Fiorentina 3 - 2 Livorno

Lecce 3 - 0 Cagliari

Messina 1 - 4 Sampdoria

Palermo 2 - 2 Empoli

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Wow. What a great day for Serie A action.

I watched the Fiorentina-Livorno game. Fiorentina really looks like the real deal these days, and not just a fluke waiting for the house of cards to collapse. (Hey, Prandelli is the man -- perhaps my favorite allenatore around.) Jorgenson played perhaps one of the best matches I've seen of his career. His goal was sublime, and his work rate and creation of opportunities was fantastic, even in the ever-forming bog down at the Franchi. Of course, he was capitalizing on the fact that Livorno was playing like they had lead in their pockets -- allowing the Viola to play steal-and-fast-break basketball against them.

Livorno looked completely outclassed for most of the game. They couldn't win possession, and all the attacks were going the other way. Frey was barely tested for the first 80 minutes. That Livorno came back with two quick goals in the last five minutes to make it respectable was quite a shock.

Antonioli's PK and rebound save vs. Messina -- that was a trip.

Maldini with the two goals over Reggina? Nice for il capitano...

And Roma losing to Siena in what was quite a thriller... ;) Those minnows roll.

Parma: 3 goals given up to Ascoli. :down: It's the end, folks. This is going to be a long tailspin season for them, I'm afraid.

Things could be looking up for Lecce? Underachivers since Zeman left and Gregucci came in, they had to fire him. Baldini seems to have started things right. But Cagliari ... so far proving last season may have been a sleight of hand bit that may be difficult to repeat.

And it seemed that all of Italy, save Sicily, was under a torrent of rain today.

I can only hope that today's Derby D'Italia is at least as entertaining ... and ends in our favor. :D

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
The big two surprises were :
Maldini to score 2 goals
and seina to beat roma with 10 men in rome 3-2 , totti was going to cry:D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
15/10/2005...

Siena - Udinese

Juventus - Messina
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

16/10/2005...

Ascoli - Sampdoria

Empoli - Roma

Inter - Livorno

Lazio - Fiorentina

Palermo - Chievo

Parma - Treviso

Reggina - Lecce

Cagliari - Milan 8:30 PM.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standings...

1-Juventus 18 Points

2-Milan 13

3-Fiorentina 13

4-Sampdoria 12

5-Inter 12

6-Palermo 11

7-Livorno 11

8-Siena 10

9-Lazio 10

10-Chievo 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)