[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (3 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Veron slams arrogant Adriano Sunday 16 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even after a 5-0 victory, Inter can’t stay away from controversy and Juan Sebastian Veron dubbed Adriano “disrespectful” for delaying his flight home.

“I am very angry with Adriano,” snapped the Argentine following today’s win over Livorno. “This is a total lack of respect for rules and for his team-mates. We will discuss this in the dressing room.”

The Brazilian only returned from Rio de Janeiro this morning after his original flight was delayed by a technical problem, then missed another opportunity to return.

“Until we set some solid rules for everyone in the club, then we’ll never do things properly at Inter. As far as I am concerned, facing Livorno is the same as taking on Juventus, but other players here don’t have the same attitude. I am personally very angry about this.”

The Nerazzurri seemingly cannot stay away from the front pages of the newspapers for all the wrong reasons, a problem that Veron acknowledges.

“We have to reflect on this incident and learn from it. Instead of creating a relaxed atmosphere within the club, we tend to cause problems for ourselves, and I’m referring to the directors and players here. We needed champions today and they weren’t here, but thankfully we have other great players in our squad.”

Marco Materazzi, who opened the scoring in this 5-0 thrashing, was also quick to condemn his team-mate’s lack of professionalism.

“We don’t know how things really went, but if Adriano needs to apologise then I’m sure he will. This is an unusual situation, as we created a solid group and everyone is supposed to be equal. At times, behaviour counts more than results.”

In typical Inter fashion, there is confusion over exactly why Adriano delayed his return from international duty. Coach Roberto Mancini was also furious in his Press Conference before the game, but it’s believed patron Massimo Moratti had given him permission to stay in South America.

“People have spoken out about this issue without knowing the facts,” insisted Moratti. “Adriano had been given permission to stay out for an extra day. Much worse things happen at other clubs, but at Inter it’s all blown out of all proportion. I don’t know if Adriano will be fined, as there are directors here who have to think about these things.”

source: channel4.com

When Inter loses, they whine, when they win, they also complain. Inter will always be Inter

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
And yet Recoba got the game winner for Uruguay over Argentina, but you didn't see him taking the scenic route back to the San Siro...

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even after a 5-0 victory, Inter can’t stay away from controversy and Juan Sebastian Veron dubbed Adriano “disrespectful” for delaying his flight home.

“I am very angry with Adriano,” snapped the Argentine following today’s win over Livorno. “This is a total lack of respect for rules and for his team-mates. We will discuss this in the dressing room.”

The Brazilian only returned from Rio de Janeiro this morning after his original flight was delayed by a technical problem, then missed another opportunity to return.

“Until we set some solid rules for everyone in the club, then we’ll never do things properly at Inter. As far as I am concerned, facing Livorno is the same as taking on Juventus, but other players here don’t have the same attitude. I am personally very angry about this.”

The Nerazzurri seemingly cannot stay away from the front pages of the newspapers for all the wrong reasons, a problem that Veron acknowledges.

“We have to reflect on this incident and learn from it. Instead of creating a relaxed atmosphere within the club, we tend to cause problems for ourselves, and I’m referring to the directors and players here. We needed champions today and they weren’t here, but thankfully we have other great players in our squad.”

Marco Materazzi, who opened the scoring in this 5-0 thrashing, was also quick to condemn his team-mate’s lack of professionalism.

“We don’t know how things really went, but if Adriano needs to apologise then I’m sure he will. This is an unusual situation, as we created a solid group and everyone is supposed to be equal. At times, behaviour counts more than results.”

In typical Inter fashion, there is confusion over exactly why Adriano delayed his return from international duty. Coach Roberto Mancini was also furious in his Press Conference before the game, but it’s believed patron Massimo Moratti had given him permission to stay in South America.

“People have spoken out about this issue without knowing the facts,” insisted Moratti. “Adriano had been given permission to stay out for an extra day. Much worse things happen at other clubs, but at Inter it’s all blown out of all proportion. I don’t know if Adriano will be fined, as there are directors here who have to think about these things.”

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“People have spoken out about this issue without knowing the facts,” insisted Moratti. “Adriano had been given permission to stay out for an extra day. Much worse things happen at other clubs, but at Inter it’s all blown out of all proportion. I don’t know if Adriano will be fined , as there are directors here who have to think about these things.”

Conflicting:confused:??

I say yes!!

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

:cheesy:

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rami ] ++

Conflicting:confused:??

I say yes!!
There are a couple of theories:
a) Adriano had the permission and everything's ok (but then why is Veron angry and why was Adriano at the airport on thursday -like some newspapers wrote- if he didn't have to return?)
b) Adriano had only 1 day of permission, then didn't catch his flight for various reasons (but, again, why was he at the airport on thursday?)
c) Having missed his flight, Adriano has thought that he could make a fool of his president and have a couple of extra free days. So he did have the permission, but it was just for the time necessary to catch the first plane back to Italy.
d) Adriano didn't give a damn about being late, he did his business wherever he was and Moratti tried unsuccesfully to cover the whole thing.

I say it's c or d :D

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++
Btw, talking about ultras, the sampdoriana girl that has been hit by a "fumogeno" this afternoon risks losing her eye. :groan:
I thought that she's risking her life right now?

++ [ originally posted by AtotheB ] ++

Exactly. Chievo is just evidence that you do not need a good supporter fanbase to succeed, and I find that despicable. I do not know how any of the Veronese could like such a club when the Brigate Gialloblu has so much more to offer.
Well you turned this straight to ultras, Parks' book has done some nice propaganda there I see. ;) But yes, you're absolutely correct. Chievo's ultras are a laughing stock, you can't really even compare, say, North Side to BGB. They've got a cool website though. :D

Fanbase? Yes, they don't really even have one, and this season their crowds are even more pathetic than previous years. But to be honest, who cares? The thing that bothers me much more is that there are some serious clubs with huge potential like Torino, Genoa and Napoli in (not to mention past giant Pro Vercelli, Hellas etc. etc) in lower divisions that would bring much more value to Serie A, teams that really have the potential for more than fighting for thei existence in Serie A year after year, teams that would bring colour and much needed competition and passion to the greatest league in the world. Chievo is a club without roots and any kind of heart. They don't deserve Serie A.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Chxta ] ++
Adriano's behaviour was bad yes, but Veron speaking to the press is bad for team spirit.
Is it something new in Inter to have a bad team spirit?

BTW, Roma are really impressing this season.

Jul 28, 2002
Imho what sebba was right, arguebly they ned someone to come out and state why they have a bad atmosphere in their changing room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)