[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (13 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Menace ] ++

Even so, thier defense is too old now and the season is long.
Dude, Nesta and Stam are obviously still very capable defenders. Are we already making assumptions and predictions on team performances after just one match? Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

He might be fat, however he is talented as fvck. You also seem to really have a problem with the best forwards in Serie A....why is that?

The first goal Adriano scored he dribbled around a defender near the right touchline and blasted the ball with his left peg past Handanovic on the near post.

Second goal Stankovic chipped the ball to an onside-running Adriano who settled the ball with his thigh and then touched it past the keeper with his left foot again from 5 yards out.

Third goal Pizarro beat a couple defenders on the dribble and touched the ball to Adriano who trapped and finished with the outside of his left again from 16 yards out.

All the goals he scored were in traffic.
Heey! That's great. I would love to see them before half time in tonights game.

I don't have any problems with the best forwards in Serie A. Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic, Mutu, Del Piero and Zalayeta are all my favourite players. :D

/maturity.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Menace ] ++

Even so, thier defense is too old now and the season is long.
You talk as if our defence is in the spring of its age and that we play half the games they do. And when it comes to their eldest defender I rate him as one of the best in the world at the moment with a fittness of an 18 year old.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005

Dude, Nesta and Stam are obviously still very capable defenders. Are we already making assumptions and predictions on team performances after just one match? Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
I know just to say "I was right" later and I am not making a prediction on one performance, the season is long and Stam and Maldini can't play to their level all season.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

You talk as if our defence is in the spring of its age and that we play half the games they do. And when it comes to their eldest defender I rate him as one of the best in the world at the moment with a fittness of an 18 year old.
No just that Thuram and Canna are better then Stam and Maldini now.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
:sigh:

I guess everyone is right that we are going to be relegated this season, especially after that absolutely awful 3-0 win :cheesy:
Honey, we're a bit preoccupied with the race for the Scudetto here. Take it elsewhere :D

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Honey, we're a bit preoccupied with the race for the Scudetto here. Take it elsewhere :D
:eek:

Does this mean I am free from your ignore list? or does that ever so tempting "click here" button get you :D

I though you didnt care for Juve anymore?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
The button got to me.

And I don't care for Juve - but I couldn't pass upon an opportunity to point out to you it's been a while since Roma challenged for the Scudetto now.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
The button got to me.

And I don't care for Juve - but I couldn't pass upon an opportunity to point out to you it's been a while since Roma challenged for the Scudetto now.
Only since last season Erik, thats only 1 year.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

He might be fat, however he is talented as fvck.

<snip>

All the goals he scored were in traffic.
I've been saying this about Adriano since he was tearing it up at Parma ... and when everyone was annointing Kaka as the new Serie A talent to be reckoned with. He's very deceptive. As the big hulking mass of flesh that he is, he looks slow. But he's deliberate, accurate, and strong as hell.

If he can stay healthy throughout much of the season, I think he will tear up Serie A and could be the capocannoniere with the most goals since Bierhoff.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

The good news for us is that Milan still hasn't broken the habit of playing down to lesser teams. Granted, the pitch was a bog out there (I was thinking New Orleans after a surge wave) and the rain came down heavy, so anything -- such as a free kick -- can skew the results. But it's good to know the season started without the Milan halo in tact. They will be in the Scudetto race just about no matter what comes.

I wonder if RAI Int'l was having problems with all the weather given their feed troubles during the match. But man -- that new 91° Minuto program... feels like EPL coverage, but the reviews, presentation of line-ups, etc., makes 90° Minuto look like the Mussolini-era program that it was.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

The good news for us is that Milan still hasn't broken the habit of playing down to lesser teams. Granted, the pitch was a bog out there (I was thinking New Orleans after a surge wave) and the rain came down heavy, so anything -- such as a free kick -- can skew the results. But it's good to know the season started without the Milan halo in tact. They will be in the Scudetto race just about no matter what comes.
Milan likes to build their attacks up with ease, not being very hasty with the ball and taking their time with Pirlo controlling the pace of play. A water-logged pitch will not allow a team to pass the ball swiftly about and long passes could be very easily broken up with just one bobble in a puddle. Any skillful team who likes the ball at feet will find these conditions an absolute nightmare. I would not look too much into this performance by Milan.

I wonder if RAI Int'l was having problems with all the weather given their feed troubles during the match. But man -- that new 91° Minuto program... feels like EPL coverage, but the reviews, presentation of line-ups, etc., makes 90° Minuto look like the Mussolini-era program that it was.
:LOL: Indeed.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Inter is the main threat!Pizarro showed the right force to create the chance,we don't have such a player!We need one playmaker(really good one).
When I wach our team it looks to me that the attackers are so much away from the opponent's goal,and that our midfielders really don't know what to do with the ball.
We are trying to play from the flanks,Camo-Nedved-Zambro,aim the ball for Trez and ibrahim infront of the opponent's goal.
Vieira and Emerson are looking to slow in the mid,but we got one good player for the air duels----Vieira!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)