[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (2 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Inter confirm Obinna arrival
Thursday 22 December, 2005

Inter have confirmed that Victor Obinna of Chievo will be joining them in the January transfer window.

Obinna, whose registration is part-owned by the Nerazzurri, has enjoyed a superb first four months in Serie A, where he has scored four goals for the Verona outfit.

The Nigerian’s rise to prominence has been so meteoric that his national team even included him in their preliminary African Cup of Nations squad.

It appears, though, that following Inter chief Massimo Moratti’s announcement that Obinna will be joining them next month, the 19-year-old has decided against representing his country.

"We have already reached an agreement and completed negotiations with Chievo to bring him to us," confirmed Moratti today.

The Inter chief also corroborated Real Madrid striker Ronaldo’s story that he has had no dealings with the player since he left the club three years ago.

"We have never been in touch with him and neither has he with us," he said.

Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Adriano shaken by accident

Adriano has admitted he was frightened by the accident in which he was knocked unconscious and rushed to hospital last night. "I was scared, that’s for sure," he said.

The Inter striker checked out of the Niguarda hospital, where he stayed overnight under observation, on Friday evening after doctors gave him the all clear following a series of scans and tests.

Adriano lost consciousness after clashing heads with Andrea Raggi after 14 minutes of his side’s 4-1 win against Empoli.

The striker was leaping to meet a cross from Santiago Solari when Raggi knocked him out with a head to the temple.

'The Emperor’ was carried off the field and attended to by doctors, who brought him around before rushing him to hospital.

"I was certainly scared alright," said Adriano. "But it’s in the past now, so I’m okay.

"The doctors assured me I’m okay so tomorrow I’ll be able to return to Brazil to spend some time with my family.

"It was a nasty experience, but it’s in the past now and that’s what counts."

Adriano added that he has no recollection of the incident.

"I came around in the treatment room in the stadium," he explained. "When the doctor asked me what I could remember I told him I remembered the goal I scored and it filled me with joy.

"I had a comfortable night in hospital and I’d like to thank everyone who stayed close to me throughout the ordeal," he continued. "I’d like to thank the fans who came here to chant my song."

Football Italia

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Stuart said:
Adriano shaken by accident

Adriano has admitted he was frightened by the accident in which he was knocked unconscious and rushed to hospital last night. "I was scared, that’s for sure," he said.

The Inter striker checked out of the Niguarda hospital, where he stayed overnight under observation, on Friday evening after doctors gave him the all clear following a series of scans and tests.

Adriano lost consciousness after clashing heads with Andrea Raggi after 14 minutes of his side’s 4-1 win against Empoli.

The striker was leaping to meet a cross from Santiago Solari when Raggi knocked him out with a head to the temple.

‘The Emperor’ was carried off the field and attended to by doctors, who brought him around before rushing him to hospital.

"I was certainly scared alright," said Adriano. "But it’s in the past now, so I’m okay.
"The doctors assured me I’m okay so tomorrow I’ll be able to return to Brazil to spend some time with my family.

"It was a nasty experience, but it’s in the past now and that’s what counts."

Adriano added that he has no recollection of the incident.

"I came around in the treatment room in the stadium," he explained. "When the doctor asked me what I could remember I told him I remembered the goal I scored and it filled me with joy.

"I had a comfortable night in hospital and I’d like to thank everyone who stayed close to me throughout the ordeal," he continued. "I’d like to thank the fans who came here to chant my song."

Football Italia
Damn!!!:D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
He looks very promising and with Martins going away to compete in the African Nations Cup he is as you say a good pick, not only for the future but the present.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Something to cheer you guys up

‘Dirty’ Totti’s red 2005 Monday 2 January, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma captain Francesco Totti has the unwanted honour of being the most sent off player in Serie A during 2005.

The Italian international picked up three dismissals over a problematic last 12 months for his club.

Totti is undoubtedly a world class player, but pundits have often criticised his temperament that does tend to let him down at times.

The No 10, who was last sent off in this season’s 3-2 win over Inter at the San Siro for clashing with Juan Sebastian Veron, finished top of the ‘dirty list’ which consisted of 96 players.

Sixteen of those professionals were sent for an early bath of two occasions during the last solar year.

They were: Philippe Mexes (Roma), Simone Vergassola (Siena), Giovanni Pasquale (Siena), Stefano Morrone (Livorno), Fabio Galante (Livorno), Domenico Morfeo (Parma), Matteo Contini (Parma), Lorenzo D'Anna (Chievo), Federico Cossato (Chievo) and Alessandro Nesta (Milan).

Totti was also highly placed in the yellow card roster, coming in 41st position thanks to eight cautions.

A total of 426 bookings were given last year with Cagliari’s Daniele Conti, Carmine Coppola of Messina and Lorenzo D’Anna of Chievo coming top with 16 yellows each.

Matteo Contini (Parma), Daniele De Rossi (Roma) and Emanuele Filippini (Lazio and Treviso) were close behind with 14

source: channel4.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Samp suffer Bonazzoli blow Monday 2 January, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria may have lost top scorer Emiliano Bonazzoli for the rest of the season through injury.

The striker got the New Year off to the worst possible start after collapsing with pain in training.

The former Under-21 international has suffered a knee injury and initial tests have suggested ligament damage.

If that diagnosis is confirmed, Bonazzoli will require surgery and could be sidelined for around six months.

That would rule the youngster out until next term and will end any hopes of making the World Cup squad.

Although he is currently uncapped at full international level, Bonazzoli was being talked about as a possible call-up after his nine goals in Serie A so far this term.

The loss of the 26-year-old is a massive blow to the Genoa club who have had their fair share of serious injuries this term.

Fabio Bazzani, another striker, has only just returned to action after he required knee surgery in pre-season.

Sampdoria are now expected to recall Corrado Colombo from his loan stint at Serie A minnows Ascoli.

Boss Walter Novellino could also draft youth team player Salvatore Foti into the squad if needed.

source: channel4.com

Sad case for Sampdoria

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Eire said:
it would be funny if obinna also was called up to the african nations squad aswell that would sicken inter
Obinna is interesting, but he is still so new to Serie A, I'm surprised that Inter is so stupid as to not let him develop a little. Ideally, they'd pull a deal like they did for Adriano -- either a loan or a half-ownership with a team that could put in a lot of first team time for Obinna (like Chievo). Then make the switch.

As it is, I just see Obinna gathering dust nella pachina ... save for a few late subs maybe in Coppa matches. Just look at Recoba.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)