[IT] Serie A 2005/06 (12 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Inter completely thrashed newcomers Treviso 3-0 today at the San Siro. Adriano scored three world class goals past a rather weak looking Treviso defense, and right now it's obvious who the favorite for top scorer would be....with all the weapons the Nerazzurri have in attack, Adriano could very well hit 30 goals in Serie A this season. He had three opportunities to score in this match and put every single chance away. Absolutely scary finishing from the Brazilian. Inter controlled most of the match with Veron and Pizarro in the second half passing the ball around the pitch easily, and Treviso only had a few opportunities to score.

Inter has all the weapons they need to mount a serious challenge for the Scudetto.....Figo had a very good Serie A debut, and Veron was conducting proceedings in midfield like his usual world class self. Pizarro came on the pitch in the second half for Veron, and I must say I will never forgive Capello and Moggi for passing up on the Chilean. Pizarro would add so much to Juventus in terms of creativity and passing range that would elevate our play to unforeseen heights. I guess Juventus likes to pass up great midfield talents nowadays. :lazy:

It's still too early to tell how this season will play out, and it goes without saying Inter can impress one week then fall apart the next, so I would not be worried just quite yet. However, I do expect Inter to have a better season than last term, so expect a challenge from perhaps the best "squad list" in the world. I would say it's about time from Inter.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Newly promoted Ascoli earned a shock draw, as for the second season running Milan start their campaign with only one point on the scoreboard.

New boys Ascoli faced a tough challenge as they welcomed a wounded Milan to the Stadio Del Duca for their first Serie A match in 13 years. The club was only promoted a couple of weeks ago following the demotion of Torino and Genoa, so there wasn't much experience at their disposal.

The Rossoneri had to do without Pippo Inzaghi, captain Paolo Maldini and the suspended Christian Vieri, so Alberto Gilardino and Andriy Shevchenko were the only two strikers at their disposal. Most clubs would, of course, love the opportunity to count on just one of these stars. Carlo Ancelotti picked an all-attack line-up with Serginho on the left side of midfield and Massimo Ambrosini on the right.

It was raining heavily in the Stadio Del Duca and the ball simply wasn't able to roll along the ground, so after four minutes of impossible football, the referee temporarily stopped play, although they continued following a brief pause.

Creating any real scoring opportunities was difficult, so Shevchenko tried from distance and the ball drifted over the bar.

Dead ball situations were the best option, so Serginho and Andrea Pirlo threatened with their free kicks. Cross-cum-shots from Foggia and Marcos Cafu caused a few problems for the goalkeepers.

Shevchenko's penalty appeals were waved away, as Cudini handled the ball in the area when defending a Pirlo set-piece.

Another Pirlo free kick tested Coppola on the stroke of half-time, but the environmental conditions ruined what could have been a great game of football.

Milan finally got a shot on goal after the restart, as Shevchenko's free kick was palmed round the post by Coppola.

Moments later, Ascoli were also dangerous as Quagliarella prepared to pounce on a Cafu error, but the Brazilian was able to clear at the last second.

The rain had stopped and play at last settled with another fierce Shevchenko set-piece only parried by the Ascoli goalkeeper.

Alberto Gilardino got on to Kaka's pass, but he had his back to goal and couldn't quite turn round the determined Lauro.

Instead, it was Ascoli who took a shock lead on 52 minutes. Foggia's free kick found Quagliarella and his header was only palmed into the path of Mirko Cudini for a tap-in.

Milan hit the back of the net two minutes later with Jaap Stam's header, but it was disallowed as the referee had not yet blown the whistle for the corner kick to be taken.

Ballon d'Or winner Shevchenko took matters into his own hands and scored with a stunning solo effort. The Ukrainian was over 20 metres away when he unleashed a rocket that bounced just in front of Coppola.

Seconds later it should've been 2-1. Kaka's effort was only parried by Coppola, but Shevchenko ballooned the follow-up over the bar from six yards in a chaotic move.

However, there was panic in the Milan area as Stam's wayward backpass forced Dida into an acrobatic clearance.

