like this,” said the midfielder after last night’s 0-0 draw at Cagliari’s Stadio Sant’Elia.

“We were under a lot of pressure again and the only positive aspect of the evening was the result. The trouble is we think only of defending ourselves. I don’t know if it’s a psychological problem or for some other reason, but right now we can’t seem to attack consistently.”

Fiore had already argued with Zaccheroni when they worked together at Lazio a few years ago and claimed they had cleared the air when the Coach took charge of Torino just three days before the start of the season.

However, having been substituted five times from seven starts, the old bitter feelings are bubbling back to the surface.

“We have some great creativity here with myself and Alessandro Rosina in midfield, yet we’ve never run so much in our lives. We have to make sacrifices to help out the defence and then don’t have the energy to make decisive assists at the other end of the pitch. We aren’t supermen and the fans have to understand that it affects our performance.”

Rosina and Fiore were expected to give Toro that extra spark this term, but they have both struggled to make an impact.

“Alessandro and I are paying the price here and I hope at the end of the day someone realises that. Torino only play to defend. Zaccheroni is working on the back line constantly and perhaps that’s the aspect that interests him the most.”

The Granata have certainly improved in that respect. They had conceded 10 goals in their opening four games, but the 0-0 at Cagliari was their second consecutive clean sheet.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It is Roma's week, if they don't take the opportunity that Palermo and Inter are to take points from each other, they will NOT be title contenders, they will leave Inter in the open just to take the easiest Serie A title ever.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Jeeks said:
It is Roma's week, if they don't take the opportunity that Palermo and Inter are to take points from each other, they will NOT be title contenders, they will leave Inter in the open just to take the easiest Serie A title ever.
i dont know what ur meaning there, but if ur meaning there is a possibility that both inter and milan to drop points then ur right. Cuz Milan r the ones playing Palermo and Inter r playing Udinese in the Friulli right now

but i agree this is a big chance for them, all the top teams r playing eachother.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
sateeh said:
i dont know what ur meaning there, but if ur meaning there is a possibility that both inter and milan to drop points then ur right. Cuz Milan r the ones playing Palermo and Inter r playing Udinese in the Friulli right now

but i agree this is a big chance for them, all the top teams r playing eachother.
Sorry this is what I meant, yes. I expect both Milano teams to draw their games and possibly Milan lose to the pink side.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Jeeks said:
Sorry this is what I meant, yes. I expect both Milano teams to draw their games and possibly Milan lose to the pink side.
:tup:

i expect the same, but even with the huge possibility of both losing.Cuz even how bad udinese r they always cuz Inter problems

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well this is how it goes every week. Roma struggling against much weaker squads and had a lucky equaliser. And Inter continuing to drop points and nobody there to punish them

Spalletti needs to add some grit to his squad and make them learn how to grind out results thats if he wants to win Serie A this year.Cause right now they should be punishing Inter but they r just like them.

Viola could be a force if they had a substantial reduction in the point penalty. They just smashed a "good" Reggina Side and Mutu playing a top game.

Best game was Atalanta-Sampadoria....first it was two Great goals from Qualiarilia:tup:, and then Atalanta just turn the table on them to earn the win.

Milan-Palermo later on, will get to see whether Milan have some good aspirations this season or not.

EDIT: Chievo's goal against Roma was a clear offside on Pellisier. And forgot to add Zapata from Udinese just owned the whole Inter Forwards and especially a certain someone called Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)