Coppola was at full stretch to fingertip Kaka's low drive round the post as it turned into a siege on the Ascoli net. Yet Dida had to be careful on Del Grosso's dangerous free kick in the closing moments.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
now im regretting everything i said about wanting gol tv in english :frown:

its in english as of this morning and its horrible. they cant pronounce anything, put it back in spanish please!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Inter completely thrashed newcomers Treviso 3-0 today at the San Siro. Adriano scored three world class goals past a rather weak looking Treviso defense, and right now it's obvious who the favorite for top scorer would be....with all the weapons the Nerazzurri have in attack, Adriano could very well hit 30 goals in Serie A this season. He had three opportunities to score in this match and put every single chance away. Absolutely scary finishing from the Brazilian. Inter controlled most of the match with Veron and Pizarro in the second half passing the ball around the pitch easily, and Treviso only had a few opportunities to score.

Inter has all the weapons they need to mount a serious challenge for the Scudetto.....Figo had a very good Serie A debut, and Veron was conducting proceedings in midfield like his usual world class self. Pizarro came on the pitch in the second half for Veron, and I must say I will never forgive Capello and Moggi for passing up on the Chilean. Pizarro would add so much to Juventus in terms of creativity and passing range that would elevate our play to unforeseen heights. I guess Juventus likes to pass up great midfield talents nowadays. :lazy:

It's still too early to tell how this season will play out, and it goes without saying Inter can impress one week then fall apart the next, so I would not be worried just quite yet. However, I do expect Inter to have a better season than last term, so expect a challenge from perhaps the best "squad list" in the world. I would say it's about time from Inter.
That's what I've been saying for so long. What we would lose defensively by having Pizarro in midfield instead of two defensive-minded players we would more than make up for in attack. As you said, his ability to distribute the ball with creativity and accuracy would have been an ideal addition to the Juve midfield as I'm not quite sure that we have what it takes to break down quality teams when they sit back and get men behind the ball. As it is Inter and Milan have numerous world class playmakers (Pirlo, Kaka, Pizarro, Veron) and we have none, unless you want to count Camo.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Esteban ] ++
Someone got a link for those 'world class'-goals vs Treviso? Gah, I hate it when that fat kid succeeds.
He might be fat, however he is talented as fvck. You also seem to really have a problem with the best forwards in Serie A....why is that?

The first goal Adriano scored he dribbled around a defender near the right touchline and blasted the ball with his left peg past Handanovic on the near post.

Second goal Stankovic chipped the ball to an onside-running Adriano who settled the ball with his thigh and then touched it past the keeper with his left foot again from 5 yards out.

Third goal Pizarro beat a couple defenders on the dribble and touched the ball to Adriano who trapped and finished with the outside of his left again from 16 yards out.

All the goals he scored were in traffic.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Menace ] ++
I was Right!, Milan are fvcked with this defense.
Well I wouldn't count on this game, Ascoli scored from a freekick and Milan were denied many opportunities. The pitch was über wet as well.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

That's what I've been saying for so long. What we would lose defensively by having Pizarro in midfield instead of two defensive-minded players we would more than make up for in attack. As you said, his ability to distribute the ball with creativity and accuracy would have been an ideal addition to the Juve midfield as I'm not quite sure that we have what it takes to break down quality teams when they sit back and get men behind the ball. As it is Inter and Milan have numerous world class playmakers (Pirlo, Kaka, Pizarro, Veron) and we have none, unless you want to count Camo.
We could have also obtained Pizarro for much less than the price of Vieira. It just makes me mad that our directors seem to not realize that we lack creativity and a player who can orchestrate attacks, yet over at Inter they have Veron, Stankovic, and now Pizarro who all have more creativity than any of our midfielders. Once again this season we will have to suffer through performances in which we have no clue what to do with the ball in midfield, and have to rely on crappy half-chance goals to get us our wins. What is such the big deal about having a player who can pass the ball with the best of them in midfield Capello?

I'm a huge fan of deep-lying playmakers, however I'm also a big fan of fixing problems that we are faced with and sit right in front of our eyes. Our management has not fixed the creativity problem; hell I don't even know if they addressed it. But once the more difficult Champions League matches come up and we are struggling to score, don't say I told you so Moggi and Capello.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Well I wouldn't count on this game, Ascoli scored from a freekick and Milan were denied many opportunities. The pitch was über wet as well.
Even so, thier defense is too old now and the season is long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)